Tools and tweaks to make the lives of players seeking Achievements a little bit easier.
Most features listed here are optional. Options can be found using the /oa command or at Interface Options -> AddOns tab -> Overachiever.
- Slash commands to search for achievements by name.* (Also see the "Search tab" feature.)
- Ctrl+click on an achievement link to open the GUI to that achievement. Ctrl+click again to track it.
- Automatically track timed achievements when the timer starts.
Achievement Tooltip Enhancements:
- Add information from progress bars and normally-hidden progress information. (For example, "Progress: 5/10" or "Assault 2 bases (0/2).")
- Compare progress using chat links: Display your progress below that of the player who linked the achievement.
- Optionally add the achievement's ID to its tooltip. (Convenient for addon authors.)
- Draggable Frames: The achievement frame is draggable.†
- Search tab added to the UI to search for achievements by name, description, reward, and more.‡
- Suggestions tab added to the UI that suggests achievements based on your current situation: Location, recent tooltip reminders from this addon, etc.‡
- Cooking Trade Skill UI:‡
- Display icons next to recipes you need to cook for "The Northrend Gourmet" and "The Outland Gourmet." Ctrl+click on one of these recipes to open the UI to the achievement that requires it.
- Works with the default UI, Advanced Trade Skill Window, Skillet, and lilsparky's branch of Skillet. (Users of lilsparky's branch must Alt+click instead of Ctrl+click to open to the achievement.)
- Objectives Frame (Achievement Tracker):
- Display a tooltip when hovering over an achievement title to see more details about it.
- Shift+click an achievement title to add that achievement's link to chat.
- Display a tooltip when the cursor is over certain achievements in the GUI:
- ''Part of a series'': Give the names of other achievements in the series and its relation to them.
- ''Required by'': Give the names of any meta-achievements that list this achievement as a criteria.
- Meta-criteria (achievements displayed as the criteria for obtaining a larger achievement) in the GUI use a detailed achievement tooltip instead of simply giving the date the criteria was completed (or nothing if it isn't complete).
- World Explorer: Automatically track exploration achievements as you travel.*
- Tooltip Reminders: Add information to units', items', and/or world objects' tooltips to help you complete...
- "To All The Squirrels I've Loved Before", "To All The Squirrels Who Shared My Life": Do I need to /love this critter?
- "Pest Control": Have I exterminated this critter?
- "Well Read", "Higher Learning": Have I read this book?
- "The Scavenger," "Outland Angler," "Northrend Angler": Have I fished this type of node?
- "It's Happy Hour Somewhere", "Tastes Like Chicken": Have I consumed this food or drink?
- Holiday Achievements:
- "Let It Snow": Do I need to use a Handful of Snowflakes on this player?
- "Fistful of Love": Do I need to use a Handful of Rose Petals on this player?
- "Shake Your Bunny-Maker": Do I need to use Spring Flowers on this player?
- "Northern Exposure", "Medium Rare", and many others: Do I need to kill this creature? (Includes many dungeon and raid-based achievements.)
- Sound Reminder: Choose a sound to play when one of the above tooltip reminders shows up if you need to do something.
* See the included readme.txt file for more details.
† See instructions below.
‡ This is part of a modular component that can be enabled/disabled individually. See "Disabling Modules," below.
You can associate key bindings with each of the new tabs added to the Achievement frame using the standard key binding interface. The new bindings are located under the heading "Overachiever."
- Localized for English, Spanish, German, French, Russian, traditional Chinese, and simplified Chinese clients. Translations generously provided by users like you!
- If you're interested in helping localize Overachiever for another client, please let me know.
The main achievement frame (where achievements earned and unearned are listed by category) is draggable when the proper Interface Options are set. Left-click on an appropriate area and hold the mouse button down to move the frame where you desire.
By default, the main achievement frame can be moved but it is still subject to some standard frame handling that will reposition it when it is opened or certain other frames are displayed. To unattach the frame from this position handling and have Overachiever remember where the frame is from session to session, check the "Remember position" option under the "Main Achievement UI frame" option. Once in the position you desire, you may want to uncheck the "Main Achievement UI frame" option so you don't accidentally move it elsewhere.
