SilverDragon tracks rares. It will try everything possible to notice them and tell you about them.
How does it search?
Those little skull icons you see on the minimap. If one of them is a rare SilverDragon knows about, it'll yell at you.
If you mouse over or target a rare mob, SilverDragon will notice it.
If you have enemy nameplates turned on, SilverDragon will keep an eye on them to look for the names of known rares.
SilverDragon can also create a macro to target any rares that are known in the current zone. You can stick this on your actionbars as a button to spam while chasing after a rare, or bind it to a key. This is sort of a last resort.
How will I know when a rare is seen?
When a rare appears, SilverDragon will pop up a frame that you can click on to target it.
Warning: If you're in combat, secure action restrictions mean that it won't show up until combat finishes.
You can choose from assorted sounds to play when a rare is seen. The sound can loop for a while, to make sure you don't miss it.
There's special settings for rares that drop mounts and world boss rares which you might want to call up a group for. If you're sitting mostly-AFK on a Time-Lost Proto Drake spawn, you probably want the sound that plays to be utterly ridiculous and go on for a good long while, to make sure you don't miss that sucker.
A notice can be sent to a number of places:
- your scrolling combat text
- your chat frame
- a channel in your chat frame (announcing it to your party, for instance)
- a popup window
Other useful things?
In SilverDragon's options you'll find a "Mobs" section. In the "Always" section, you can add any mob you want to be scanned for. All you need to know is the mob id.
So, let's say you wanted to keep an eye out for Lil Timmy in Stormwind, to buy the kitten he sells. You would...
- Go to his wowhead page.
- Grab his id from the URL. It's
8666into the "add" field, and click "okay".
- Play with your new kitten.
Yes, this example dates me.
If there's some mob you don't want to hear about for whatever reason, just go to the "Ignore" section of the options. Again, enter the mob's id into the "add" box, then click okay. Bam! You will never again be told that Vern is up.
(Actually, Vern is ignored by default. But you get the idea.)
SilverDragon will talk to itself. It can communicate with other copies of itself run by people in your party / guild, and tell you when they see a rare mob. (If there's a group of you camping all the Time-Lost Proto Drake spawns, say...)
You can turn this off completely, if you want to be private about it.
Some rares are part of an achievement. When you mouse over a rare mob, SilverDragon will add to the tooltip whether you've already killed it, so you know whether you need to rush for it.
SilverDragon includes a Broker plugin. It'll attach itself to your minimap, or a Broker container you have installed, and show you a list of the mobs it knows about in the current zone.
Other addons you may find useful
- HandyNotes: integrates with SilverDragon to show icons on zone maps where a rare has been seen.
- ServerRestartSound: plays a sound when the server's about to restart. If you're AFK-camping for a rare spawn, you probably want to know about this.
- ButtonBin: a broker display. SilverDragon's minimap icon will show up on it (or any other addon like it) instead of cluttering up your minimap, if you have it installed.
Changed in v4.0.2
- TOC for 7.2
- Questids for various world bosses
Changed in v4.0.1
- New feature: automatic hiding of the popup after you've not interacted with it for a while (default: 30 seconds)
- Added text input to the ignore options, so you don't have to find the mob in its expansion
- Improved the text input for ignore/custom, so you can enter "target", "mouseover", the mob's id, the mob's name (if we know about it)
- Properly faction-classify all remaining faction-specific rares
- Lots more Legion rare questids
- Cleaned up a lot of tight clusters of the same mob on the map
- Added some fallbacks for mob-names so it's less likely you'll see "Unknown"
- The wrong Gorok had been included for ages, in Warlords. Sorry, Horde garrison havers.
