Cthulhu is back, your friend Ruari is missing, and all you have is a sexy looking bowtie...
Shouldn't be a problem, right?
Boston doesn't look the same as the last time you were here. You certainly don't remember this forest being here, and there are a lot of strange buildings around the place. Weird creatures walk the surface that you don't recall ever seeing before. One thing is certain, though. Evil has spawned in this world again, stronger now than ever.
And after all,
That is not dead which can eternal lie, until you blast a shotgun shell right into its eye.
- - - - - - - - --
This map was created by Lane O. and Joe "Stalin". Elements borrowed from (and inspired by) H.P. Lovecraft (Specifically The Call of Cthulhu, Dagon, and Necronomicon in general.), Alice in Wonderland, Doctor Who, and the music of Aurelio Voltaire.
We hope you like what we've done. Thinking of jokes isn't easy, especially if they're supposed to be funny.
Thank you for making this impossible. -Lane O.
- - - - - - - - --
Oh and hey, don't forget to leave us a review. Let us know what you want to see in future patches, new maps, or whatever by answering the poll on the right side, and leave a comment telling us what you honestly thought.
And don't forget to tell your friends. Killing monsters is always better with friends.
- Fixed all grammar and spelling mistakes from before.
- Added two signs (non-story), One joke, One Easter Egg, both on opposite sides of the map.
- Added one sentimental hint sign in the final room.
- Added Credits
- Added my very last chance at making something cool with wires.
- Added a very appropriate and well-deserved Thank You.
- Changed the sign at the bottom of the space tower, added a hint about the sky bridge.
- Changed a sign near the high dive in the castle.
- Moved the final bed location, because apparently none of you can ever get to it.
- Fixed a critical bug for the multiplayer chest with only one pair of spectre boots.
- Fixed Airship chest bug
- Made a second ladder back down to Boston on the far side of the condemned building
- Changed the gravestones on the second graveyard (Far side of Boston)
- Changed the appearance of some spikes in the condemned building. Just for show.
- Added a Death Trap. Just for fun.
- Changed all NPC names
Version 1.2 - Multiplayer
- Added 3 extra chests for every key chest. The map is now suitable for 4 players MAX.
- Fixed more spelling mistakes
- Changed the appearance of the Boston Forest
- Added the Temple of Light
- Added Boston
- Added more buildings and a lot more signs
- Added a new dungeon: "The Airship"
- It is now physically impossible to skip the sky castle.
- Map starts at dawn, so there's no chance of running into Wraiths right away.
- Actually fixed the Guide's spawn location this time.
- Moved the Demo Man to the bar
- Removed Rage signs
- Changed wing location
- Changed 5 life crystal locations
- Added more obscure references. Find them all and you get a cookie! :D
- Fixed MOST of the spelling mistakes
- Made stone structures into brick structures
- Removed all dev chests and ocean chests accidentally left in the final copy.
- Made it so that even if you do have a gravitation potion, there is no way you can skip the sky castle.
- You won't be able to even miss noticing the sky castle now.
- Fixed The Guide spawn location
- Took out the first shotgun (You wouldn't get any ammo until much later, anyway)
- Gave advice to those with different lighting/screen resolution who are unable to get to the last checkpoint on the map.
- Added 'Lane and Joe RAGE' signs - Current count, 1
- Made the bridge near the end of the map look nicer
- Added sharp rocks at the bottom
- Took screenshots out of the zip file
- Added things on the map
- Added plotline
- Added humor
- Added Cthulhu
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|To Kill a Cthulhu (With Friends) vFinal||Release||2,216||Jun 28, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu (With Friends) v22.214.171.124||Release||888||Apr 7, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu (With Friends) v126.96.36.199||Release||531||Mar 23, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu (With Friends) v1.2.1||Release||34||Mar 23, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu - Multiplayer v1.2||Release||309||Mar 7, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu v1.2||Release||192||Mar 7, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu v1.1||Release||186||Mar 3, 2012|
|To Kill a Cthulhu||Release||269||Feb 25, 2012|