Multiverse Core Resources:
Latest Awesome Build is 2.4-AB (This is super old, try the beta!)
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff.
Use them at your own risk.
Multiverse was created at the dawn of Bukkit multiworld support. It has since then grown into a complete world management solution including special treatment of your nether worlds with Multiverse NetherPortals
In the second delivery of Multiverse, we've broken it up into several smaller plugins that are each feature packed but not bloated! Multiverse provides the easiest to use world management solution for your Minecraft server, big or small, and with great addons like Portals and NetherPortals, what's not to love!
Multiverse is back, and works for the latest server build! Is your server, a Multiverse?
MV2 Core Features
- Create multiple worlds of different types, seeds and with Custom Generators
- Keep your skylands using a custom generator (MV 2.2+)
- Set the mode per world (creative or survival)
- Create Multiverse Portals to let users go between other portals, worlds, or locations
- Restrict users from going to specific worlds by using permissions
- SuperPerms API Permissions support
- Economy Support!
- Show which users are in what worlds with /mv who
- Color your worlds when the appear in chat!
- Custom world Aliases. (leave your folder names alone! use an Alias!)
- Restrict Animal/Monster Spawning. Per animal/monster! (Why hello creeper world!)
- World scaling with NetherPortals
- Conserve memory by having some worlds NOT keep their spawn chunks loaded!
- Fantastic in-game help just use /mvh SEARCH
- Support for worlds with spaces!
- Purge all those unwanted animals/monsters from your world!
- Perform all per-world modifications with in-game commands! Stop getting those YAML errors!
- Teleport yourself and others to any Multiverse Destination
To see what information this plugin may collect and send out from your server click here
What is an Awesome Build?
You can think of this like Bukkit's RB system, but we don't want to create confusion, so instead of calling ours a Recommended Build also, we're going with "Awesome Build" or AB. Awesome Builds are ones that we've put some more testing into, and should be very stable. Unfortunately, due to lack of developers able to work on the Multiverse suite, and the inability to achieve the normal Awesome Build quality level, we have discontinued our Awesome Builds until further notice. Our beta builds available on this site are fairly stable so don't disregard them!
Looking for plugins per world? Solution
Is Multiverse Missing that little something that you need?
Ask us! Or better yet, hop on our IRC (#multiverse) and tell us that you'd like to fork us and add a feature! You can of course do this without consulting us, but we cannot accept pull requests that will break Multiverse for the rest of our users! Don't go write your own World Management plugin, join the team and submit a pull request
Want your plugin to use the Multiverse API
Changes in Core 2.4-AB
- Fix: Player count missing in who command.
- Fix: Info command showing current world when invalid world used.
- Fix: Check command now much better.
- Change: Spawner eggs now override spawn settings.
- Logging improvements.
- Other various bug fixes: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=8
Changes in Core 2.3-AB
- Fix: Bypass mode being checked improperly
- Fix: Accessing multiple pages in anchors
- Fix: Properties not saving to the config when used ingame
- Add: The ability to create worlds with a FLAT world type - only normal worlds (bukkit issue)
- Add: The ability to create worlds with GENERATE-STRUCTURES false - only normal worlds (bukkit issue).
- Add: Lots of refactoring. It's good stuff.
Lots More! Here's all the issues we closed: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=6
Changes in Core 2.2-AB
- Fix: Mode being reset when changing any property
- Fix: Imports appear as success when they failed
- Fix: Conflict with spout. Workaround is in place.
- Add: The ability to exempt players from gamemode changes. Use mv.bypass.gamemode.NAME. This is OFF by default
- Add: Lots of refactoring. It's good stuff.
Lots More! Here's all the issues we closed: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/issues?direction=desc&milestone=1&page=1&sort=created&state=closed
Changes in Core 2.1-b279 NOTE: This is the first MAJOR release since MV2.0. We highly recommend updating to this!
- Fix: On Server restart Pitch/Yaw are not loaded
- Fix: mv delete on Windows servers
- Fix: mv Reload resets pvp, difficulty and gamemode
- Fix: squids can now be blocked
- Fix: Bed destinations not saving properly
- Fix: World permissions not being detected right after a world is created (if a user had multiverse.access.*)
- Fix: Cannon applies velocity even if teleport is cancled
- Fix: Vehicles now get the cannon's velocity.
