(Please check the known issues at the bottom of the description before reporting a bug or requesting a feature :) )
Tired of the ugly original quest frame ?
This addon aims to enhance the readability and immersion when questing in World of Warcraft. It adds a brand new quest frame, with animated models and fancy effects.
If you like to read all quests and are a fan of the World of Warcraft lore, this addon is for you !
What is it, exactly?
Storyline provides a new quest frame, that panel appearing when you get a quest from a NPC. World of Warcraft UI improved over the years but one thing Blizzard never touched is this hideous Quest frame. We wanted to have a quest frame inspired by the garrison frames dynamism.
Storyline frame adds 3D animated models for you and your quest giver. Also it "cuts" the dialogue into multiple parts, playing one after another in an old-school RPG style. Finally it adds more effects and visuals to express objectives and rewards.
Known issues & already received suggestions
- Lighter mode with just the text. We are looking into introducing a lighter mode without the 3D models. Stay tuned.
- Fullscreen mode. We will ad fullscreen mode with a specific layout in a future update.
- Even with the option to hide the original quest frame enabled, the frame is sometimes visible. It is actually quite hard to hide that frame as we need it to be open to trigger actions. For now we are moving it away, but its position can get reset by other frames. We are working on improving this workflow.
- Scaling issues The game has no way to display to model with the appropriate scale. We need to scale each model against each other. This operation takes time and we will improve on this over time. In the meantime, you can manually resize incorrect models by scrolling on the model while maintaining the ALT key down.
- You can't see the quest rewards before accepting the quest. We will update the add-on to show quest rewards before accepting the quest.
- There is no confirmation dialog when clicking on a reward. We will add a confirmation dialog (with a checkbox to disable it in the future) when accepting rewards so you don't click on a reward by mistake.
- The yellow highlight of the text in the middle of the frame is not scaled when the text is on multiple lines. We will fix this.
- Improve workflow when a quest giver has several quests available and he also has a huge introduction text (several paragraph). Currently, we have to go through the entire introduction paragraph after accepting each quest to select the next one.
- Disable Storyline for daily quests. We want to add a blacklist system where you would be able to mark a NPC so Storyline doesn't show up. Also, we want to add an option to only show Storyline once for daily quests, so that you can still read them comfortably the first time. We will implement these features over time.
- They are issues with quest that are automatically added to the quest log or automatically turned in by the game, like the ones to learn to ride mounts or the post patch ones. Those a really hard to address but we are looking into it. Just close Storyline and open the quest from the quest tracker.
- Voice acting. We know a lot of people would like voice acting, but that would require a HUGE amount of work and money. We are currently focusing on other important bug fixes and improvements for the add-on. We are however interested in the matter and we are looking for options to implement voice acting capabilities into Storyline in the more efficient way.
Change-log version 1.4.1
- Fixed an issue with the order hall upgrades NPCs when the flavor NPC text option is enabled.
- Fixed a Lua error with the custom scaling.
- The window can now be dismissed using escape even when not using the default game layout.
Change-log version 1.4
Custom scaling system
We have restored the custom scaling system. We had to take it out after the modifications brought by Legion. Storyline will now remember the height you have defined for a model.
Additionally, the vertical and horizontal offset of a model is now saved per model, and not for a model against another model, so models that are not correctly centered only need to be fixed once.
Reminder: You can manually change the height and the position of a model. To change the height of a model maintain the ALT key down and scroll on a model, to change its horizontal offset maintain the ALT key down and left click or right click on a model, and to change the vertical offset maintain the CONTROL key down and left click or right click. If you additionally maintain the SHIFT key down for any of those actions, the value will be incremented by 10 instead of 1 so it's faster.
- Fixed a bug when using the next action shortcut when a NPC has at least one active quest and one quest available.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Storyline window appear briefly for some NPCs.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing in game events from being triggered for auto-accepted quests.
- Fixed an issue preventing the frame from being locked properly.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization
- Added sounds when the Storyline frame is opened and closed.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Storyline 1.4.1||Release||7.0.3||59,512||Sep 7, 2016|
|Storyline 1.4||Release||7.0.3||34,878||Aug 31, 2016|
|Storyline 1.4 beta 1||Beta||7.0.3||667||Aug 28, 2016|
|Storyline 1.3.1||Release||7.0.3||59,563||Jul 21, 2016|
|Storyline 1.3||Release||7.0.3||22,143||Jul 19, 2016|
|Storyline 1.2.1||Release||6.2.2||91,423||Oct 27, 2015|
|Storyline 1.2||Release||6.2.2||3,278||Oct 26, 2015|
|Storyline 1.2 beta 3||Beta||6.2.2||674||Oct 12, 2015|
|Storyline 1.2 beta 2||Beta||6.2.2||434||Oct 8, 2015|
|Storyline 1.2 beta 1||Beta||6.2.2||317||Oct 6, 2015|
|Storyline 1.1.1||Release||6.2.2||18,089||Sep 30, 2015|
|Storyline 1.1||Release||6.2.2||29,984||Aug 29, 2015|
|Storyline 1.1 beta 2||Beta||6.2.0||439||Aug 27, 2015|
|Storyline 1.1 beta 1||Beta||6.2.0||491||Aug 23, 2015|
|Storyline 1.0||Release||6.2.0||16,996||Jul 28, 2015|
|Storyline beta build 2||Beta||6.2.0||1,342||Jun 24, 2015|
|Storyline beta build 1||Beta||6.1.0||805||Jun 3, 2015|