JEI "+" compatible!
Current version: Release v5.0.6
1.12.0 - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2387+ : JAVA 8.
1.10.X - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2185+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.2 - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2228+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.0 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 2189+ : JAVA 8.
1.9.4 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 1976+ : JAVA 8.
~It is always a great idea to give more than 1GB of RAM to Minecraft~
What is this mod?
ViesCraft is a light-weight, easy to use mod that brings something new to Minecraft, the ability to create airships! Airships consume fuel to fly and have an expansion module system which can enhance any airship to fit your needs.
Take your Airship experience a step further by choosing between:
- 4 Unique model types
- 30 Different frames
- 27 Balloon patterns
- Any balloon color you want!
- 11 Airship modules
Each frame type will dictate the base speed and max altitude the airships can achieve. Each model type (v1-v4) only affects appearance.
Fly your faction's colors, change your frame appearance and just explore your world in style. Sky's the limit!
I also added a special little item called the Dismounter.
Have mobs/animals in your airships, minecarts, etc? Use this item to safely get them out!
Update 4.13.0 review!
Note for servers, you must enable flying in the server configs!
For recipes, check out the other photos for the mod/in-game guidebooks or JEI.
Please remember, when using any mod, to back up your worlds! Say no to lost world saves.
- - Airship pronunciations: Viesdenburg [Vise-den-berg], Viesigible [Vie-sij-ible], Viesepelin [ Vie-sep-lyn], Viesakron [ Vise-ah-cron].
- - Use any vanilla fuel source to power any airship except for buckets of lava (by design). These items will burn for their vanilla burn times.
- - All mod items except for the guide books and the Airship Workbench must be crafted in the Airship Workbench.
- - The GUI for an airship can only be accessed by the steering player while mounted in the airship.
- - When an airship runs out of fuel, it will not be able to elevate. All motion controls becomes stiffer and slower as well as it gradually descends. Pro Tip: Don't be over water or lava!
- - If an airship is empty, it will float slowly at an increasing speed back to the ground. No need to worry about a fully fueled airship taking an hour to float back down, unless an animal is in it...
- - While in a multiplayer server, if you are in an airship and log out, your airship will disappear with you. The server restarting has no effect on this. When you log back in, you will still be in your airship and still be flying. However, if you have any passengers and log out, they will assume control and you will drop out of the airship when you log back in...
- - If an airship is destroyed by either water damage, creative destruction, or just the regular way to break the airship back into an item, any module inventory contents will be dropped on the ground! Make sure you have enough room to get all of your items!
- - Config airship name strings are only taken from the Client. Setting it on the server makes no difference!
- - Airships hate water! When you submerge it enough, it will start to smoke. If you do not get out in time, it will explode with a chance of dropping random parts. This will hurt...
Note for Modpack Creators
Everyone is free to use this mod in any modpack they want. I only ask that you give me credit (Viesis), don't make money off of it (keeping it free), and have a link back to this site (if you can). Otherwis, have fun with it!
Anything that is
Struckthrough is done and ready to go.
I am adding the following next update:
- I am adding two "Vies-Bags"! One is just for modules, the other is for any items! (24 slot bags)
- I have two more model airships in mind. Since the v4 airship is kind of a remake of the v1, why not do that for the other two!?
Once that is done, I will work on adding something special for having my up and coming new mod with the airship mod. I plan on adding 9 new special frame particles for each of my elemental gemstones, as an added bonus. :)
Later down the pipe:
- An addition to my fuel system. I want to use the forge energy system and tesla. Maybe even a Viesergy Battery. Haha!
Make a battery item that can hold tesla/forge energy.
2. Make a basic tile entity that can charge the battery.
3. Make airships be able to use the stored energy in the battery to fly.
- Module cosmetic particles! These will add particles/animations for different slotted modules, etc.
Got any suggestions? Let me know!
Also squashing any bugs that come up.
- Airship workbenches will now show the rendered item in the correct slot just by looking at the model. I wanted to do this for a long time now. It will display and items put in, even from other mods.
- Rewrote the sound system to make more sense.
- The airship appearance tab “Done” button will now exit back to the main airship Gui instead of just closing out.
- The airship appearance tab top label now states this is for "Frame Appearance" with some extra textures drawn to make it easier to read. Did this to plan for more customization in the future.
