Grid is a set of compact unit frames for dungeons/raids. It is primarily targeted at healers, but other classes may also want to use it as an indicator of how well their raid group is doing. The addon is currently undergoing major redesign and will only do bug fixes and minor feature requests. Stay tuned for the future! Grid is not currently a replacement for the stock GroupFrame addon.
As you can probably tell, it's heavily inspired by two WoW addons, namely Grid, the namesake of my addon(no other affiliation), and VuhDo. To a very limited extent, it also aspires to features of Clique.
- Displays a health bar for every party member in a nice and compact format. It is intended to be placed in the area around your cast bar for maximum efficiency.
- Acts as an interface for targeted skills (usually heals). Simply mouse over the frame of a unit in need, and hit the appropriate hotkey on your LAS. The addon automatically targets the unit you are mousing over to facilitate healing with as little inputs as possible. I find it works well by binding the relevant skill LAS button to a tertiary mouse button (middle mouse, extra buttons, +/- modifier keys). Note that the addon will automatically reset to your previous target once your mouse leaves the grid area. This behaviour can be changed in the option dialogue.
- Shows a range indicator for your group members. Units that are further than (default 35m, reverie range) away from you get faded out. Helps knowing if you will heal that low health DPS at the other end of the room with your finisher or not.
- Aggro indicators to let you know who is currently tanking a mob.
- "dispellable debuff" indicator. It displays one debuff per unit that can be dispelled, and will pick the one with the most time left on it.
- An arrow pointing in the general direction of where on earth that low health group member is hiding from your heals.
- Lastly, in the top left, there is an interrupt armor/"is currently being CCed"/Is out of focus multi-purpose indicator.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If you get a crash, please copy+paste the stack trace into your report and I will fix it asap. You are also more than welcome to post feature requests, I will always see what I can do.
/grid show - show the addon (settings may prevent this)
/grid options - show the options dialogue
/grid lock - lock window position
/grid unlock - unlock window position
/grid reset - restore default settings
- Yet more settings, always more settings!
- Ready check/assigned roles indicators
- Incoming heals preview (hard due to telegraphed nature of skills)
- Fully configurable indicators ("if unit.focus < 25%/ if unit has a certain debuff, display a blue square in the top left") - planned for the next major release (read: not soon)
- Account-wide profiles
- Right click dropdown menues?
- Editable unit groups?
- Enemy/Focus/Pet frames?
- Proper mouseover healing without the targeting workaround - sadly this is not something I can do, but perhaps Carbine will surprise us with this feature in a future patch
- Click to select and locking the frames will make Grid swallow mouse input (you can no longer right-click to rotate the camera while hovering over it) Cannot fix?
- Aggro tracking breaks if you do not witness the friendly unit entering combat. This happens most frequently with stalker tanks. Cannot fix/API bug.
- cross faction update
- more later as time permits
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Grid 61109.0||Release||API14||874||Nov 9, 2016|
|Grid-v0.26-masterbea180c8ea57b28a6a139963b0fc3081ebec4fdd.zip||Release||API 11||2,954||Jan 3, 2016|
|Grid-v0.24-master61235ef1e51a0fc134182db13157d3d6f0e69b82.zip||Release||API 9||23,341||Jul 15, 2014|
|Grid-v0.23-master8d8054b0fa87d238e15aee59986d3772eb8b8636.zip||Release||API 8||24,883||Jun 14, 2014|
|Grid-v0.11-master06cfbb448d11ca3710a3c77190988eaf67add9c4.zip||Release||API 7||1,026||Mar 29, 2014|