- Fixed some of the database migration code
Changed in v4.0.0
- Major rewrite to remove the "import data" paradigm
- Known mobs are now in per-expansion datasets, which you can disable entirely
- Various skins for the click-target popup (mostly based on the various loot toasts, admittedly)
- Show on popup whether the mob is dead, and try to pick this up during combat via combat-log events
- Rearranged the options a lot
- Marker will now respect other announcement settings
Changed in v3.2.9
- TOC for 7.1
- More Legion vignettes and questids
Changed in v3.2.8
- CreateTitleRegion was removed by Blizzard, requiring some minor rewriting
- More Legion vignettes and questids
Changed in v3.2.7
- Option to not alert on rare mobs we've already killed, if we know the achievement / questid for them
- Option to not alert for rare mobs which are no longer flagged as rare
- More Legion vignettes and questids
- Flag some faction-only Legion mobs
Changed in v3.2.6
- Fix irrelevant map icons appearing while inside caves / other subzones
- Be more likely to record some information about distant mobs
- Made the minimap icon options more obvious
- Fill in a lot of Legion rare questids
- Rewrote the dataminer, to be less likely to lose old information
Changed in v3.2.5
- Remove debugging vignette sound, which was accidentally left in from Legion update
Changed in v3.2.4
- Screen flashing alert works again
Changed in v3.2.3
- Update for Legion
- New setting to control how verbose the macro is
- Don't trust a vignette for mob saving purposes unless we already know lots about it
- Click target sometimes said a mob's name was "0"
- Bounce the WoW icon in the dock, if possible, depending on your OS (okay, it's MacOS)
Changed in v3.2.2
- Add keybinds for running a scan
- Re-add the Mysterious Camel Figurine locations, which had left us for a bit
- Use HereBeDragons-1.0 instead of Astrolabe for map calculations
Changed in v3.2.1
- Avoid triggering if map treasure POIs have the same name as a rare
- Allow filtering out of Draenor zones
- Don't record the names given for mobs in achievements, since they're sometimes not correct
Changed in v3.2.0
- Updated for for 6.2
- Ran dataminer
- Scan world map for POIs, too (Tanaan bosses)
- Fix TomTom name display issue
- Add the Hellbane achievement
- Tooltips: show whether quest flag for a mob is known and completed
Changed in v3.1.5
- Recolored some map icons
- Ran the dataminer again for new coordinates
- Stopped alerting when you find the dead Time Lost Proto Drake in Nagrand
- Marker ignores mobs better
- Update the macro when finding a new rare
Changed in v3.1.4
- Stop the popup from showing for Haakun the All-Consuming, since it reliably crashes the game. For reals.
- Fix some wowhead data being missing from the defaults
- Fix minimap tooltip not showing
- Separate out the achievements and quest filters for handynotes
- Adjusted the handynotes icons. Special icons for mount-dropping mobs...
Changed in v3.1.3
- Stop the Outland rares from showing up in the Draenor zones of the same name
- Ignore the Ashran quartermasters if you're their faction
- The mobs with the mounts
- Count having completed the hidden tracking quests as "achieved" for handynotes integration purposes
- Tweak the appearance of the click-target popup a bit
Changed in v3.1.2
- Include the Draenor rares
- Include the tooltip / LDB completion notes for Draenor achievements
- Some attempt at matching up rares whose vignette-name is different from the actual mob's name
- Fix automatic-localization of rare names via tooltip-scanning
- Fix making waypoints in TomTom
Changed in v3.1.0
- Update for 6.0
- Remove cache-scanning. 6.0 broke it. Blizzard has never liked it, so I doubt we're getting it back. :P
- Improve vignette scanning to compensate. 6.0 should have made it more reliable.
Changed in v3.0.10
- Include the handynotes settings in SD's options, since they're all hidden away in the main HN options
- Add a toggle for the frame locking... apparently the ALT-drag thing was non-obvious.
- Finally fix the last-seen-time ceiling
- Handynotes options to show/hide achieved mobs, and non-achievement mobs
- Option to disable rare announcing if dead
- Looking for achievement mobs: a sound default
- Disabling special sounds for mounts: wasn't working
- Add achievement status to broker and handynotes
- Update the zoom when the zone changes, too
- Add a range display ring to the minimap
- Was missing Throne of Thunder
- The max mapid is no longer below 950...
- Include Timeless Champion achievement
- Try to scan vignettes
- Get the Timeless Isle zoneid in there
- Rearrange notes on handynote popup
- Fix Krasarang terrain issue
- Strip out (Jade) from syncs.
- 5.2 zones should be flagged as MoP
- Warbringer should be in mount list
- Use manual camel coords provided by MysticalOS
- Missed a label
Changed in v3.0.5
- Make to work in 5.2
- New option to only import mobs which are relevant to achievements
- Mark rares when targeted / mouseovered, to make them easier to track down
- Improvements to HandyNotes integration
- Show achievement status in tooltips ("Glorious!: Needed / Already killed")
- Targeting macro now doesn't try to target ignored mobs
- Stop using UIFrameFlash, since it taints the glyph frame
- Don't announce faction-specific mobs if you're not of the appropriate faction
Changed in v3.0.0
- Rewritten extensively to better handle the new mob/zone information that's been made available since early 2009.
