Mistra's Diablo Orbs
Mistra's Diablo Orbs provides the user with a clean, aesthetically pleasing, and functional center piece for monitoring player health and mana. The orbs are fully fleshed-out, with smooth animated fillings, and multiple textures.
For improvements, bug fixes, and feature request statuses, please visit: https://trello.com/b/rqA0gQ3N/mistra-s-diablo-orbs
This addon provides the following:
- Health and Mana Orbs - each with full custom user colorization and several textures to choose from.
- A Pet Orb - one compact unit to monitor pet health/mana, aesthetically matching the health and mana orbs.
- Power tracking - Monks, Shadow Priests, Paladins, Warlocks, Rogues, and Feral druids will have a power tracking frame that will animate whenever their resource is capped. (Holy Power, the various forms of Soul Shards, combo points, etc)
- Plethora of options - Users are able to pick their own colors and formatting whenever they want via a new, easy-to-use GUI.
- No third party libraries - This addon is usable from the get-go, out of the box, and looks good without requiring heavy configuration.
- Accessible author - I'm the same guy who made the oUF_D3Orbs_Lightweight addon, and I'm always available for thoughts on improvements, additions, and bug reports.
Thank you for using Mistra's Diablo Orbs!
Q & A
- Q: How do I change my orb colors?
- A: There are a couple of ways for you to access the orb menu. You can type /mdo in the chat window and press Enter, or you can click on the Minimap Button.
- Q: How do I move things around?
- A: Simply hold shift, and click and drag any orb or frame around. You can move things to your heart's content!
- Q: Can I disable the Pet Orb, or any other element of the orbs?
- A: Yes, of course. The only elements you cannot disable are the Health and Mana orbs. Every additional frame is a user choice, and is up to you to use!
- Q: My health dropdown is acting funny, I can't seem to find the "Combat" option. What gives?
- A: Dropdowns are a tad finicky in WoW. While I look into this issue, you can get around it by simply selecting the "Mana Orb" option, and then re-selecting "Health Orb." It'll show up!
If you have any questions, bug reports, or feedback, please don't hesitate to let me know! I can be reached here on Curse, on the forums, or on the project site. Please don't be afraid to ask me a question or give me a suggestion. I will try and stay as accessible as possible.
- July 31, 2016
- Temporary fix for Enhancement / Elemental shamans - places the Maelstrom resource in the PowerTracker frame. This is made awkward by Shamans having to cast healing and support spells from their mana pool, while damage spells affect their Maelstrom resource. I will have a more elegant solution for this in the future.
- Fixes Warlock resource tracking. Warlocks just have Soul Shards now, instead of the complicated array of special powers, per specialization.
- Fixes Druid configuration and shapeshift problems.
- Fixes a bug in the GUI regarding a null reference.
- July 24, 2016
- Revises orb value formatting - players can choose between truncated, comma separated, or raw values, per orb.
- July 20, 2016
- Fixes a problem with an Alpha animation's SetChange function. Blizzard has updated this function to SetToAlpha, and SetFromAlpha.
- July 19, 2016
- Updates Version Number
- Verified Working in Legion
- February 24, 2015
- Adds a menu item to enable or disable the smoothing animation on the orbs. Re-organizes menu.
- Fixes a bug that occurred when turning disabling the "Track Combat" check button
- Fixes a bug that caused player health values to be swapped with vehicles they are not in control of when the VEHICLE_IN_USE event fires
- October 16, 2014
- Fixes druid shapeshift bug - Blizzard re-ordered the numeric IDs for shape shift forms.
- October 15, 2014
- Support for 6.0.2 added.
- February 10, 2014
- Support for 5.4.2 added.
- The option to toggle the default player frame has been added.
- March 13, 2013
- Support for 5.2 added.
- February 1, 2013
- Fixed my goof up with file names. Sorry!
- January 31, 2013
- Fixed some naming conflicts with other addons that were causing certain textures to not appear.
- September 27, 2012
- Added additional text formatting options for the Health and Mana orbs, similar to the Pet Orb.
- September 26, 2012
- The Power Tracker frame will now give a more accurate display of Burning Embers for Destruction Warlocks.
- September 25, 2012
- The Power Tracker frame will now monitor Shadow Orbs for Shadow Priests.
- The Power Tracker frame will now monitor Chi for Monks.
- Fixed an issue preventing Druids from seeing their selected mana colors when shape shifted as a Moonkin.
- August 30, 2012
- Fixed a global namespace issue.