Aye, yer scurvy swab! Ye can yell a random pirate exhortation and/or enjoy pirate flavoured tooltips for pirate NPCs, spells, and items.
Yells be perfect for carousin' with yer scallywag pirate buddies, especially during Pirate's Day.
And Tooltips? Aye! There be plenty o' pirates throughout Azeroth 'n' plenty o' their booty to be sure. Most can be found south o' Booty Bay 'n' along the Southbreak Shore and Lost Rigger Cove in Tanaris. There be other places where pirates be found, such as Faldir's Cove.
So get out 'n' find 'em or are ye a lily-livered poop deck swab!
(Not incessantly mind you. The same item, spell, and NPC will not be flavoured again for 15 minutes)
How to Use
Instal: Like any other AddOn. Set up: Works 'as is'. For configuration enter '/yarrr' in chat.
/yarrr to see a menu of possible commands.
/yarrr 1 same as "r" above except that the exhortation occurs in General Chat.
/yarrr d n where "n" is a number >= 15 and is the delay in seconds before a tooltip will be regenerated for an NPC/item/spell/faction. Default is 900, i.e. 15 minutes. This avoids constant tooltip spamming which can get annoying. A delay is also required as a technical work around for a WoW UI limitation.
Ahoy Me Matey's!
Yarrr is rated ESRB "Teen", as is WoW overall. Mild suggestive themes. No swearing. Alcohol.
Some yells refer back to game lore and some hint at finding companions and hunter pets. Mostly, it is all about carousing and pillaging!
If You Like Yarrr
Nobody can resist an adorable Raptor Hatchling pet or the magnificent Netherwing Drake and Long-Forgotten Hippogryph mounts. You'll of course need Dark Soil for The Tillers friendships and a Loose Pebble for your Dog! While fishing you'll wonder if This Scampi Happening? Oh, but it is! Why not Let Minnow about your fishing poles and you surely Cod Do Batter with your fishing achievements. While adventuring, map your way with X and Y coordinates and always go the Hard Yards measuring distance. Have some fun with Yarrr for pirate Tooltips or turn geek with Fibonacci. See all the hidden game asset IDs with Tip or Enumerate your frames. Achievement critters and NPCs receive some Rare Love and keep track of Sunrise & Sunset.
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies and beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend". 😊
== v1.09 - 3rd September 2017
* TOC version bump for Patch 7.3 Shadows of Argus
* PlaySoundKitID removed as of Patch 7.3.0. Replaced by PlaySound
== v1.08 - 26th August 2017
* Able to alter tooltip delay and retain between sessions
* Able to send a pirate message to General Chat
== v1.07 - 9th July 2017
* Added: Second Mate Cilieth, Master Gunner Prix, Blacksail Salvor, Powdermaster Maclin, The Muscle <Blacksail Crew>, Quartermaster Zolix, First Mate Oxswain <Blacksail Crew>, Dread Harpooner, Dread Sharpshooter, Blacksail Gunner, Blacksail Salvage "Expert", Blacksail Keelhauler
== v1.06 - 18th May 2017
* More puns and expressions!!!
* Yaaarrrr spell addded!
* Bloodsail Buccaneers faction now supported on the Reputation tab of the Character frame
* Item Upgrade hook
* Hook for Tip_FloatingBattlePetShow in XML file
* Added various crew of The Maiden's Fancy
* Bill Buckler (Master Pet Tamer in the east coast near Booty Bay - wears Pirate garb) + his two "parrots"
* 2 x Bloodsail Corasirs and Scowling Rosa added (Booty Bay)
* Yancey Grillsen added - Bloodsail recruiter
* Short John Mithril added (Gurubashi arena)
* Captain Grayson (Westfall Lighthouse)
== v1.05 - 12th May 2017
* More puns
* Lots more expressions
* "Macro Commands" in the command menu, whilst technically correct, has been renamed to the more sensible "Commands"
* Various hook adjustments to keep in sync with the extensively tested Tip AddOn upon which this is a subset
* A print() changed to a printPC()
== v1.04 - 16th April 2017
* More puns
* Expressions added
* Macro commands for expressions added
== v1.03 - 29th March 2017
* Lots of Scalawag Point NPCs added
* Andre Firebeard (Southbreak Shore, Tanaris), Fronkle the Disturbed
* Patch 7.2 Update
== v1.02 - 18th March 2017
* Added Blockade Pirate
== v1.01 - 25th October 2016
* Version update to support Patch 7.1 "Return to Karahzan"
* Added Ooka Dooker
== v1.00 - 17th September 2016
* Initial release