Changed in v2.6.3
- Update for 5.0
- NPCScan.Overlay integration
- Remove cartographer support, already
- Drop LibTourist
- Mine for datas
- Adjust zone handling so that Darkmoon Faire and Molten Front aren't considered the same zone. (Blizzard calls them both zoneid 0, so...)
Changed in v2.6.1
- TOC increase for 4.3
- New version of LibTourist-3.0, which was locking up the game when entering the world
- Avoid a race condition that could happen when setting up the macro while changing zones
- Run the dataminer
Changed in v2.6
- Scan neighboring zones as well as the current
- More customization in what rares to ignore, based on expansion zone
- Show a list of rares seen this session in the broker plugin
- Registers a sending prefix, for those times when Blizzard feels like enforcing that
- New player location code, should account for changing zone terrain better
Changed in v2.5
- Syncing of rare-seeing between party members and guild members (switchable off for performance / keeping the rares to yourself)
- Dataminer has been rewritten somewhat
- Mysterious Camel Figurine now included (see above)
- Record NPC ids from target/mouseover instead of relying purely on the import
Changed in v2.4.3
- Astrolabe error for people with an updated version of Handynotes is fixed
- Quite a few new cataclysm rares included in the data; reimport to pick them up
- Disabling the rare popup wasn't working
- Some people reported an error when the screen flashed to alert them of a rare. This should plausibly be fixed... though I could never actually reproduce it myself, so no promises yet.
Changed in v2.4.1
- Fix problem with cache-scanning not always working
- Reran dataminer to pick up information on tamable mobs, which had gone missing
Changed in v2.4
- TOC to 40000
- Option to skip scanning while on a taxi
- Config rearranged
- Dataminer run once more
Changed in v2.3.4
- New "clear all rares" option in config.
- HandyNotes updates in response to import/clear without needing a reloadui.
- Actually includes the non-vern dataminer run.
Changed in v2.3.3
- Update for 30300
- Run dataminer. Forcibly exclude Vern from the dump. So if you clear your seen-rares and then do a new import, you won't see the popup for Vern in Dalaran any more.
Changed in v2.3.2
- Better handling of player location in instances
- Add zhTW rares translation submitted by s8095324.
- Fix Nameplate/Cache scanning
- Run dataminer
Changed in v2.3.1
- Missing AceLocale-3.0 embed.
- Cartographer integration bug.
Changed in v2.3.0
- Default rare list localized to: deDE, frFR, ruRU, esES. Run an import to pick 'em up.
- Better filtering-out of player pets.
- Bump the TOC for SilverDragon_Data, so you don't need to enable out of date addons to import rares any more.
Changed in v2.2.3
- Different layouts for portrait and full-body model views. Full-body is big and on top of the frame.
- Bump TOC
- AceConsole-3.0 embed was missing. Oops.
Changed in v2.2.2
- Adjust said targeting frame a bit.
- Fix a bunch of errors I found when looking at the Scarshield Quartermaster.
- More feedback when creating a macro.
Changed in v2.2.1
- Show in the tooltip whether a mob is already in the unit cache.
- Option to choose what ways of seeing a rare will make the targeting frame appear.
- Bugfix for the click-to-target options not showing. (Thanks to EthanCentaurai!)
Changed in v2.2.0
- Add click-to-target frame that pops up when a rare is seen.
- Add macro-generator.
- Configure which sound is played when a rare is found. (Thanks to EthanCentaurai!)
- Options for which scanning methods to use.
Changed in v2.1.2
- Quick fix for a nil error
Changed in v2.1.1
- Add cache-scanning, much credit to NPCScan by Saiket.
- More options for notifying you: text, sound, screen-flashing.
- LDB tooltip now says whether the rare is tameable.
- [b]For the cache-scanning to work, you have to import data. It relies on NPC ids that can't be gained from within the game.[/b]
Changed in v2.0 r20090403010638
- Add a minimap icon for those without.
- Assorted bugfixes
Changed in 2.0 r20090225045942
- Fix a missing LibSink-2.0 embed.
Changed in 2.0 r20090224102127
- Total rewrite for WotLK. It's Ace3 now, and works with HandyNotes or Cartographer to put notes on your map.
Changed in v1.0 r49794
- Update for 2.2.
- Add deDE localization.
- Some distance tweaks to rare location saving.
Changed in v1.0 r36305
- Update for 2.1.
- Add zhTW translation from norova.
Changed in v1.0 r32928
- Improve TBC rares defaults.
- Fix a few potential bugs.
