Before addons like TMW and WA2, there was PolMonitor, the birthmother of button monitoring!
PolMonitor can create groups of buttons which allow monitoring of buffs, target debuffs, item cooldowns, totems, and much more. These buttons have the ability to use DogTags to build logic into when the buttons are active, what information is displayed on them, etc. Masque can be used to skin them and there are also options to move them, lock them, set their transparency level, etc. You can also do things like suppress Blizzard's glow effects and GCD per button, scale them to up to 1000% of the size, invert them so they are inactive when they are "active", fade them out with a configurable transparency when no mana, out of range, and more!
Button groups can also be shown or hidden when you in are or out of combat, always hidden, only when you have hostile targets, etc. Everything is built around monitoring not only buffs and debuffs, but the state of combat and what you are targeting.
The configuration is saved within any number of profiles and profiles can be assigned to both your Primary and Secondary talent specs. When you change your talent spec, PolMonitor will automatically load the profile that you've assigned for that spec. You can also re-use profiles, so if you both a Horde and Alliance Hunter for example, you can use a single profile for both.
Use /pm or /polmonitor to access the configuration.
- Renew button to show the time left of your renew HoT on your current target. - Healthstone button that lights up only when you are less than a certain percentage of health. - Agony, Corruption, and all other Warlock dot buttons to show when your DoTs will expire on the target. - Raging blow button, that tells you when its active, how long you have before the proc ends, and also shows the glowing proc art. - Button that shows your health percentage and lights up when you are under 40% health, and then casts Lay on Hands on you without losing your target if you click it. - Monitors/bars that only appear on your screen when you are in combat or you target a hostile target.
=> 7.0.1 RELEASED
- Fixed spell overlay error
- Fixed bar movement
=> 7.0.0 RELEASED
- Updated to not cause errors in Legion, but has not had a lot of testing give so few people use it. I will be making updates to things as I run into them.
- Profiles system updated to allow Profiles to be assigned to all specs
=> 6.2.3 RELEASED
- Now shows the recharge time for spells that recharge over time, such as Shield Charge.
- Now remembers which spells had charges, and if they did it will show a 0 when there are no charges for that button
- There is now an option to "suppress charges" to hide the display of charges on a button
=> 6.2.2 RELEASED
- Equipment slot buttons were not auto-hiding on login/reload of UI when they should have
=> 6.2.1 RELEASED
- Item charges now show correctly for things like Healthstones
- Macro monitor names can now be easily changed in the configuration
- Removed old code left over from any Cata/Mop UI hide and GCD hacks
- Removed the global fade level, since it is set at the group level
- Added "Active fade level" to allow changing of group wide transparency of active buttons
- Added confirmation box when deleting a button monitor
- Added confirmation box when deleting a monitor group
- New option for spell monitors "Suppress GCD" hides global cooldown timer if turned on
- Groups can now be renamed
- Now properly shows debuff stacks of 1 when it should.
- Fixed a problem clearing equivalent debuffs when one button tracked multiple debuffs
- Some minor configuration UI updates and cleanups
- The /dogtag help was not displaying correctly
=> 6.2.0 RELEASED
Updated for Patch 6.2
=> 6.1.0 RELEASED
- Very minor UI stuff changed to allow changing already define cooldown names
- Updated for 6.1 patch
- Using new version number which coincides with the current WoW patch
=> 1.3.8 RELEASED
- More work arounds for monitoring when there are two of the same buff names (Elusive Brew, etc)
=> 1.3.7 RELEASED
- When monitoring by spell cooldown, PolMonitor will now pull a stack count from a personal buff of the same name if there are no stacks on the spell itself.
=> 1.3.6 RELEASED
- Removed some old left over code which trapped events which are now longer required to be
- Fixed a spelling error. :)
- Removed the Blizzard UI features that allow for the stock UI to be moved and hidden based
on events. This was causing quirky behavior in 6.0 and so I want to remove it before the
expansion until I have more time to make it stable.
All features related to monitoring are of course still there. If you are missing something I removed please let me know and I can prioritize fixing or adding things back.
=> 1.3.4 RELEASED
- The addon was still showing up at out of date in patch 6.0, even though its not. Fixed!
- XP bar no longer gets redrawn during pet battles
- Removed WoW 5.X specific code now that 6.0 is live!
- Removed accidental debug stuff that was printing things to the chat window on occasion
- "Hide main bar" was not hiding the reputation tracking bar if one was being used
- Loading a new Profile will now immediately calculate the "frame state" according to the new profile's frame/UI options.
=> 1.3.3 RELEASED
- Updated for patch 6.0
=> 1.3.2 RELEASED
It was brought to my attention that clicking on debuff monitor buttons was broken in 1.3.1. Fixed.
