MyRolePlay is a roleplaying UI AddOn for World of Warcraft, developed by Etarna at moonshyne.org. It lets you make a roleplaying “profile” about your character that other users of MyRolePlay (and other compatible “MSP” RP AddOns) can see in the tooltip and a more detailed window. It’s fast, light, and powerful.
- Spot other roleplayers at a glance, see which RP AddOns they are using, and get a quick overview of their character in the tooltip!
- Change your character’s name; add a last name—or whatever you wish!
- Mark your preferred style of roleplaying (casual, full–time, beginner, or a custom style…), or your status (in character, out of character, being a storyteller…)
- Exercise your creativity further—describe your character’s appearance! Eye colour, height, weight…
- Give people a taste of your character’s story, if you wish—add biographical information like their age, hometown, birthplace, and maybe even some tidbits of history to make people hungry to discover more by interacting with your character and roleplaying with you? Or hide others’ biography, if you prefer to discover that kind of thing through interaction.
What if your character’s appearance changes, say when they wear different clothes, or shapeshift into different forms? No problem: simply add another ‘profile’, and just change the fields you want to be different in that alternate profile. Select freely between the default and alternate profiles to suit your character’s mood, dress, form and so on! If you name a profile after an equipment set (Blizzard’s, ItemRack or Outfitter) or a form (druid, shaman, warlock, priest or worgen) MyRolePlay can even automatically change profile for you when you switch!
MyRolePlay has tremendous scope for creativity. It’s extremely fast and flexible—a roleplaying AddOn that lets you express your character however you wish! Use it as an aid to roleplaying, fleshing out your character’s “feel” or just helping you stumble into more roleplay… how you choose to use it is up to you!
Editing your profiles
Bring up the Character Sheet (“C” by default), and select the new MyRolePlay tab underneath. Click on a field to edit it.
Alternate profiles management: + to add a new alternate profile, - to delete or clear the profile, R to rename it. Fields that appear dimmed out are ‘inherited’ from the default profile—simply select to Change the fields you want to modify from that.
Further options (such as a choice of units to display height/weight) can be found in the Interface Options, AddOns tab, under MyRolePlay.
Where can I see other people’s details?
When you mouseover someone who has MyRolePlay (or another compatible roleplaying addon), you’ll see some of the extra roleplaying details they added in the tooltip, plus if they use MRP or another RP AddOn such as GHI (GryphonHeart Items) or T (Tongues), which is a handy hint that they're a roleplayer!
Want more information about their character than the tooltip provides, like the full description or history (where applicable)? Target them and click on the “MRP” information button that appears by the target frame, to browse their profile in a resizeable description window. (Or set a key combination in Key Bindings to bring up that window, or: /mrp show <charactername> or just /mrp show when you have them targeted.) You can target yourself and view your own profile as it appears to others in there, if you like, and if you want to move the MRP button, right-click to unlock it, drag it where you want it, and right–click again to lock it in place.
Hi guys. Ellypse from the Total RP 3 team here. I'm happy and honored to join the MyRolePlay project and provide you with bug fixes in the future :)
- Implemented a temporary workaround for the text cursor misalignment issue in multi line edit boxes introduced by patch 7.3. Blizzard is aware of this issue and is working on fixing their edit boxes. This workaround is not perfect, the font size is different and margins can appear at the end of the text, but at least the cursor is on the correct line when editing your description. This will do the trick until Blizzard fixes the issue on their end.
- Fixed the tab behavior on the character frame so that it is shown as selected when MyRolePlay is opened.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|MyRolePlay 22.214.171.1242||Release||7.3.0||7,094||Sep 21, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 126.96.36.1991||Release||7.3.0||5,783||Sep 18, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 410||Release||7.3.0||544||Sep 18, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 409||Release||7.3.0||207||Sep 18, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 188.8.131.528||Release||7.3.0||57||Sep 18, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 184.108.40.2067||Release||7.3.0||18,784||Aug 29, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 220.127.116.116.zip||Release||7.2.0||41,802||Mar 28, 2017|
|MyRolePlay 18.104.22.1685||Release||7.1.0||44,734||Oct 25, 2016|
|MyRolePlay 22.214.171.1244||Release||7.0.3||52,459||Jul 21, 2016|
|MyRolePlay 126.96.36.1993||Release||7.0.3||16,706||Jul 19, 2016|
|MyRolePlay 188.8.131.522||Release||6.2.0||110,124||Jun 23, 2015|
|MyRolePlay 184.108.40.2061||Release||6.1.0||52,265||Feb 24, 2015|
|MyRolePlay 220.127.116.110||Release||6.0.2||60,671||Oct 19, 2014|
|MyRolePlay 18.104.22.168||Release||6.0.2||2,434||Oct 18, 2014|
|MyRolePlay 22.214.171.1241||Release||6.0.2||24,228||Oct 15, 2014|
|MyRolePlay 126.96.36.199||Release||5.4.8||22,763||Sep 23, 2014|
|MyRolePlay 188.8.131.52||Release||5.4.0||25,129||Aug 19, 2014|
|MyRolePlay 184.108.40.206||Release||5.4.0||2,540||Aug 18, 2014|
|220.127.116.11||Release||5.4.0||48,889||Apr 21, 2014|
|18.104.22.168||Release||5.4.0||33,380||Feb 20, 2014|
|22.214.171.124||Release||5.4.0||3,228||Feb 20, 2014|
|126.96.36.199||Release||5.4.0||3,954||Feb 19, 2014|
|MyRolePlay-188.8.131.52||Release||5.4.0||8,185||Feb 18, 2014|
|184.108.40.206||Release||5.4.0||57,495||Sep 15, 2013|
|220.127.116.11||Release||5.3.0||35,831||Jun 15, 2013|
|18.104.22.168||Release||5.3.0||20,117||May 22, 2013|
|22.214.171.124||Release||5.2.0||31,756||Mar 5, 2013|
|126.96.36.199||Release||5.1.0||32,676||Dec 2, 2012|
|188.8.131.52||Release||5.0.4||36,317||Aug 28, 2012|
|184.108.40.206||Release||4.3.0||83,497||Nov 29, 2011|
|220.127.116.11||Release||4.2.0||17,265||Nov 26, 2011|
|18.104.22.168||Release||4.2.0||23,037||Nov 16, 2011|
|22.214.171.124||Release||4.2.0||22,226||Nov 1, 2011|
|126.96.36.199||Release||4.2.0||15,450||Oct 25, 2011|
|188.8.131.52||Release||4.2.0||31,161||Jun 28, 2011|
|184.108.40.206||Release||4.1.0||14,186||May 29, 2011|