Floating Combat Text of awesomeness.
Displays Events from the combatlog (damage, healing, ...) as moving text and numbers across the Screen. It also supports various other Events (Loot, Cooldowns, ...). Further Parrot offers a Trigger-system to display Text and play sounds on certain predefined events (e.g. Nightfall for Warlocks).
If you want to translate Parrot into your language (or update an existing translation) please do so here.
Q: "I created a custom Trigger doing <something>. Is it worthy to be in parrots default triggers?"
A: In many cases it is. If you want to contribute a custom trigger to be added to the default triggers, please post a ticket where you describe *exactly* how you set it up. I can't figure that out for every class and every spec.
Q: "Parrot is not showing heals, but it's enabled in the options"
A: Since 3.2 WoW displays every full overheal in the combatlog (even for HoTs). That's why Parrot v1.9.0+ contains an option in Events to "Hide full overheals" which is enabled by default to avoid unnecessary spam.
Q: ''I want to use custom fonts and sounds in Parrot, but there are none available'
A: Parrot doesn't provide sounds or additional fonts (only the fonts included in WoW) For additional fonts and sounds please install SharedMedia.
To use custom sounds and fonts see the "INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt" in the SharedMedia-folder.
Q: "Whenever I /reload or log back in again, parrot auto-hides blizzard's default outgoing damage text (the one above the mob in question). Is there any way to avoid having to enable blizz's functions all the time?
A: When enabled Parrot manages the settings for Blizzard FCTs damage- and heal-display. You can enable these features to be used with Parrot in the config (General->Game damage/healing)
Q: "Sometimes when Looting stackable items, the stackcount is off. Why isn't this fixed?"
A: The problem is, that the Interface-event for the Loot is sometimes triggered before, and sometimes after the item was put in the bag (depending on lag). If anyone knows a solution that does not involve constantly polling the bags' content, I'm open to suggestions.
If you need help with some option, trigger, or whatever use the Parrot-forum on wowace for any questions you might have (please no bug-reports).
To make a feature Request please use the ticket-system.
Before making a feature Request please make sure that the current alpha does not contain the feature already.
Also check if there is a similar feature request among the open tickets already (and maybe join the discussion there).
* fix bug with sticky crits in 6.0
* mark compatible with 6.0
* mark compatible with wow 5.4
* mark compatible with wow 5.3
* fix bug in raid-difficulty detection
* mark update for WoW 5.2
* fix configuration-menu not working correctly
* fix Friendly-check in UnitHealth and UnitPower triggerconditions
* add Monk as valid class
* add option to enable triggers only for specific specs
* color triggers in options according to whether they are active or not
* extract "Style"-tab for triggers
* add error-handling to color-text-field
* fix possible nil-error when 3rd party addons show messages way early
* fix taint-bug that could break the glyph-UI
* allow value 0 in aura-stack-count in triggers to fire on every stack gain
* fix "Ready, Set, Aim..."-Trigger
* added new default-triggers:
+ Warrior - Fury:
- Raging Blow!
+ Deathknight - Unholy:
- Sudden Doom
+ Mage - Arcane:
- Arcane Missiles
+ Mage - Fire:
- Heating Up
+ Monk - Windwalker:
- Combo Breaker
+ Paladin - Protection:
- Grand Crusader
+ Shaman - Elemental:
- Lava Surge
+ Warlock - Demonology:
- Molten Core
+ Warlock - Destruction:
* fix frost-trap-spell ids
* fix absorb-amount for Periodic damage
* update for patch 5.1.0
* update for patch 5.0.4
* localize environmental damage
* adapt new powertypes from MoP
* improve accuracy of loot-events
* also fire Miss-Triggers for other melee-misses
* fix missing missed-amounts
*  fix combat-events not being enabled properly
* fix filters for outgoing DoTs
* fix automatic renabling after login
* mark compatible with WoW 4.3
* play all sounds on master-channel
* increase max-value for filters to 100000 (from 1000)
* compatibility to WoW 4.2
* fix problem with user-settings that might be left behind after removing default-triggers
* compatibility to WoW 4.1
* fix bug in alternate power bars text
* extended options to hide full overheals (Hots/direct heals)
* make sucessful spellcast trigger working
* reduce minimum fontsize to 6 (down from 12)
* replace honor-gain-events by currency-gain-events
* properly display alternate powertypes (like Sound or Corruption)
* add "Cast started"-Trigger condition
* fix missing spell-ids
* remove no longer valid triggers
* round honor-gains to 3 digits
* fix trap-cooldown-grouping
* remove judgements from cooldown groups
* fix power-triggers for units with multiple power types
* do not forcefully disable blizzard fct on login
* fix triggers for Eclipse
* add new powertypes to options
* add new Triggers for:
+ Slam! (Warrior)
+ Blood Swarm (Deathknight)
+ Shadow Infusion (Deathknight)
+ Focus Fire (Hunter)
+ Ready, Set, Aim... (Hunter)
* fix Trigger Lock and Load
* fix possible nil-errors in Triggers
* make compatible with 4.0 (port cooldown-module and honor-notifications)
* fix lua-error when casting Shadow Word: Death
* fix icons showing in aura- and cooldowns-notifications
* prevent parrot from completely failing when spellIds are missing
(this means, that parrot will kind of work when the patch hits US.
