Firefall is due out later this year and features online multiplayer action in a massively multiplayer FPS setting. With both an open-world cooperative campaign and competitive multiplayer components, the game is sure to make a splash - especially since it's also free-to-play.
They've reached over 500,000 registered members now in their beta phase, which is quite a significant milestone for the independent studio! To prepare the wave of new players for release, Red 5 has revealed their official system requirements for Firefall:
- OS: Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Dual Core @ 2.6 Ghz (Athon 64 x2, Athlon II x2, Phenom II x2)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Dual Core @ 2.2 Ghz (Core 2, Core i3, Pentium Dual Core)
- GPU: DirectX 9 compatible AMD or Nvidia video card with 1GB RAM (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550 or Nvidia Geforce 8600)
- MEMORY: 4 GB
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz (Athlon II X4, Phenom, Phenom II X4)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Quad Core @ 2.4 Ghz (Core 2 Quad, i5, i7)
- GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
- MEMORY: 4 GB
In addition, Red 5 is making significant changes to the game based on community input following their first stage of the exclusive beta. The Tribe is rolling out a massive update that will affect everything from progression to core gameplay mechanics. VP of Development James Macauley outlined how Firefall is going to change later this summer, in a recent development update you can find here.
For more on Firefall, you'll definitely want to check out http://www.firefallthegame.com/!