A free update for Gotham City Impostors is available today, featuring several game fixes from Monolith Productions as well as new content such as:
- East End Map: Can be enjoyed in all multiplayer game modes, as well as the single-player challenge mode.
- Bounty Hunter Mode: Offers fans a variation on Team Deathmatch that rewards each team for collecting bounties from their fallen opponents, with the winner being the first team to collect 50 bounties.
- Character Voice Customization: For those who want to smack-talk in another language, they can now choose to have their Impostor speak in –game in any of the following languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish and German.
A paid content update is also now available today for Xbox Live (400 MS Points), soon to follow for PSN and PC. The above video highlights the Rodeo Pirate Pack, which features:
- New Weapon: The Boarding Party! A blunderbuss that fires scalp-seeking parrots. Once these parrots land on a foe they deal periodic damage and block their victim’s vision!
- New Support Item: The Conch! This powerful shell will foretell the end of your enemies, as one blast from its powerful bowels will interrupt any active gadget, push enemies back to give you breathing room, and even do a little bit of damage.
- New Fun Fact: Rummy! This new Fun Fact will fill your #2 slot, and prevents you from being frozen, blocks parrot attacks, and stops conch stuns. (Oh, and it’ll also protect you from cold damage.)
- New Costumes: The Rodeo and Pirate Costumes are yours to adorn your Impostor with. Show the world your inner scurvy dog, or rodeo clown!
- New Voice: The Pirate voice is up for grabs! Use your new found knowledge of the high seas to berate all those that stand against you, and your swashbuckling ways.
- New Paint Job: The Pizza Paint Job is here for you to slather all over your favorite (and non-favorite) weapons! Give your foes a hot slice of death with this fresh new look.
The premise behind the game is that Gotham City has been overrun by impostors, taking the look of either Batman or Joker. Players can customize the way their character looks although they all have a resemblance to either Joker or Batman. The two teams - Jokerz and Bats - face off each round to dominate Gotham City using an absolutely awesome set of weapons and gadgets, the likes of which no other FPS is boasting.
Gotham City Impostors is available for download on Windows PC, PSN, and XBL. Check out the game at http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/!