As part of Athene's campaign to help those in need in the Horn of Africa by raising $1,000,000 in 100 days, top World of Warcraft guilds vodka and Method will be holding a livestreamed challenge! With no buff and no stopping, the first guild to fully clear 25 player Heroic Dragon Soul wins.
Both raids will occur simultaneously on 4/21/2012 at 2:00 pm EST[9:00 pm CET]. Watch and participate over at http://athenelive.com/dschallenge! Some event details:
There will also be a pre-raid event 30 minutes beforehand staring at 1:30pm EST[8:30 pm CET]. During this time, our casters will share insight about the upcoming raid. Expect interviews with players from both guilds as well as viewer Q&A. There will also be additional information about our sponsors and the charity we are supporting.
Sponsored by Curse, Razer, Lowerping, and other groups, ALL proceeds will be going directly to charity. Information about Save the Children can be found here: http://www.savethechildren.org/.
In addition, giveaways will be taking place all throughout the event at random or as a result of direct donation to the cause. Prizes include:
- 5 x Cataclysm Collectors Edition’s signed by the WoW development team
- 4 x Razer Naga EPIC Mice, 2 x Carcharias Headsets, 2 x Nostromos, and 1 x Anansi Keyboard
- 5 x Curse T-shirts and 10 x 1 year Premium Accounts
- 10 x 1 year Lowerping Accounts codes and 20 x 3 month Lowerping Account codes
- 2 x 30min coaching sessions with Landsoul
For more information on getting involved in Athene's campaign, head to For more information on how to get involved, visit http://www.OpShareCraft.com/.