- Fix: Use display names for /mvwho
- Add: You can now configure ALL of MV without editing config files. Use /mv config ? for more info.
- Add: enforceaccess. This handy config var is true by default and when turned off will NOT check any world perms. Use this if you want all your users to be able to go everywhere.
- Remove: opfallback. This variable was very confusing. It has been replaced with enforceaccess
- Remove: Legacy Permissions support. MV2 now only supports super perms capable perms plugins (PermBukkit, PEX, bPerms, GroupManager).
Changes in Core 2.0-b279
- Fix: Difficulty is actually saved to the config file.
Changes in Core 2.0-b277
- Feature: Added support for per world difficulty setting.
- Fix: Moved the World GameMode check over to onPlayerChangeWorldEvent, this should prevent your game mode being forced when using /spawn within the spawn world and other edge cases such as teleporting to players within your world.
Changes in Core 2.0-b275
- Fix: Hunger not working
- Fix: SignPortals not working
Changes in Core 2.0-b271
- Fix Bug in new Teleport permissions
- Add Bed Destination
- Add Enable/disable Hunger
- Other bugfixes
Changes in Core 2.0-b265
- CHANGED Teleport Permissions!!!!! See here: https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/FAQ#wiki-tp-perms
- Fix Velocity Persisting when teleport was cancelled.
- Fix Move Gamemode to Page one of mv info (/mvi)
- Fix Nether worlds, when imported, start with the vanilla scale (8.0)
- Added a Permissions ONLY page to the Wiki - https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Big-List-O-Permissions
Changes in Core 2.0-b256
- Add support for new GameModes!
- Now use mvm set mode creative/survival
Changes in Core 2.0-b252
- Fixed an 'Array Index out of Bounds' error.
Changes in Core 2.0-b248
- Add a custom event MVTeleportEvent.
- Add /mv gens to show you all of your world generators (note: may not work with all WGENS)
- Add /mv debug [0/1/2/3] for different levels of debugging
- Fix /mv who [WORLD] showing "There are players in <Java Class>".
- Fix World destinations now support Pitch/Yaw
- Exact destinations no longer use the Safe Teleporter. If you set one over a lava pit, you will die.
- Fix the Safe Teleporter's interaction with water.
- Fix the Safe Teleporter spawning you on top or on the side of a valid portal.
- Fix use "DisplayName" in /mvwho
Changes in Core 2.0-b228
- Made World Access by default OP. However, opfallback is still set to true by default
Changes in Core 2.0-b227
- Add iCo 6 Support
- Add MultiCurrency Support
- Fix AllPay bugs when no econ was found
- Allow /mvtp cannon-X
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|2.5-b717||Beta||1.9||148,853||Mar 9, 2016|
|2.5-b699 (beta)||Beta||1.8.1||241,116||Sep 22, 2015|
|2.5-b691 (beta)||Beta||CB 1.7.9-R0.2||348,900||Jul 30, 2014|
|2.5-b678 (beta)||Beta||CB 1.7.2-R0.2||349,449||Feb 5, 2014|
|2.5-b641 (beta)||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R0.2||337,610||Nov 27, 2012|
|2.4-AB||Release||CB 1.4.5-R0.2||1,693,106||Apr 18, 2012|
|2.3-AB||Release||CB 1.1-R4||187,350||Feb 5, 2012|
|2.2-AB||Release||CB 1.1-R2||76,446||Jan 13, 2012|
|2.1-b326||Release||CB 1337||88,807||Oct 18, 2011|
|2.0-b279||Release||CB 1317||11,286||Oct 3, 2011|
|2.0-b277||Release||CB 1240||1,791||Oct 3, 2011|
|2.0-b275||Release||CB 1185||5,086||Sep 28, 2011|
|2.0-b271||Release||CB 1185||3,074||Sep 25, 2011|
|2.0-b265||Beta||CB 1185||4,072||Sep 18, 2011|
|2.0-b256||Beta||CB 1060||2,154||Sep 14, 2011|
|2.0-b252||Release||CB 1060||4,589||Sep 5, 2011|
|2.0-b249||Release||CB 1060||1,763||Sep 1, 2011|
|2.0-b228||Release||CB 1060||1,360||Aug 24, 2011|
|2.0-b227||Release||CB 1060||677||Aug 17, 2011|
|2.0-b218||Release||CB 1060||2,492||Aug 17, 2011|