WARNING: If you update from 1.4.x or earlier to 1.5+ (Minecraft 1.12), you will need to replace your Torches because of a change in the torch logic.
Adds a special torch which prevents mob spawning in a configurable radius.
Original idea by RWTema (Extra Utilities 1)
Note: The torch is supposed to only block "natural" spawning from low light levels. Mob Spawners should still work. I've added special handling for vanilla- and extra utilities 2 mob spawners. Spawners from other mods should work as well! If you find a mod that is not working with the mega torch, please open a ticket on my github repo.
This mod has been tested with:
- Vanilla Allow Mob Spawner ✅
- EnderIO Allow Powered Spawner ✅
- Extra Utilities 2 Allow Resturbed Spawner ✅
- Grimoir of Gaia Block natural Spawn ✅
Version 1.1 added a new Block: The Terrain Lighter - a block that places torches in a configurable area. The Terrain Lighter needs fuel (Coal, wood or any other furnace fuel), torches and a redstone signal to operate (Lever, Redstone Torch, etc). The Block helps you light up the area around you while you build your home early game. Keep in mind that the Terrain Lighter is not perfect, there might be a few spots which are not lit enough to prevent mobspawning, but it should be decent enough for all those lazy guys out there :P
Version 1.2.0 added the Dread Lamp - a lamp that works similar to the mega torch but prevents the natural spawn of passive mobs ("animals") instead:
Bat, Ocelot, Squid, Pig, Sheep, Cow, Chicken, Rabbit, Wolf, Horse (including Zombie Horse!), Llama and other Entities which implement IAnimals. Breeding animals will still work inside the working volume of the lamp! Only natural spawn will be prevented.
The Lamp has a bigger range by default (64 blocks) since the lamps intended use is to reduce annoyances like massive squid swarms spawning around your ocean base etc.
In Version 1.3.0 mega torches have the ability to burn only for a predefined amount of time. This feature is disabled by default, since it is intended to be used in adventure maps or to balance a modpack.
For more info, see https://github.com/Xalcon/TorchMaster/wiki/Torch-Burnout
This version changes the way the torch works. Torches are now persisted chunk independant, which allows torches to work even if the chunk is not loaded. This fixes a rare edge case bug where mobs would spawn close to torch locations (i.e. on login, teleport, or just walking).
1.12.1 - Fully supported
1.12 - No longer supported, please upgrade to 1.12.1
1.11.2 - Feature Freeze, only bugfixes
1.11 - No longer supported, please upgrade to 1.11.2
1.10.2 - Feature Freeze, only bugfixes
This includes all of my mods on curseforge:
You can include any of my mods in any modpack as long as you provide a modlist that contains the following information (excluding libraries):
- Website (Github, Curseforge, etc)
If your players have issues with the mod, please make sure they are on the latest version available.
- Fix Mega Torch and Dread Lamp not working (oops...)
- Add Feral Flare Lantern (Illuminates a big area with a configurable minimum light level, default 16 radius)
- Add Frozen Pearl (Removes nearby invisible feral flare light sources)
- Changed buildscript and configuration to be compatible with 1.12 and 1.12.1+
- Update to forge 126.96.36.1995
- Marked as stable release
- WARNING: IF YOU UPDATE FROM 1.4.3 OR EARLIER YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE YOUR TORCHES AND LAMPS!
- Switched torchmaster logging to debug instead of info to reduce log spam
- Added beginner tooltips to the mega torch, dread lamp and terrain lighter
- Added persistent torch registry (Allows torches and lamps to work while not being chunk loaded)
- MC 1.12 versions of this mod are now signed, yey!
- Updated to forge 188.8.131.523, fixes a crash on startup due to the forge registry changes.