Total RP 3 is the brand new role-play add-on from the creators of Total RP 1 and 2!
“I recently switched over to Total RP 3 and it is so much better! […] Total RP 3 is probably the best [roleplay add-on] that I found.”
— Anne Stickney @Shadesofgrey, in Blizzard Watch — Episode 95
Senior Editor and Lore Columnist for the Blizzard Watch website
- Avoid losing all your profiles: sync up your saved data to an online storage. Here’s a guide!
- Don't know how to install an add-on? Check our installation guide!
- Join us on
Total RP 3 aims to be the best way to customize and describe your role-play interactions, by bringing together the powerful customization features from Total RP 2, new features asked by our users and a much better user interface, designed with usability in mind. With this add-on you can fully customize all the information about your characters and companion (pets, battle pets, mounts), like the name, the description or even attach an image to represent them.
Our goal is to bring back the simplicity and user-friendliness of add-ons like FlagRSP and MyRoleplay but without sacrificing your freedom when defining your roleplay characters and adding neat features that you'll never want to live without anymore.
Total RP 3 implements the Mary Sue Protocol, which is also used by roleplay addons like MyRoleplay, XRP or even Total RP 2. That means Total RP 3 can understand and exchange data with all these add-ons.
Also Total RP 3 is a fully modular add-on. So even if it will greatly expand in the future, you can choose exactly which features you want to use and won't be bothered by a complex user interface if you don't want to. This is the main module which will be required to run any future expansion.
- You can customize your characters and companions (battle pets, pets and mounts) with a powerful profile system and quickly switch between profiles.
- Keep track of all characters and companions you met with the directory, a repository of profiles you have encountered.
- Locate other Total RP 3 users on the world map to see where people tend to gather. You can decide to appear on the map or not, or even appear only if you are in character.
- A customizable target frame, allowing you to easily reach useful actions about your roleplay target (see their profile, play their theme song).
- Chat customizations, likes OOC and emote detection and full role-play names using custom colors in the chat…
- NPC speeches to make a NPC say or do something during an event.
- Full Mary Sue Protocol implementation : Total RP 3 can communicate with MyRolePlay, XRP, Total RP 2 and other MSP add-ons so you can view other players information even if they are using another roleplaying add-on. (Details on the MSP implementation)
- A customizable toolbar with useful actions like switching from switching from one profile to another, switching from IC to OOC, from AFK to DND, switching languages…
- Import your existing profiles from Total RP 2, MyRolePlay, XRP, flagRSP2 and flagRSP(MoP). (Tutorial)
- Mature profile filtering to be warned before opening profiles that may contain mature content.
- Here's a video made by Tarcanus Frostbourne, host of the LFRP Podcast, showing Total RP 3's main features.
- You are a new role-player? Check out this great beginners guide to WoW Roleplaying by Bruce Forte!
- Here's a video from Inquisitor Aura about the latest new features in Total RP 3 for Legion!
Total RP 3 modules spotlight
Total RP 3: Extended, by Kajisensei & Ellypse
This awesome module brings the new creation system. Create items, readable documents, campaigns with quests, customized NPCs and dialogs, loots. Use the inventory system to show items you are wearing and inspect other players' inventory. Create stashes that other players will be able to inspect. Trade items with other players safely thanks to our security level system that allows you to define authorizations per item and be sure you won't suddenly shout weird stuff because of a cursed item!
Total RP 3: KuiNameplates module, by Ellypse
This module adds several customizations to KuiNameplates like displaying colored full RP names in the nameplates of players, customize pet names and even hide nameplates of non-RP players!
Total RP 3: TipTac module, by Ellypse
This module will add compatibility with TipTac to Total RP 3 so the Total RP 3 tooltips are using your TipTac skin and are anchored the way you set them in TipTac.
TRP3 Currently Frame, by tammymg
Adds a standalone frame to your UI that displays your "Currently" text and allows you to edit it easily.
Change-log for version 1.2.5 of Total RP 3
Chat customization revamp
We have completely changed our chat customizations to increase compatibility with other add-ons like Prat, WIM, or even Tongues!
We have also built custom modules for both Prat and WIM to have the full RP names correctly displayed when using these add-ons.
Additionally, this new system fixes a long standing issue where whispers were displayed in every chat tab when the option to have incoming whispers routed to their own tab was enabled.
A big special thank you to Saelora from Argent Dawn (EU) for helping us making this system <3
- We have implemented a custom bug fix for an issue in Blizzard's own code that is making any opened dropdown menu close themselves randomly when the map is opened, so it is easier for you to use Total RP 3's scanning features (Reminder: now located inside the filter menu in the top right corner of the map).
- The extensionxtooltip2 channel should now be joined a little bit later so it is assigned the number 1 channel less often.
- Skinning add-ons that modify the tooltips font should now work with Total RP 3's tooltips.
- Added link to our Discord server in the About tab of the Dashboard.
- Implemented a workaround against the PetTracker add-on as it is removing other add-ons options in the world map filters dropdown menu. The default dropdown menu is restored by Total RP 3 and PetTracker's options are properly added to the menu after Total RP 3's. (ticket #45)
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.6 beta 1||Beta||7.1.5||668||Feb 7, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5||Release||7.1.5||28,925||Jan 23, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 4||Beta||7.1.5||670||Jan 16, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 3||Beta||7.1.0||623||Jan 10, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 2||Beta||7.1.0||469||Jan 5, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 1||Beta||7.1.0||429||Dec 31, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.4||Release||7.1.0||42,324||Nov 20, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.3||Release||7.1.0||30,277||Oct 29, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.2||Release||7.0.3||24,496||Oct 24, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 126.96.36.199||Release||7.0.3||15,595||Oct 18, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.1||Release||7.0.3||4,412||Oct 17, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.0||Release||7.0.3||31,227||Sep 22, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.4||Release||7.0.3||55,191||Jul 26, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 188.8.131.52||Release||7.0.3||30,389||Jul 19, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.2||Release||6.2.4||14,970||Jul 14, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.1||Release||6.2.4||18,658||Jul 7, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.0||Release||6.2.4||7,340||Jul 6, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.3||Release||6.2.4||39,269||Apr 28, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.2||Release||6.2.0||73,685||Jun 24, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.1 bis||Release||6.1.0||12,100||Jun 3, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0||Release||6.1.0||12,738||May 2, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.7||Beta||6.0.3||21,596||Jan 11, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.6||Beta||6.0.3||7,202||Dec 15, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.5||Beta||6.0.3||6,559||Nov 22, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.4||Beta||6.0.3||5,786||Oct 27, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.3||Beta||6.0.2||5,268||Oct 14, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.2||Beta||5.4.8||2,253||Sep 30, 2014|