I believe you're missing druid guardian specs in the rules
Sep 25, 2012Link Removed
Mar 26, 2012Link Removed
Hi, is this currently working? I have all raids selected, the search is active and i'm getting no hits on the busiest realm mthere is
Mar 23, 2012Link Removed
To be honest I'm using the addon a little differently than what you are intending. I run a guild of 1,000 people and often the new recruits whisper me with very repeated questions. I put your DND addon up and most of the questions are answered before I go crazy with each person.
The big problem is that there hasn't been an auto-answer addon like yours since literally 2007 (autoresponder) or possibly nuttyrecruit (updated until mid-wrath).
That being said, most of my needs stem from not having this void filled, but a lot of the suggestions still might be appropriate for something that's strictly for a DND function (so please don't write me off entirely!):
- Different saved messages in banks. Maybe make it so that people can save up to a high number, arbitrarily 20? or so. This would open up different dnd statuses in a pulldown-like function from a minimap icon.
- Different responses for different types of people, including an "exempt" type. I don't want my realid friends receiving the same message as a new member of the guild (if at all - I'd personally want them and officers of my guild not recieving a message at all). Types of people might include (specific level ranges), (specific guild ranks), (real id friends), (realm friends), etc
- Default response for people that don't meet the above rules
- Keyword response. Different messages based on user-set keywords. Keywords can be saved alongside the saved messages.
- Multi-line responses, preferably on a timer so people don't get hit with a wall of text all at once. "What are your guild rules?"
- Automatic "on" or "off" when loaded, user set
- Option to turn off the tag you've put on the front of the messages. While it's important to advertise your addon when possible, I hypothesize that 99% of my audience has no need for the addon and that little tag is ignored anyway. Also, it reduces the amount of information I can put in a message. I'm not saying leave it out entirely- just give people the ability to turn it off if they need to and keep it on by default.
- Set a timer to not repeat a message to someone who gets hit. Sometimes I actually DO want to talk to someone who gets a DND message. Right now I have to turn off the whole addon so they don't continue to get spammed.
- Ability to hide incoming whispers as well
- Possibly spit back the hidden whispers on request (answering machine kind of thing)
If you put a few of these in I have no doubt that you'll turn some heads! Guild leaders around the world would rejoice. Use the ideas or not - I'm glad you have an open ear and I'm sure we'll talk more
Mar 21, 2012Link Removed
What are your plans with this addon? I have about 20 suggestions I could make. Looks great already :-)
Feb 21, 2012Link Removed
you should really try to merge EPGP's functions into your own. I get more and more disappointed every day I'm forced to use the EPGP addon due to its authors inability to update the code. Just give us some way to modify the ep or gp numbers after they've been changed if they're mistakes; or add EP to someone spontaneously on our command!
Feb 20, 2012Link Removed
not sure if it's been addressed yet, but why not automatically blacklist anyone that you /gremove? The addon instantly invites those people right back
Oct 5, 2011OH i retract that - it isn't stalling, you've just got it set to stop after awhile. Please give us an option to keep the search going at all times. I have an enormous realm and each /who gives you different players. I'd like it to keep going while i'm raiding so i never have to think about itLink Removed
Oct 5, 2011hmm right off the bat it looks like the thing stalls out. It runs for about five minutes then doesn't invite anyone else in.Link Removed
Also it'd be nice to see the whispers go out (at least have an option to do so), i have no idea if they actually ARE going out
Oct 4, 2011Meh it was my fault, was playing around with too much code -_-Link Removed
Oct 4, 2011I can't wait to see how this ends up. The lvl filtering fills a need that no other addon currently does well in the automated inviting department. I hope you're working on improving the filter settings and including filters based on specific classes too. If you need a solid tester reply; i've worked on a number of projects.Link Removed
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.