Total RP 3 is the brand new role-play add-on
from the creators of Total RP 1 and 2!
“I recently switched over to Total RP 3 and it is so much better! […] Total RP 3 is probably the best [roleplay add-on] that I found.”
— Anne Stickney @Shadesogrey, in Blizzard Watch — Episode 95
Sr. Managing Editor and Lore Columnist for the Blizzard Watch website
- Avoid losing all your profiles: sync up your saved data to an online storage. Here’s a guide!
- Don't know how to install an add-on? Check our installation guide!
- Check out Myth's excellent TRP3 guide for an in depth tour of the add-on's features. Big thanks to him!
- Join us on
Total RP 3 aims to be the best way to customize and describe your role-play interactions, by bringing together the powerful customization features from Total RP 2, new features asked by our users and a much better user interface, designed with usability in mind. With this add-on, you can fully customize all the information about your characters and companion (pets, battle pets, mounts), like the name, the description or even attach an image to represent them.
Our goal is to bring back the simplicity and user-friendliness of add-ons like FlagRSP and MyRoleplay but without sacrificing your freedom when defining your roleplay characters and adding neat features that you'll never want to live without anymore.
Total RP 3 implements the Mary Sue Protocol, which is also used by roleplay addons like MyRoleplay, XRP or even Total RP 2. That means Total RP 3 can understand and exchange data with all these add-ons.
Also, Total RP 3 is a fully modular add-on. So even if it will greatly expand in the future, you can choose exactly which features you want to use and won't be bothered by a complex user interface if you don't want to. This is the main module which will be required to run any future expansion.
- You can customize your characters and companions (battle pets, pets, and mounts) with a powerful profile system and quickly switch between profiles.
- Keep track of all characters and companions you met with the directory, a repository of profiles you have encountered.
- Locate other Total RP 3 users on the world map to see where people tend to gather. You can decide to appear on the map or not, or even appear only if you are in character.
- A customizable target frame, allowing you to easily reach useful actions about your roleplay target (see their profile, play their theme song).
- Chat customizations like OOC and emote detection and full role-play names using custom colors in the chat…
- NPC speeches to make an NPC say or do something during an event.
- Full Mary Sue Protocol implementation: Total RP 3 can communicate with MyRolePlay, XRP, Total RP 2 and other MSP add-ons so you can view other players information even if they are using another roleplaying add-on. (Details on the MSP implementation)
- A customizable toolbar with useful actions like switching from switching from one profile to another, switching from IC to OOC, from AFK to DND, switching languages…
- Import your existing profiles from Total RP 2, MyRolePlay, XRP, flagRSP2 and flagRSP(MoP). (Tutorial)
- Mature profile filtering to be warned before opening profiles that may contain mature content.
- Here's a video made by Tarcanus Frostbourne, host of the LFRP Podcast, showing Total RP 3's main features.
- Are you a new role-player? Check out this great beginners guide to WoW Roleplaying by Bruce Forte!
- Here's a video from Inquisitor Aura about the latest new features in Total RP 3 for Legion!
Total RP 3 modules spotlight
Total RP 3: Extended, by Kajisensei & Ellypse
This awesome module brings the new creation system. Create items, readable documents, campaigns with quests, customized NPCs and dialogs, loots. Use the inventory system to show items you are wearing and inspect other players' inventory. Create stashes that other players will be able to inspect. Trade items with other players safely thanks to our security level system that allows you to define authorizations per item and be sure you won't suddenly shout weird stuff because of a cursed item!
Total RP 3: KuiNameplates module, by Ellypse
This module adds several customizations to KuiNameplates like displaying colored full RP names in the nameplates of players, customize pet names and even hide nameplates of non-RP players!
TRP3 Currently Frame, by tammymg
Adds a standalone frame to your UI that displays your "Currently" text and allows you to edit it easily.
- The option to crop unreasonably long texts in the tooltip has been moved from the profile sanitization to the tooltip options. The text is no longer cropped when a profile is received but when the text is being displayed. The option is still enabled by default and can be disabled in the settings. If you still see cropped text after disabling the option it means the profile was cropped with the previous system. Delete the profile from the directory to download it again.
- Emotes starting with a comma
,are now handled like emotes starting with a
's, removing the space inserted by the game after the player's name. — Ticket #100
Previous change-log, for version 1.2.8
- Added option to show custom player icons in names in the chat — Ticket #91
Added patch 7.2 resources
- Added 996 new icons from patch 7.2 (for a total of 17,671 icons available.)
- Added 19 new images from patch 7.2 to insert in your profiles (for a total of 449 images available).
- Added 124 new musics from patches 7.1 and 7.2 (for a total of 2,868 musics available. Note that the previous music list contained many duplicates that have been cleaned up).
- Fixed an error with the keyboard bindings. — Ticket #89
- Fixed an error in the Prat module with non-customized names. — Ticket #95
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|220.127.116.11||Release||7.2.0||30,599||May 26, 2017|
|18.104.22.168-beta1||Beta||7.2.0||430||May 11, 2017|
|1.2.8||Release||7.2.0||35,612||Apr 18, 2017|
|1.2.8-beta1||Beta||7.2.0||622||Apr 7, 2017|
|1.2.7||Release||7.1.5||34,292||Mar 28, 2017|
|1.2.7-beta2||Beta||7.1.5||129||Mar 27, 2017|
|1.2.7-beta1||Beta||7.1.5||395||Mar 20, 2017|
|1.2.6||Release||7.1.5||25,208||Mar 6, 2017|
|1.2.6-beta2||Beta||7.1.5||437||Mar 1, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.6 beta 1||Beta||7.1.5||902||Feb 7, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5||Release||7.1.5||34,851||Jan 23, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 4||Beta||7.1.5||683||Jan 16, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 3||Beta||7.1.0||663||Jan 10, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 2||Beta||7.1.0||487||Jan 5, 2017|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.5 beta 1||Beta||7.1.0||440||Dec 31, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.4||Release||7.1.0||42,525||Nov 20, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.3||Release||7.1.0||30,327||Oct 29, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.2||Release||7.0.3||24,552||Oct 24, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 22.214.171.124||Release||7.0.3||15,602||Oct 18, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.1||Release||7.0.3||4,424||Oct 17, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.2.0||Release||7.0.3||31,265||Sep 22, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.4||Release||7.0.3||55,233||Jul 26, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 126.96.36.199||Release||7.0.3||30,418||Jul 19, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.2||Release||6.2.4||15,003||Jul 14, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.1||Release||6.2.4||18,667||Jul 7, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.1.0||Release||6.2.4||7,354||Jul 6, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.3||Release||6.2.4||39,301||Apr 28, 2016|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.2||Release||6.2.0||73,752||Jun 24, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0.1 bis||Release||6.1.0||12,110||Jun 3, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 1.0||Release||6.1.0||12,752||May 2, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.7||Beta||6.0.3||21,650||Jan 11, 2015|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.6||Beta||6.0.3||7,205||Dec 15, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.5||Beta||6.0.3||6,569||Nov 22, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.4||Beta||6.0.3||5,795||Oct 27, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.3||Beta||6.0.2||5,282||Oct 14, 2014|
|Total RP 3 : 0.2.2||Beta||5.4.8||2,313||Sep 30, 2014|