The real 4.0-update will be pushed on when it hits EU)
* add option to shorten amounts and modifiers (like 26k)
* fix behaviour of the hide-realm-option
* slightly improve combatlog-parsing cpu-usage
* make sure triggers that are default-disabled stay enabled
* remove the aura-polling-hack
* fix bug that cause triggers to always go back to being sticky
* fix short text setting
* cleanup the default spellfilters
* spell-filters should start working without reloading the interface now
* add Triggers for "Fingers of Frost" and "Decimation"
* add option to color names by class (for party/raid members)
* only truncate the realm name from players
* add option to flash screen on triggers
* add secondary condition "Battle stance" to Overpower trigger
* add option to check the stackcount for "Buff active"-secondary Condition
* reorganize some options (i.e. move them to more proper category)
* add missile-barrage to default-triggers
* add item cooldown ready Trigger Condition
* fix bug with AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets embed
* really fix short throttle-texts not disabling properly for healing events (#136)
* fix error in embedding of AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets
* upgrade to LibDeformat-3.0 and get rid of Ace2 for good
* fix short throttle-texts not disabling properly for healing events (#136)
* add "ad-hoc-fix" to stop spamming of berserk-triggers
* fix possible error with SharedMediaWidgets-embed
* add default-trigger for Serendipity
* fire both Trigger-conditions (aura gain, and aura stack gain) when a stackable
aura is gained. When a additional stack is gained (to a buff already
present) only Aura stack gain fires.
* fix more possible memory-leaks
* add default-trigger for Warlock's "Molten Core"
* fix memory leak in the new Aura-Trigger-module
* add hack to make some broken Proc-triggers work again
* add option to shorten throttled text
* add functionality to throttle reputation-gains
* do not show outgoing heals to pets.
* bump toc to 30300 (for patch 3.3)
* make "disable in raid"-options for combat-events work with 3.2s heroic raids
* do not trigger soulshard-gain on every item created
* fix Soulshard gains
* fix "Own Aura"-field in buff-active-conditions
* use SharedMediaWidgets for Sounds and Master font settings
* set more default-values when creating a new trigger-condition
* make options use a bit less memory
* fix cooldown-module missing to report finshed cooldowns sometimes
* add config-mode-support (http://www.wowwiki.com/ConfigMode)
* fix Pet-misses showing the tag in the text (like "Pet absorb [Amount]")
* Move to Ace3 (got rid of the rest of LibRock)
* major changes to the Trigger-System
+ TriggerCondition now support multiple arguments
+ Most TriggerConditions can be used more than once
+ simplified the List of built-in conditions
* add Primary Trigger Conditions:
+ Incoming damage
+ Outgoing damage
* add Secondary Trigger Conditions:
+ Item buff active
* use ingame-translations for damage-types
* Fix the double-combo-point-issue (Ticket #41)
* add support for CombatEvents:
+ Pet skill interrupts
+ Outgoing Siege damage
+ Pet buff gain/fade (disabled by default)
+ Pet debuff gain/fade (disabled by default)
+ Enemy buff gain/fade (disabled by default)
+ Enemy debuff gain/fade (disabled by default)
* optimize the Cooldown-module to use much less CPU-time
* continue showing events when dead
* Do not control Game Damage/Healing by default
* only schedule "Check for XX seconds"-timer when a Trigger is using it
* properly update scroll-area-choices when profile is changed
* fix locale-error
* Direction-choices in ScrollAreas-options now update properly
* remove Dependency of LibBabble-Class (and use built-in class-translations)
* add options for always hiding unit- and skill names (except Cooldowns)
* add secondary condition "Active talents"
* new Triggers' class-lists contain only one entry by default
(the current player)
* add support for per-spell-filtering (by name or ID) (fixes Ticket #42)
* add support for per-spell-throttling
* add default-filters for Unleashed Rage, Ferocious Inspiration, and
Abominable Might (fixes Ticket #16)
* Hide realm name in tags (fixes Ticket #83)
* allow spell-ids as parameters in aura-trigger-conditions
* add 2 triggers for Eclipse (Wrath and Starfire)
* add trigger for The Art of War
* add trigger for Kill shot
* add secondary conditions "Target minimum health" and "Target is player"
* add secondary condition "Lua function" to run custom lua-code for checks
* add more options for Cooldowns (treshold and filters)
* hide full overheals (but add option for making them visible again)
* show player's heals on pets only as incoming pet heal (Ticket #92)
* show correct icon when using "Wild Quiver" (Ticket #93)
* fix some issues with the Config when Ace3 is not installed seperatly
* fix new shared cooldowns of hunter traps
* remove windshock from shared cooldowns
* fix bugs in new ace-config (fixes Tickets #80 and #81)
* rewrite the db-import of default-triggers (uses a versioncheck now)
This means default-triggers do not get recreated when deleting them.