Some of Overachiever's features are implemented using modules, namely ''Overachiever_Tabs'' and ''Overachiever_Trade''. Modules have their own folders that should be placed inside the Interface\AddOns folder alongside Overachiever. They can be enabled or disabled as you would a separate addon. Additionally, the individual Search and Suggestions components of the Tabs module can be disabled by deleting or renaming Search.lua or Suggestions.lua.
''About the lengthy project name: "Overachiever" was not showing up on curse.com addon searches for "achievement"; the name change fixes that. Hopefully Curse will correct this problem in the future.''
Donations: This is a one-man project that can be quite time-consuming, depending on Blizzard's whims. All donations are appreciated, large or small. (See the button under "Support development", above.)
The change log lists changes of particular note to users, not every change made.
v0.94 [The "Better Late Than Never" release]
- "Draenor Cuisine" (new): Added to the consumed item tracking system.
- "Brewfest Diet" (new): Added options to display a reminder tooltip for Brewfest food you need to eat.
- "Fairegoer's Feast" (new): Added options to display a reminder tooltip for Darkmoon Faire food you need to eat.
- The "Recently spotted objective" feature now works with items you need to consume.
- Trade module: "The Draenor Gourmet" and "The Legion Menu" are now considered when determining if you need to cook a recipe.
- Stopped a crash that could occur if you attempt to open to an achievement that is really a statistic.
- Fixed an issue where your progress was being added to achievement tooltips when doing so was redundant.
- The "Creature killed?" option for general Kill Creature Achievements now defaults to being enabled. (Your setting won't change if you are upgrading from a previous version of the addon.)
- Suggestions Tab:
- - Can now tell the different "Shadowmoon Valley" and "Nagrand" zones apart.
- - Added several new suggestions for the Darkmoon Faire.
- - Moved "Weed Whacker" suggestion to The Everbloom, where it belongs.
- - Added other suggestions for The Everbloom so "Weed Whacker" doesn't feel lonely.
- - Added suggestions for the player garrison.
- - Added additional suggestions for some other Draenor zones.
- Fix an issue where the tooltip disappears when it shouldn't. (When this was depends on user's other addons.)
- New options: Can now react to the Achievement Progress toast by tracking the achievement, linking the achievement and showing the completed criteria in the chat log, and/or adding the achievement to the Suggestions tab as a "Recent Reminder".
- Added a "Recently spotted objective" tooltip for certain types of achievements in the achievement UI when they are on the Recent Reminders list. The tooltip indicates what was seen that triggered the reminder. (E.g., it would show the name of the mob that you need to kill or the player you need to blast with your Turkey Shooter.) Helpful when you briefly run the mouse over something that triggers the reminder sound (if you turned that on!) but you don't know what it was.
- Fixed reminder tooltips not showing for achievements that identified the mob by ID (non-critter "need to kill" achievements).
- Fixed reminder tooltips for world objects disappearing after a short while due to the default tooltip resetting its text periodically.
- Fixed reminder tooltips for world objects sometimes not showing if the tooltip previously showed mob data.
- Attempt to fix compatibility issue with other addons resulting in an error that appears when the achievement frame is opened.
- Fixed reminder tooltips for certain fishing nodes not showing. (Note that, like several other features, this is localization-dependent. If it doesn't work with a non-English locale, you can help fix this by contributing on CurseForge. The relevant phrase key in this case is "ACH_FISHSCHOOL_FORMAT". If you see a node I missed in English, let me know.)
- Suggestions Tab:
- - Added numerous suggestions for Legion zones, dungeons, and raids.
- - Added "Mythic" to instance difficulty override dropdown.
- - Now considers the different "Dalaran" zones individually (so suggestions for Dalaran in Northrend don't show in other Dalaran zones).
- Updated for WoW patch 7.0.x. Updated TOC and fixed several errors. (Haven't added new suggestions yet.)
- Fixed problem where reminder sounds didn't play.
- Added some new reminder sounds (from existing sound effects).
