Inspired somewhat, by ingeniousclown's Research Assistant, Sous Chef will make your provisioning life somewhat easier, by keeping track of things so you don't have to.
Sous Chef will work through your cookbook, and then whenever you look at your inventory or bank, will mark Provisioning Ingredients with the Provisioning Rank of any matching recipes that you know (I, II, III, IV, V, VI). If you mouse over the ingredient, Sous Chef will let you know which recipes use that ingredient, along with how many of that recipe you can make with your current inventory. (Note, currently we're unable to match ingredients in the Guild Store)
There's also a toggle to show Special Ingredients (Spices and Flavourings) as S and F, or the category icons(eg Grilled) instead of their ranking.
She will take note of any recipes that you don't know, in your inventory, bank, guild bank and guild store, and mark them for your later elucidation. Let it not be said that your Sous Chef doesn't look out for you!
If you have the "show unknown recipe" option checked and "Alternate Character Check" on, Sous Chef will mark any unknown recipe that is known by an alternate character with a faded checkmark to differentiate. If you click once on the recipe, the tooltip will indicate who knows that one
Alternate Character (Recipe/Ingredient) Knowledge will spread the information of your culinary knowledge to all your bank alts.
There is some arbitrary sorting done on the Provisioning Table, rows will be sorted first by rank, then quality, then name (Note this still mixes up somewhat the first rank recipes as they span 1-20), and quality colouring is added to the row.
You will also be able to filter the Provisioning Table to show only blue or better recipes.
Sous Chef will also track a Shopping List if you so wish. To do so, simply mark any recipe you wish to keep track of, in the Provisioning window, and Sous Chef will highlight the ingredients for those recipes in a different colour. You can also ask her to only worry about the Shopping List and ignore all other ingredients.
French and German clients
With regards to non English clients, there are a number of Recipe/Result combinations that do not match exactly.
EG: Geißelwürzeconfit comes from a Rezept:Geißelwürzenconfit, which I assume (verb and noun appropriately) is either due to a typo, or different people translating the original.
French recipes have examples like "Recette de bière à la viande sombre" to make "Bière de viande sombre". I have an experimental filter to remove 'de' and 'à la' to try and improve matching, but that doesn't work in German, where it's all a single word (Difficult to differentiate endings and the like from midword letters).
I've tried to handle this, but cannot reliably do so, so I must sadly decline any future bug report of this nature. If you could report to Zenimax, the typo (I'm unsure what sort of priority they have for text adjustments), that will resolve itself in the future, but that is all I can offer as a solution to this issue.
If you wish to ignore a recipe so it doesn't keep clogging up your system, you can use the following commands:
- /sciadd <recipe name> - Will add a recipe to the list. Can use the link if you can render it (ie not from the Guild Shop)
- /sciremove <recipe name> - Will remove a recipe from the list (also can use a link)
- /scilist - Will list what recipes you have ignored
If a recipe name is in that list, it will not be considered for marking.
- and fixed the shopping list bug introduced in 2.11
- finally swatted the crash-to-desktop bug
- more "safety" code to detect and handle errors before crashing
- hopefully, a fix to the crash-to-desktop problem
- restore guild store tooltips, color the result names
- syntax bug fix
- display recipe result and its level in recipe tooltip, hopefully solve the recipe/result name mismatch problem, fix bug where displaying a spice/flavor's food type wasn't working in French and German clients
- now with updated manifest!
- API 100010
- add localization, add full guild store support, add grocery store support
- API 100009
- API 100008
- LibSort update
- Patch fixes by CrazyDutchGuy
- Increment API version
- Added in who marked the recipe in the tooltip for the shopping list, and faded the checkmark if it's an alt (like the recipe knowledge checkmarks)
- Added a toggle for the sorting of the provisioning table for you weird ones (requires /reloadui)
- Fix for non-Provisioning table bug
- Added finer granularity to the Alt Knowledge options. Check the settings
- Added the name of the character who put a recipe on the Shopping List into the tooltip
- Fix for soulstone mouseover
- Provisioning Table now sorts by as much information we're able to cater for
- Coloured the rows according to recipe quality
- Added in blue+ quality recipe only filter to the Provisioning Table
- Bugfix for recipe count
- Added in 'Number of stuff you can make with what you've got' to the links in the Ingredient Tooltip
- Profiled data in the SV by language for the multi language users to prevent recipe bleedover
- Fixed gold slots showing ranks from previous lootings
- Option to show type of special ingredients by recipe category, eg "Grilled" or "Wine"
- Now has loot window functionality
- Fixed glitch with GridView swapping
- Fixed soulgem charging mouseover
- Removed debug msg
- Made the tooltips mouseover rather than click (actually toggleable)
- Added in Shopping List functionality. Mark the recipes you want tracked, and SC will highlight the ingredients (colour settable), she will also asterisk the recipe that's marked in the ingredient "used in" tooltip
- Added functionality to only focus on Shopping List
- Wrapped the hooks so that if they fail, they don't break
- Attempt at refreshing the view on recipe learnt
- Fix for texture issue in Guild Store
v1.8.3 and 1.8.4-
- Fixed GS bug
- removed all in one line for "also in recipes"
- Added cookbook refresh on toggle of S/F
- Fixed missing ignore recipe check in Guild Store
- Added toggle for S/F icons
- Added in recipe ignore list
- removed debug for partial Favourite code
- Stepped back from non-English client fixes. See Description
- Added Spices and Flavourings for notification
- Fix for guild shop. Misnamed setting variable name
- Made the tooltip details concat to a single line.