* bugfixes in profile-switching
profile-applying to submodules
profile-copying and reseting
* use ace3 for config-stuff
* make profile-switching work again (by using AceDB-3.0)
Note: The profile now defaults to your Character-profile instead of
"Default". Try switching profiles to regain all saved settings.
* add Parrot to the Blizzard-Addon-Options
* add new Primary TriggerCondition: Successful Spell Cast (Ticket #65)
* add secondary Trigger Conditions (Minimum/Maximum Target Health Percent)
* add Dispel- and Spellsteal CombetEvents (Ticket #74)
* make Heals show properly in 3.2 (fixes Ticket #78)
* add support for throttling miss-events (avoids like parry, block, etc.)
* add "minimum power percent"-secondary trigger condition
* add secondary conditions for "in vehicle" and "mounted"
* make dot-crits show as sticky.
* fix optdeps.
* add Options to disable CombatEvents when in a raid-instance.
* add icon-override for mutilate.
* add support for AddonLoader (http://www.wowace.com/addons/addon-loader/).
* add Judgements to its own group, like shocks.
* remove blackout- and deathtrance-trigger from default-triggers.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v1.13.0||Release||7.0.3||61,454||Aug 9, 2016|
|v1.13.0-nolib||Release||7.0.3||250||Aug 9, 2016|
|v1.12.0||Release||6.0.3||81,540||Nov 27, 2014|
|v1.12.0-nolib||Release||6.0.3||578||Nov 27, 2014|
|v1.11.4||Release||5.4.0||125,576||Sep 12, 2013|
|v1.11.4-nolib||Release||5.4.0||471||Sep 12, 2013|
|v1.11.3||Release||5.3.0||43,945||May 26, 2013|
|v1.11.3-nolib||Release||5.3.0||120||May 26, 2013|
|v1.11.2||Release||5.2.0||38,965||Mar 12, 2013|
|v1.11.2-nolib||Release||5.2.0||114||Mar 12, 2013|
|v1.11.1||Release||5.1.0||21,599||Mar 2, 2013|
|v1.11.1-nolib||Release||5.1.0||58||Mar 2, 2013|
|v1.11.0||Release||5.1.0||40,195||Dec 13, 2012|
|v1.11.0-nolib||Release||5.1.0||105||Dec 13, 2012|
|v1.10.33||Release||5.1.0||24,629||Nov 30, 2012|
|v1.10.33-nolib||Release||5.1.0||100||Nov 30, 2012|
|v1.10.32||Release||5.0.4||51,639||Aug 30, 2012|
|v1.10.32-nolib||Release||5.0.4||197||Aug 30, 2012|
|v1.10.31||Release||4.3.4||21,658||Aug 20, 2012|
|v1.10.31-nolib||Release||4.3.4||126||Aug 20, 2012|
|v1.10.30||Release||4.3.0||63,362||Jan 24, 2012|
|v1.10.30-nolib||Release||4.3.0||204||Jan 24, 2012|
|v1.10.29||Release||4.3.0||10,270||Jan 21, 2012|
|v1.10.29-nolib||Release||4.3.0||91||Jan 21, 2012|
|v1.10.28||Release||4.3.0||95,618||Dec 6, 2011|
|v1.10.28-nolib||Release||4.3.0||365||Dec 6, 2011|
|v1.10.27||Release||4.2.0||73,247||Jun 29, 2011|
|v1.10.27-nolib||Release||4.2.0||213||Jun 29, 2011|
|v1.10.26||Release||4.1.0||55,262||Apr 28, 2011|
|v1.10.26-nolib||Release||4.1.0||231||Apr 28, 2011|
|v1.10.25||Release||4.0.6||46,040||Mar 17, 2011|
|v1.10.25-nolib||Release||4.0.6||206||Mar 17, 2011|
|v1.10.24||Release||4.0.6||35,214||Feb 16, 2011|
|v1.10.24-nolib||Release||4.0.6||125||Feb 16, 2011|
|v1.10.23||Release||4.0.3a||1,823||Jan 20, 2011|
|v1.10.23-nolib||Release||4.0.3a||32||Jan 20, 2011|
|v1.10.22||Release||4.0.1||10,601||Nov 13, 2010|
|v1.10.22-nolib||Release||4.0.1||33||Nov 13, 2010|
|v1.10.21||Release||4.0.1||2,791||Oct 20, 2010|
|v1.10.21-nolib||Release||4.0.1||16||Oct 20, 2010|
|v1.10.20a||Release||4.0.1||1,588||Oct 14, 2010|
|v1.10.20a-nolib||Release||4.0.1||25||Oct 14, 2010|
|v1.10.20||Release||4.0.1||765||Oct 13, 2010|
|v1.10.20-nolib||Release||4.0.1||30||Oct 13, 2010|
|v1.10.19a||Release||3.3.5||27,511||Oct 6, 2010|
|v1.10.19a-nolib||Release||3.3.5||244||Oct 6, 2010|
|v1.10.19||Release||3.3.5||272||Oct 5, 2010|
|v1.10.19-nolib||Release||3.3.5||31||Oct 5, 2010|
|v1.10.18||Release||3.3.5||1,659||Sep 18, 2010|
|v1.10.18-nolib||Release||3.3.5||39||Sep 18, 2010|