WorldGuard is a powerful plugin with a large bag of tricks for server owners, server map makers, regular survival servers, and everyone in between!
- Create zones in your world that only permit mods or certain players from building within
- Set additional game rules on your server (deny wither block damage, falling damage, etc.)
- Set game rules on specific areas (food regen, health regen, disable PvP, TNT, control mob damage) in your world
- Blacklist certain items and blocks so they can't be used
- Dump useful statistics and information about your server (/wg report -p)
- CPU profile your server (/wg profile -p)
- Add useful commands like an immediate "STOP ALL FIRE SPREAD" command.
- Works, more or less, with mods (other Bukkit plugins and FTB mods)
- Protects against many types of grief (fire spread, tree growth, TNT cannons, piston machines, crop trampling, paintings and item frames, etc.), and certain interactions can also be allowed (door open, lever usage, etc.)
- Well documented, and one of the oldest Minecraft projects (older than Bukkit!)
- Open source
- Enable only features you want! Everything is off by default. You can just install WorldGuard and configure it later.
How do I install WorldGuard?
- Download WorldEdit (required by WorldGuard) and extract the WorldEdit.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Download WorldGuard and extract the WorldGuard.jar file into your "plugins/" folder.
- Run your server!
Where do I learn how to use WorldGuard?
To learn how to use WorldGuard, there are current two sources of documentation:
Where can I get my questions answered?
If you have a question:
Where can I report bugs or request features?
Visit our issue tracker.
Can I download WorldGuard source code?
Visit our GitHub repository. WorldGuard is licensed under LGPLv3 and you can compile it with Maven.
Check out my Minecraft server!
This version supports Minecraft 1.9 through 1.10, and should be backwards compatible with 1.8 and 1.7.
NEW DOCUMENTATION: There is new documentation.
Changes in 6.1.2
- Added support for new blocks in 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10.
- Added protection from nether portals being created in protected region (enable via config
- Added protection from slime block piston contraptions pushing into or pulling from regions.
chorus-fruit-teleportflag, works similar to
enderpearlto prevent teleportation.
- Added protection from pulling armor stands, items, and entities from protected regions.
- Changed order of greeting and farewell flags on adjacent regions. When leaving a region with a farewell flag and entering one with a greeting flag, the farewell message will be shown first now.
- Changed /heal command to also fill food/saturation meters.
- Changed fall damage prevention to also prevent flying into walls with elytra being fatal.
- Fixed fire-spread flag only preventing destruction, now prevents spreading too as per its name.
- Fixed creepers targeting players being able to blow things up in certain cases.
- Fixed armor stands being removed by /stoplag.
- Fixed some issues with fireballs being able to explode when ghast-fireball was set to deny.
- Fixed a lot of other minor issues.
Changes in 6.1
exit-via-teleportflag (default allow) to control exiting an exit=deny region via teleportation.
- Added a
fall-damageflag to control player damage caused by falling.
- Added a
time-lockflag to lock players' time of day. Valid values are from 0 to 24000 for absolute time, or +- any number for relative time.
- Added a
weather-lockflag to lock players' weather. Valid values are "clear" or "downfall". Unset to restore to normal world weather.
-sto the event debugging commands to show a stack trace rather than attempt to detect the causing plugin.
- Added support for using the
-eargument (sets an empty value for the flag) in the flag set command when the type of flag is of the 'set' type.
- Added NPCs from the Citizens plugin to a whitelist so they are not protected.
- Added support for Spigot's BlockExplodeEvent.
- Changed tripwire to fall under the
- Changed enderchests to fall under the
- Changed vehicles and animals so they are not included in the
- Changed the display of custom blacklist messages to no longer include a period at the end.
- Changed protection logic to consider connected chests.
- Changed the heal and feed flags to increase values for players who are invincible (or in creative mode) but not decrease them.
- Changed PvP protection to consider both attacker and defender locations.
- Fixed missing protection data for some 1.8-added blocks.
- Fixed compatibility issues with MC 1.7.
- Fixed inverted daylight detectors not being protected.
- Fixed spawn eggs not being included in protection.
- Fixed piston blocking not working due to a bug in Spigot.
- Fixed the blocking of certain invalid entity damage events.
- Fixed creeper explosions not being blocked in certain situations with explosion related flags set.
- Fixed "stickiness" with some position-related flags, sometimes resulting in rubber banding in the exit flags.
- Fixed armor stands so that they are treated more like item frames than mobs.
- Fixed blocks (e.g. sugar canes) adjacent to physics blocks (e.g. sand) not updating.
- Fixed a NullPointerException that occurred sometimes when generating the scheduler section of the report function (
- Fixed the "no XP drops" configuration not functioning following a previous release.
- Fixed changes to region ownership sometimes not triggering a region database save.
- Fixed bucket protection displaying the "deny effect" even if bucket use was not prevented.
- Fixed CommandFilter matching emoticons and other unwanted characters.
- Fixed an exception occurring sometimes during game mode changes.
- Fixed primed TNT being checked twice for TNT flags.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|WorldGuard 6.1.2 (for versions up to MC 1.10)||Release||1.10||367,098||Jun 11, 2016|
|WorldGuard 6.1||Release||1.8.1||1,266,208||Jun 8, 2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 5||Beta||1.8.1||210,604||Jan 20, 2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 4||Beta||1.8.1||20,899||Jan 13, 2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 3 (MC 1.7.10 and 1.8)||Beta||1.8.1||82,775||Jan 7, 2015|
|WorldGuard 6.0 Beta 2||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||134,830||Aug 31, 2014|
|WorldGuard 5.9||Release||1.7.4||817,277||Feb 28, 2014|
|WorldGuard 5.9 (JAR only)||Release||1.7.4||140,838||Feb 28, 2014|
|WorldGuard 5.8||Release||1.6.2||541,183||Jul 16, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.8 (JAR only)||Release||1.6.2||41,103||Jul 16, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5||Release||1.5.2||318,603||May 26, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.5 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||39,304||May 26, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4||Release||1.5.2||52,282||May 18, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.4 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.2||18,054||May 18, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3||Release||1.5.0||249,240||Mar 17, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.3 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||24,179||Mar 17, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2||Release||1.5.0||21,824||Mar 15, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.2 (JAR only)||Release||1.5.0||2,647||Mar 15, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1||Release||1.4.7||180,661||Jan 30, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7.1 (JAR only)||Release||1.4.7||11,332||Jan 30, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||86,641||Jan 13, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.7 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||4,566||Jan 13, 2013|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||235,394||Nov 7, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.5 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||8,077||Nov 7, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||13,430||Nov 5, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.3 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,623||Nov 5, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||6,211||Nov 4, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6.2 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,031||Nov 4, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||12,222||Nov 3, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.6 (JAR only)||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||1,201||Nov 3, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.4||Release||CB 1.3.2-R1.0||133,450||Oct 7, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.3||Release||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||291,817||Jul 7, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2 (jar only)||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||446,411||Apr 10, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.2||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||16,682||Apr 10, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5.1||Release||CB 1.1-R4||230,912||Feb 24, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.5||Release||CB 1.1-R3||125,457||Feb 11, 2012|
|WorldGuard 5.4||Release||CB 1.0.1-R1||349,481||Dec 17, 2011|
|WorldGuard 5.3||Release||CB 1185||225,309||Oct 1, 2011|