Jagex has today announced a new system of 'pay-through-play' type currency, Bonds. Mod MMG explains in the video below why Bonds are essential for the future of RuneScape:
A rundown for those who would rather read:
- Bonds completely liberate player-to-player trading, offering RuneScape players more choice and freedom than ever before. This includes the ability to now access all premium membership content through the in-game wealth earned by dedicated players, who can also gift Bonds to a friend or fellow clan member anywhere in the world.
- Available to purchase directly from RuneScape.com, the new ‘pay-through-play’ currency is intended to help all parts of the community access premium content and services during these tough economic times.
- The launch of Bonds will also eradicate gold farming by flipping the balance entirely to free trading within and by the community, benefiting players directly and improving the experience for all.
- A Bond in RuneScape cost $5, £3 or €4.25 each - can only be redeemed in-game.
- Bonds can be redeemed in exchange for 14 days of RuneScape membership, eight Squeal of Fortune spins, or 160 RuneCoins. Multiple Bonds can also be redeemed for RuneFest tickets.
For those who haven't played, RuneScape is a fantasy browser-based MMORPG, in which players travel throughout multiple kingdoms, regions, and cities by teleportation spells, devices, and public transportation. Battle monsters, complete quests, and gather resources alongside an immense community! Interested? Play free at RuneScape.com
Be sure to drop by http://www.zybez.net/, an amazing community resource for Runescape news and database content.