- Updated the Airship Workbench texture to work with the new item rendering model system.
- Fixed an issue where the crafting table would not drop items in the last slot when breaking.
- Fixed the Airship Workbench syncing issue. It was not registering items being in the slots until a player clicked on the workbench.
- A lot of cleanup.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|ViesCraft-1.12.0-5.0.6.jar||Release||1.12||6,368||Jul 14, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-5.0.6-final.jar||Release||1.11.2||1,484||Jul 14, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-5.0.6.jar||Release||1.10.2||665||Jul 14, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.12.0-5.0.0.jar||Release||1.12||2,374||Jul 12, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.38.44.jar||Release||1.11.2||18,344||Jun 16, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.38.44.jar||Release||1.10.2||17,589||Jun 16, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.38.42.jar||Release||1.11.2||12,228||May 25, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.38.42.jar||Release||1.10.2||32,284||May 25, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.34.38.jar||Release||1.11.2||5,603||May 12, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.34.38.jar||Release||1.10.2||1,699||May 12, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.30.29.jar||Release||1.11.2||6,195||Apr 28, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.30.29.jar||Release||1.10.2||2,360||Apr 28, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.27.21.jar||Release||1.11.2||775||Apr 23, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.27.21.jar||Release||1.10.2||3,263||Apr 23, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.26.13.jar||Release||1.11.2||5,989||Mar 31, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.26.13.jar||Release||1.10.2||161,858||Mar 31, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.24.14.jar||Release||1.11.2||711||Mar 26, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.24.14.jar||Release||1.10.2||750||Mar 26, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.24.0.jar||Release||1.11.2||7,115||Mar 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.24.0.jar||Release||1.10.2||94,329||Mar 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.22.0.jar||Release||1.11.2||1,847||Feb 26, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.22.0.jar||Release||1.10.2||900||Feb 26, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.13.0.jar||Release||1.11.2||3,073||Feb 3, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.13.0.jar||Release||1.10.2||1,681||Feb 3, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.11.0.jar||Release||1.11.2||1,638||Jan 25, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.11.0.jar||Release||1.10.2||855||Jan 25, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.8.14.jar||Release||1.11.2||1,677||Jan 14, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.8.14.jar||Release||1.10.2||729||Jan 14, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.8.9.jar||Release||1.11.2||139||Jan 13, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.8.9.jar||Release||1.10.2||143||Jan 13, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.8.2.jar||Release||1.11.2||1,071||Jan 11, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.0-4.8.2-final.jar||Release||1.11||1,448||Jan 11, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.8.2.jar||Release||1.10.2||808||Jan 11, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.9.4-4.8.2-final.jar||Release||1.9.4||353||Jan 11, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.2-4.8.1.jar||Release||1.11.2||334||Jan 10, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.11.0-4.8.1-final.jar||Release||1.11||202||Jan 10, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.10.X-4.8.1.jar||Release||1.10.2||166||Jan 10, 2017|
|ViesCraft-1.9.4-4.8.1-final.jar||Release||1.9.4||43||Jan 10, 2017|
|ViesCraft_1.11.2-4.8.0.jar||Release||1.11.2||188||Jan 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft_1.11.0-4.8.0-final.jar||Release||1.11||139||Jan 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft-_1.10.X-4.8.0.jar||Release||1.10.2||158||Jan 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft-_1.9.4-4.8.0-final.jar||Release||1.9.4||33||Jan 9, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.7.2a-mc1.11.2.jar||Release||1.11.2||755||Jan 5, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.7.2a-mc1.10.X.jar||Release||1.10.2||488||Jan 5, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.5.5a-mc1.11.2.jar||Release||1.11.2||7,122||Jan 1, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.5.5a-mc1.10.X.jar||Release||1.10.2||2,517||Jan 1, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.5.4a-mc1.11.2.jar||Release||1.11.2||59||Jan 1, 2017|
|ViesCraft-4.5.0a-mc1.11.0.jar||Release||1.11||1,260||Dec 30, 2016|
|ViesCraft-4.0.2a-mc1.11.0.jar||Release||1.11||1,586||Dec 17, 2016|
|ViesCraft-4.0.2a-mc1.10.2.jar||Release||1.10.2||1,345||Dec 17, 2016|