If you have debuff buttons and you used 1.31. double check they might be set to "Self-cast" instead
of "current target" now. I apologize for the error.
=> 1.3.1 RELEASED
- Added ability to hide/show Mini map based on certain events.
- Made slight change to MOP Achievement hiding ability which will help prevent a Blizzard LUA error
- Removed RaidWide Buff monitor type (unused?)
- Added Totem monitor type which monitors totem timers and totem spell cooldowns together
- All HotKey labels for all monitor types can now optionally use DogTags
- Spell cooldown monitors will now default to cast on "Target/Self-cast"
=> 1.3.0 RELEASED
- I uploaded the wrong file, so I am releasing 1.3.0 which is nothing but what was supposed to be 1.2.9 :) I hope I get it right this time! :)
=> 1.2.9 RELEASED
- Now works with patch 6.0 and the Warlords of Draenor expansion (with load outdated turned on)
- Removed dependancy on AceEvent-3.0
- Added new UI/Frames options which can be used to automatically hide/show UI elements are certain times. Each frame can be shown always, never, in combat, out of combat, or if you have any target or are in combat, for the following frames:
Main action bar
bottom left action bar
bottom right action bar
right one action bar
right two action bar
objectives tracker (quest tracker)
In other words, if you want to automatically hide the quest tracker when in combat, set the value for quest tracker to "out of combat". If you want to hide the main actionbar/xp bar/etc except when you have a target selected or when in combat, set it to "any target or combat".
- All monitor groups can now be automatically hidden based on events! Each group now has an option that will define when the group monitors are displayed for that group:
- Always (always show this group)
- Never (never show this group)
- Any Target/Combat (enables only when you have a target or are in combat)
- Combat (enables only when you enter combat, hides itself when you leave combat)
- Hostile/Combat (enables if you have an attackable target, OR when you enter combat)
- Out of combat (enables only when out of combat)
=> 1.2.8 RELEASED
- Fixed /pm and /polmonitor so they should open the PolMonitor settings again
- Updated DogTag and RangeChecking to latest versions, which would help with WOD compatibility
=> 1.2.7 RELEASED
- Now displays "spell charges" when monitoring spell cooldowns (ie Conflag stacks, etc)
- Fixed a typo which caused target debuff cooldown timers to not display correctly.
=> 1.2.6 RELEASED
- Target debuff monitoring now works with spell proc overlays in the same way that buffs work. I forgot to add this into the last update.
=> 1.2.5 RELEASED
- Now supports Blizzards spell proc overlays during Spell cooldown monitoring! This is on by default.
- New option added to spell monitors "Suppress Overlay". If on, then the spell proc "glow" effect will be hidden for that button
- When checking self-buffs, the buff name will be checked as a valid spell name and if there is a spell proc on it, it will display the proc overlay. This allows for some cool things like monitoring a Raging Blow proc buff timer while still showing the proc effect of the actual ability.
- Updated all Ace3 libraries to latest versions
- Updated TOC for latest 5.4 version of WoW
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|7.0.1||Release||7.0.3||185||Jul 23, 2016|
|7.0.0||Release||7.0.3||109||Jul 19, 2016|
|6.2.1||Release||6.2.0||411||Aug 23, 2015|
|6.20||Release||6.2.0||182||Jun 23, 2015|
|6.1.0||Release||6.1.0||227||Feb 25, 2015|
|6.1.0||Release||6.1.0||6||Feb 25, 2015|
|1.3.8||Release||6.0.3||218||Dec 10, 2014|
|1.3.7||Release||6.0.3||25||Dec 10, 2014|
|1.3.6||Release||6.0.3||153||Dec 4, 2014|
|1.3.5||Release||6.0.3||156||Nov 11, 2014|
|1.3.4||Release||6.0.2||184||Oct 17, 2014|
|1.3.3||Release||6.0.2||148||Oct 14, 2014|
|1.3.2||Release||6.0.2||92||Oct 8, 2014|
|1.3.2||Release||6.0.2||11||Oct 8, 2014|
|1.3.1||Release||6.0.2||11||Oct 8, 2014|
|1.3.0||Release||6.0.2||78||Oct 4, 2014|
|1.2.9||Release||6.0.2||22||Oct 4, 2014|
|1.2.8||Release||5.4.8||198||Aug 23, 2014|
|1.2.7||Release||5.4.2||346||Jan 11, 2014|
|1.2.6||Release||5.4.2||48||Jan 9, 2014|
|1.2.4||Release||5.1.0||343||Dec 22, 2012|
|1.2.3||Release||5.1.0||112||Nov 27, 2012|
|1.2.2||Release||5.0.5||170||Oct 23, 2012|
|1.2.1||Release||5.0.5||80||Oct 20, 2012|
|PolMonitor_1.2.0||Release||5.0.5||154||Oct 7, 2012|