A DPS maximiser module for the We Don't Wipe AddOn.
Other Available Modules
- Windwalker Monks Updated for Legion!
- Frost Deathknights 2H
- Frost Deathknights DW
- Fire Mages Updated for Legion!
- Frost Mages
- Enhancement Shaman
- Elemental Shaman
With more to come!
Arcane Mages have three 'Phases', executed in a cycle: Burn -> Replenish -> Conserve mana.
Some parts of the Burn and Conserve Phase are shared as "Common", below.
- Arcane or Dalaran Brilliance
- Rune of Power New!
- Arcane Power
- Prismatic Crystal
- Common (below)
- Arcane Blast spam
- Arcane Missiles if AM will expire before Evo completed
- Rune of Power New!
- 1 or 2 Supernova if mana < 94% and < 3xAM and sure to have 2xSN for AP
- Arcane Blast if mana > 93%
- Arcane Missiles if 4xAC and AM>0
- Arcane Barrage if 4xAC
- Arcane Blast filler
- Nether Tempest if 4xAC and buff expires < 3.6s
- Arcane Orb if AC < 2
- Presence of Mind (to buy milliseconds for Orb to hit)
- Mirror Images
- Arcane Missiles if 3xAM or expiring
General Rotation Notes
The module does not assume you have chosen a "cookie cutter" talent build. No AddOn can function as a DPS maximiser for AoE fights, due to limitations in the programming API. Single target is assumed.
The default list of cool downs is merely a sample. Customise via the Cooldowns Panel, /wdw coo. You also go to here to list any rotation/queue exclusions.
Notes Specific to the Arcane Mage Module
BURN commences when the Evo cooldown is below a threshold. The aim is to be down to 50% mana at exactly the time that Evo comes of CD.
Yup, impossible to predict so the module "learns" as it goes, starting at a low 15s. REPLENISH commences at 50% mana. Evo will be in queue position #1. Do it! CONSERVE occurs when Evo is on CD.
* Brilliance Buff *
Dalaran Brilliance / Arcane Brilliance will be suggested if your DB, AB, Legacy of the White Tiger or Dark Intent are about to expire or not present. Other raid buffs might be preferred. Just place your DB and AB in the "Exclude" list via the Cooldowns Panel, /wdw coo.
Modifiable Parameters New!
From the chat line, the following modifiable parameters can be adjusted by you. The values are saved between sessions.
/wdw amp burntimer=nn
'nn' is the time in seconds before Evocate comes off cooldown and is the ideal time to commence your burn phase. The default is 15 (seconds).
/wdw amp minmana=nn
'nn' is the ratio of current mana to maximum mana for which Evocate should be triggered. The default is 0.5 (i.e. 50%). Setting this too low will result in a never ending burn phase. Most players settle for 0.4 to 0.6.
/wdw amp train=x
Your Arcane Mage module can automatically learn the amount of time it takes for you to burn your mana down from 100% to 50%. Setting train=y will cause your 'burntimer' parameter to be adjusted automatically. A value of 'n' turns the training off.
New! The timer will be aggressively adjusted if your most recent burn phase ended too soon, and more so if this was before your Evocation was off CD. Conversely, the timer will be increasingly conservatively adjusted the more you exceeded the current time estimate.
Shows the syntax. '/wdw amp list' will list all modifiable parameters and their current values.
How to Report Bugs & Suggest Improvements
Go to Tickets to report bugs. Line numbers from bug catching AddOns are useful. Lists of AddOns are of no use. The forum on this page is for suggestions and discussion.
Updates & Favourites
Why not make We Don't Wipe a Favourite and/or use the Curse Installer?
Fun Stuff™ New!
At any time you may raise your arms high and command Storm, Earth and Fire. You indeed have the power of Go'el in your hands! Heed My Call™ with '/wdw sef' or '/wdw poth' in chat. Or say hello to yourself with '/wdw sal'. Enjoy!
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies & beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate to lend your support! because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
Included in the Icy Veins Arcane Mage Guide!
Special thanks to Damien, curator of the Icy Veins Arcane Mage Guide, for including this module on the DPS Macros and Addons page.
- Module MUST use v4.11 of main module due to show stopping bug fix for Mages with Incanter's Flow
- Dalaran / Arcane Brilliance rebuff logic works better with Legacy of the White Tiger, Dark Intent, etc
- Typo in the /wdw amp list
- Correct Rune of Power expiry logic was present but being being bypassed
- Prismatic Crystal charge-based placement needed a CD check
- TOC file update for Patch 6.2
- Added Rune of Power
- Better feedback with the "bt" option for those inclined.
- INCREASES to the burn timer are throttled exponentially now: old + diff^0.5
- DECREASES to the burn timer still a factor of 1/2 but an additional 1/4 if missed the Evo CD (which will be true almost always)
- Now checks for minimum WDW version as a help to keep things up to date
- Change 'sm' references to 'amp'
- Added special 'low mana' queue items for use during the Conserve phase
- Remove the Evocate icon from position #1 when mana is nearly full
- Included the new low mana logic in the 'bt' flag debug output
- Update TOC file for Patch 6.1
- Stand alone AddOn (requiring We Don't Wipe v4.00) but hopefully Wowinterface & Curse compatible
- Module confused between minMana parameter as a ratio or percentage.
(Thanks to wowinterface member Baine for noticing this)
- Retain duplicate AM tests BUT safeguard against FOUR AMs appearing in the queue
- Removed a small block of redundant code in the Evo routine (benign)
- Trained burnTimer was not saving between sessions. Doh!
- Redo Supernova logic for throttling SN while AP is on CD. Leaner + more precise
- Safety check to throttle Arcane Barrage for when player selects a burnTimer < 8s (Weird)
(Net effect of above is fewer superfluous SN icons, seemingly more Barrage)
- Totally redone (again). Massively changed
- Warlords of Draenor updates - totally redone
- Version number update for Patch 6.0.3
- Removed old 'party' rotation due to errors
- Fixed programming error in the 'Levelling' rotation
- Added a conventional 'Single' target rotation
- Added an 'Alternative' single target rotation (inferior)
- Added Mana Gem code to all rotations. Should never really be needed
- Version number update for Patch 5.4