Changed in v1.0 r27768
- Add TBC rares to defaults, provided by Astaldo on wowace forums.
- Adjust display of coordinates to "x.x,y.y" instead of "x,y".
- Better Cartographer information -- show rare info in the Cartographer tooltip.
- Tweaked nameplate scanning for efficiency.
Changed in v1.0 r21954
- Initial release.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v4.0.2-nolib||Release||7.2.0||1,537||Apr 20, 2017|
|v4.0.2||Release||7.2.0||126,233||Apr 20, 2017|
|v4.0.1-nolib||Release||7.1.0||1,681||Dec 27, 2016|
|v4.0.1||Release||7.1.0||128,325||Dec 27, 2016|
|v4.0.0-nolib||Release||7.1.0||712||Dec 12, 2016|
|v4.0.0||Release||7.1.0||66,081||Dec 12, 2016|
|v4.0.0-beta1||Beta||7.1.0||2,393||Nov 12, 2016|
|v4.0.0-beta1-nolib||Beta||7.1.0||98||Nov 12, 2016|
|v3.2.9||Release||7.1.0||139,595||Nov 6, 2016|
|v3.2.9-nolib||Release||7.1.0||915||Nov 6, 2016|
|v3.2.8||Release||7.0.3||91,787||Oct 25, 2016|
|v3.2.8-nolib||Release||7.0.3||732||Oct 25, 2016|
|v3.2.7||Release||7.0.3||125,000||Sep 6, 2016|
|v3.2.7-nolib||Release||7.0.3||885||Sep 6, 2016|
|v3.2.6||Release||7.0.3||66,899||Sep 2, 2016|
|v3.2.6-nolib||Release||7.0.3||411||Sep 2, 2016|
|v3.2.5||Release||7.0.3||134,234||Jul 23, 2016|
|v3.2.5-nolib||Release||7.0.3||804||Jul 23, 2016|
|v3.2.4||Release||7.0.3||39,161||Jul 22, 2016|
|v3.2.4-nolib||Release||7.0.3||221||Jul 22, 2016|
|v3.2.3||Release||7.0.3||69,998||Jul 19, 2016|
|v3.2.3-nolib||Release||7.0.3||330||Jul 19, 2016|
|v3.2.2||Release||6.2.3||183,834||Dec 27, 2015|
|v3.2.2-nolib||Release||6.2.3||758||Dec 27, 2015|
|v3.2.1||Release||6.2.3||87,566||Nov 22, 2015|
|v3.2.1-nolib||Release||6.2.3||413||Nov 22, 2015|
|v3.2||Release||6.2.2||83,324||Oct 19, 2015|
|v3.2-nolib||Release||6.2.2||450||Oct 19, 2015|
|v3.1.5||Release||6.0.3||239,416||Jan 28, 2015|
|v3.1.5-nolib||Release||6.0.3||1,620||Jan 28, 2015|
|v3.1.4||Release||6.0.3||177,550||Nov 19, 2014|
|v3.1.4-nolib||Release||6.0.3||743||Nov 19, 2014|
|v3.1.3||Release||6.0.3||57,727||Nov 17, 2014|
|v3.1.3-nolib||Release||6.0.3||327||Nov 17, 2014|
|v3.1.2||Release||6.0.3||91,218||Nov 12, 2014|
|v3.1.2-nolib||Release||6.0.3||460||Nov 12, 2014|
|v3.1.1||Release||6.0.3||24,969||Nov 12, 2014|
|v3.1.1-nolib||Release||6.0.3||173||Nov 12, 2014|
|v3.1.0||Release||6.0.2||157,322||Oct 14, 2014|
|v3.1.0-nolib||Release||6.0.2||744||Oct 14, 2014|
|v3.0.10||Release||5.4.0||382,810||Oct 7, 2013|
|v3.0.10-nolib||Release||5.4.0||1,701||Oct 7, 2013|
|v3.0.9||Release||5.4.0||89,063||Sep 30, 2013|
|v3.0.9-nolib||Release||5.4.0||547||Sep 30, 2013|
|3.0.8||Release||5.4.0||126,137||Sep 12, 2013|
|3.0.8-nolib||Release||5.4.0||663||Sep 12, 2013|
|v3.0.7||Release||5.3.0||186,238||Jun 11, 2013|
|v3.0.7-nolib||Release||5.3.0||922||Jun 11, 2013|
|v3.0.6||Release||5.2.0||182,777||Mar 19, 2013|
|v3.0.6-nolib||Release||5.2.0||1,104||Mar 19, 2013|