- "The Stockade" zone (instance) was renamed at some point to "Stormwind Stockade". Updated the related suggestion so it once again shows when in that zone.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v0.94||Release||7.0.3||426||Sep 23, 2016|
|v0.94-nolib||Release||7.0.3||232||Sep 23, 2016|
|v0.93||Release||7.0.3||124,777||Sep 14, 2016|
|v0.93-nolib||Release||7.0.3||393||Sep 14, 2016|
|v0.92||Release||7.0.3||19,874||Sep 14, 2016|
|v0.92-nolib||Release||7.0.3||80||Sep 14, 2016|
|v0.91||Release||7.0.3||142,716||Aug 31, 2016|
|v0.91-nolib||Release||7.0.3||455||Aug 31, 2016|
|v0.90||Release||7.0.3||107,820||Aug 26, 2016|
|v0.90-nolib||Release||7.0.3||286||Aug 26, 2016|
|v0.84||Release||6.2.2||333,951||Nov 10, 2015|
|v0.84-nolib||Release||6.2.2||727||Nov 10, 2015|
|v0.83||Release||6.2.0||157,267||Aug 21, 2015|
|v0.83-nolib||Release||6.2.0||315||Aug 21, 2015|
|v0.82||Release||6.1.0||244,065||Feb 26, 2015|
|v0.82-nolib||Release||6.1.0||1,027||Feb 26, 2015|
|v0.81||Release||6.0.3||226,437||Nov 24, 2014|
|v0.81-nolib||Release||6.0.3||589||Nov 24, 2014|
|v0.80||Release||6.0.2||185,066||Oct 15, 2014|
|0.80-nolib||Release||6.0.2||427||Oct 15, 2014|
|v0.73||Release||5.4.0||368,526||Sep 10, 2013|
|v0.73-nolib||Release||5.4.0||1,078||Sep 10, 2013|
|0.72||Release||5.3.0||160,504||May 26, 2013|
|0.72-nolib||Release||5.3.0||494||May 26, 2013|
|v0.71||Release||5.2.0||145,832||Mar 16, 2013|
|v0.71-nolib||Release||5.2.0||467||Mar 16, 2013|
|v0.70||Release||5.1.0||181,057||Dec 7, 2012|
|v0.70-nolib||Release||5.1.0||557||Dec 7, 2012|
|v0.69||Release||5.0.5||114,779||Nov 21, 2012|
|v0.69-nolib||Release||5.0.5||372||Nov 21, 2012|
|v0.68||Release||5.0.5||83,773||Nov 14, 2012|
|v0.68-nolib||Release||5.0.5||253||Nov 14, 2012|
|v0.67||Release||5.0.5||151,060||Sep 29, 2012|
|v0.67-nolib||Release||5.0.5||478||Sep 29, 2012|
|v0.66||Release||5.0.4||135,723||Aug 31, 2012|
|v0.66-nolib||Release||5.0.4||464||Aug 31, 2012|
|v0.65||Release||4.3.0||301,048||Dec 20, 2011|
|v0.65-nolib||Release||4.3.0||1,052||Dec 20, 2011|
|v0.64||Release||4.2.0||404,227||Aug 13, 2011|
|v0.64-nolib||Release||4.2.0||1,376||Aug 13, 2011|
|v0.63||Release||4.1.0||180,669||May 5, 2011|
|v0.63-nolib||Release||4.1.0||705||May 5, 2011|
|v0.62||Release||4.0.6||116,711||Apr 18, 2011|
|v0.62-nolib||Release||4.0.6||345||Apr 18, 2011|
|v0.61||Release||4.0.6||142,923||Feb 18, 2011|
|v0.61-nolib||Release||4.0.6||482||Feb 18, 2011|
|v0.60||Release||4.0.3a||161,544||Dec 23, 2010|
|v0.60-nolib||Release||4.0.3a||803||Dec 23, 2010|
|v0.59||Release||4.0.3a||521||Dec 15, 2010|
|v0.59-nolib||Release||4.0.3a||22||Dec 15, 2010|