The "You Will Die" Mod was originally made in 96 hours for the 2013 MCP #ModJam. It's a rogue-like inspired mod which strives to make Minecraft more difficult, and rewarding, by adding traps, mystery potions, weapon stats, blessings, more dungeons, world goals, and more! For best effect, play on Hardcore mode!
Full Feature List:
- Worlds are given goals and disadvantages. Completing a goal will remove the world's disadvantage, and give you a new goal. Use /currentGoal and /currentDisadvantage to check out both of these. There are currently 7 world disadvantages and two goal types for you to discover!
- Blessings. Players are given a blessing when they first join a world. You can swap out blessings at pillars that gen around the world. Use the examine key (x default) to see what blessing a pillar has. You can only have one blessing at a time. /currentBlessing will show your current blessing. Some blessings have active abilities which can be used with the hotkey (k by default). There are many blessings for you to discover!
- Traps spawn all around the world and can only be seen while sneaking and within a 6 block radius. They are single use, and you can disarm them by right clicking them with nothing in hand, but be careful, because there's a 75% chance you'll fail and hurt yourself. Successful disarms have a 25% chance to drop the trap as an item. There are currently 3 different traps. You can turn off trap generation in the properties (inside the .zip). You can craft traps with their respective recipes. You aren't hurt by your own placed traps, you can disarm your own traps 100% of the time, and can always see your own traps. You can examine traps to see who placed them. Dispensers can place traps. Shears can disarm traps 100% of the time, but traps will never be salvaged.
- Hostile mobs are given a level from 1-5. Levels change how much health a mob has, and level 5 mobs will be given a blessing. Use the examine key to see if a mob has a blessing.
- Dungeons are 13 times more likely to gen, and above ground dungeon towers will gen with spawners and chests.
- Mystery potions have a small chance to drop from mobs, and spawn in dungeon chests. There are 13 in total, 12 to discover, and a 13th wildcard potion. Once you've drank one in a world, you will permanently know that potions ability! Combine with gunpowder to create splash mystery potions.
- Mystery Mushrooms gen around the world in pre-existing mushroom patches. They're given random colors per world, and each can make a specific mystery potions.
- Bows, axes, and swords get a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max bonus damage on creation. Armor gets a random rank from 1-5 which influences it's max damage reduction.
- Fighting specific mobs and using specific weapon types provides bonuses to damage over time. You can check your progress with /creatureKnowledge [page] and /weaponKnowledge [page].
- You can also examine blocks and mobs to see their names.
- Configurable options.
- 5 achievements.
Spike Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 cactus)
Flame Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 torch)
Smoke Trap (Shapeless):
(1 iron pressure plate + 1 squid ink)
Mystery Potion (Shapeless):
(1 mystery potion + 1 gunpowder)
Mystery Potion (Shapeless):
(1 mystery mushroom + 1 water bottle + 1 leather = 1 mystery potion)
(2 obsidian + 1 endstone)
Infused Obsidian Sceptre (Shapeless):
(1 obsidian sceptre + 1 enderpearl + 1 book)
Fixed incompatibility with other mods that add custom weapons.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|You_Will_Die_Mod-0.0.3f.jar||Release||1.7.2||10,287||Apr 25, 2014|
|You_Will_Die_Mod-0.0.3e.jar||Release||1.7.2||2,389||Apr 7, 2014|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.3d.zip||Release||1.6.4||4,292||Dec 28, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.3c.zip||Release||1.6.4||281||Nov 22, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.3b.zip||Release||1.6.4||90||Nov 21, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.3a.zip||Release||1.6.4||158||Nov 5, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.2c.zip||Release||1.6.2||333||Aug 25, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.2b.zip||Release||1.6.2||108||Aug 21, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.2a.zip||Release||1.6.2||92||Aug 20, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.1g.zip||Release||1.6.2||112||Aug 14, 2013|
|TheYouWillDieMod_v0.0.1f.zip||Release||1.6.2||97||Aug 10, 2013|