- Added in experimental non-English Client recipe matching. If you find a recipe and result that don't match, please log a bug with the details of both, so I can add the differences to the dictionary.
- Bugfixes to return faded checkmarks
- Attempt to circumvent language issues (ie, French prepends the word for recipe) by matching within a character length and at the start or end.
- fixed recipe matching in Guild Shop, Added recipe known by tooltip in Guild Shop, Adjusted how ingredients get ranked by max rank instead of last checked rank
- Fixed Tier 3 image for the bold setting, image was incorrectly sized and not showing. Capitalised the recipes. Will require an SV purge, so your settings will be reset
- Adjustment to storage method to allow for Zenimax's gendering of names in non-English languages
- Localisation fix for learnt recipes
- Added in 'who knows this recipe' to recipe tooltip
- Added option for a more visible numbering
- Now marks recipes in the guild store
- Now spreads the information to your alts
- Removed debug message. Prevented infinite recipe tooltips
- Tooltips back in. Have to click the ingredient to see the recipe list
- Rolled back on tooltip. Need to find better way.
- Added in recipe results in tooltip. Reworked base engine to not use OnUpdate
- Texture fix for Tier 3 ingredients
- Added in Alternate Character Knowledge tick
- Added toggle for recipes seen and colour picker.
- Fixed library reference, and outer folder
- Fixed recipe parse error and checkmark placement
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Sous Chef v2.15||Release||1.2.3||39,705||Nov 29, 2014|
|SousChef-v2.5.zip||Release||1.2.3||8,034||Aug 10, 2014|
|SousChef-v2.4.zip||Release||1.2.3||6,376||Jul 2, 2014|
|SousChef-v2.0.zip||Release||1.2.3||3,070||Jun 26, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.16.1.zip||Release||1.0.8||9,291||May 23, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.16.zip||Release||1.0||2,832||May 18, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.15.1.zip||Release||1.0||2,935||May 14, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.15.zip||Release||1.0||110||May 14, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.14.1.zip||Release||1.0||1,294||May 13, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.14.zip||Release||1.0||1,280||May 12, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.13.zip||Release||1.0||1,389||May 11, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.12.1.zip||Release||1.0||753||May 10, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.12.zip||Release||1.0||27||May 10, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.11.1.zip||Release||1.0||1,483||May 9, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.11.zip||Release||1.0||1,178||May 8, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.10.zip||Release||1.0||1,744||May 6, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.9.2.zip||Release||1.0||772||May 5, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.9.zip||Release||1.0||638||May 5, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.6.zip||Release||1.0||2,769||May 1, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.5.zip||Release||1.0||712||May 1, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.4.zip||Release||1.0||340||Apr 30, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.3.zip||Release||1.0||24||Apr 30, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.2.zip||Release||1.0||838||Apr 30, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.8.1.zip||Release||1.0||238||Apr 30, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.7.1.zip||Release||1.0||1,112||Apr 29, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.7.zip||Release||1.0||78||Apr 29, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.7.zip||Release||1.0||1,187||Apr 28, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.6.zip||Release||1.0||119||Apr 28, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.5.zip||Release||1.0||3,168||Apr 23, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.4.zip||Release||1.0||1,115||Apr 22, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.3.zip||Release||1.0||1,025||Apr 21, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.2.zip||Release||1.0||1,244||Apr 20, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.1.zip||Release||1.0||666||Apr 19, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.6.zip||Release||1.0||1,994||Apr 17, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.5.zip||Release||1.0||1,351||Apr 15, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.4.zip||Release||1.0||548||Apr 14, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.3.zip||Release||1.0||21||Apr 13, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.2.3.zip||Release||1.0||29||Apr 13, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.2.2.zip||Release||1.0||23||Apr 13, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.2.1.zip||Release||1.0||1,196||Apr 12, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.2.zip||Release||1.0||145||Apr 12, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.1.1.zip||Release||1.0||361||Apr 11, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.1.zip||Release||1.0||457||Apr 11, 2014|
|SousChef-v1.0.4.zip||Release||1.0||488||Apr 10, 2014|
|Sous Chef||Release||1.0||944||Apr 9, 2014|
|Sous Chef||Release||1.0||65||Apr 9, 2014|