A DPS maximiser module for the We Don't Wipe AddOn.
You will need the latest We Don't Wipe.
- Lead out with long cast Pyroblast if out of aggro
- Rune of Power with 2 charges, or with 0/1 charges and will have a charge ready for Combustion
- Combustion with sufficient Fire Blast/Flame On/Phoenix's Flames and a Hot Streak to lead in
+ Instant Hot Streaks using Blast/Flame On/Phoenix's Flames in that order
+ Followed by an instant Pyroblast
+ Cycle until Combustion expires. Small chance of a Dragon's Breath
- Convert Heating up to Hot Streak
+ Manage Fire Blast/Flame On/Phoenix's Flames with respect to Combustion availability
- Hot Streak without Combustion
- Meteor / Cinderstorm (Tier 7 - if talent taken)
- Living Bomb (Tier 6 - if talent taken)
- Blast Wave (Tier 4 - if talent taken)
- Fill with Fireballs
Fundamentals: Fire Mages are all about generating consecutive "crits" and making your Pyroblast an instant cast spell. There are two "rotations" to learn, one with Combustion active and the other for when it is on cool down. You are required to spam Fireball as the main effective way to generate crits. Three ways to convert a crit into a second / consecutive crit, called a Hot Streak, are provided: Flame Blast, Flame On, Phoenix's Flames. This AddOn manages all of the above, with emphasis on being ready for a Combustion phase.
AoE: WDW focuses upon single target, due to limitations with the WoW programming interface. To assist with AoE, enable the display of Meteor and Living Bomb and when you see a Pyroblast icon, replace it with Flame Strike. With Combustion still on cool down, replace Fire Blast with Phoenix's Flames.
Global Cool Down (GCD): Fire Blast is "off the GCD". This means that when you see it in your rotation, typically position #2, hit the key as soon as humanly possible after your previous ability. It also has an undocumented 500ms cool down, much less than a full 1.5s GCD so be ready to cast the next spell after Fire Blast very quickly. Practise! Combustion and Pyroblast do not cause a GCD so press the key for the next spell as soon as possible! Combustion and Fire Blast are castable while casting! Thus: Fireball -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> Fire Blast -> Pyroblast -> ... imagine the speed with which you can get that off!
Recommended Talents: Flame On and Rune of Power. You must take these.
Miscellany: Unlike other classes/specialisations, Fire Mages never need to be concerned about "mana", their power source.
From the chat line, the following modifiable parameters can be adjusted by you. The values are saved between sessions.
/wdw setr wait=n
Think of it as a leniency factor. I am trying to tightly forecast the timings of likely Combustion, Hot Streak, etc and working around various cool downs and recharges. When cool downs and recharges don't properly align then that is where "wait" comes in to play occasionally.
The value must be between 0 and 1.5 seconds. Default is 0.75. A higher value adversely affects your DPS. I personally use 0.15 at the moment.
You will see it in effect occasionally when an ability is in position #1 and yet it is still cooling down.
/wdw setr precast=y
Set this to "n" while doing questing or perhaps while fighting lower level mobs. The long cast time of Pyroblast is excruciating when you are in a hurry.
/wdw setr tier3=y
Whether or not to include Tier 3 talents in your rotation. Principally to avoid being nagged to refresh Rune of Power while questing. Mirror Image is only ever used in a Combustion phase but will also be switched off. Incanter's Flow is passive so will always be active.
/wdw setr tier4=y
Whether or not to include Tier 4 talents in your rotation. Blast Wave, if taken, will appear in your rotation on a "use when ready" basis. Flame On is not affected by this parameter as this highly recommended talent is integrated into your rotation. Controlled Burn is also unaffected as it is a passive talent.
/wdw setr tier6=n
Whether or not to include Tier 6 talents in your rotation. Specifically Living Bomb as the other talents are passive. For a single target rotation this talent is of little interest and ignored by default. You'd rather be generating Heating Up buffs with your Fireball.
/wdw setr tier7=n
Whether or not to include Tier 7 talents in your rotation. Specifically Meteor or Cinderstorm as Kindling is passive. For a single target rotation these might be of interest but they are currently ignored by default.
List the parameters for this module.
Updates & Favourites
Why not make We Don't Wipe - Fire Mage a Favourite and/or use the Curse Installer?
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies & beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate to lend your support! because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
v3.03 - 10th September 2016
- Remove all reference to "uptoyou" parameter as it was not actually used and just bloated things
- Tier 3 parameter ignored for the newly written RoP routine. Doh!
v3.02 - 7th September 2016
- Phoenix added
- new "wait" parameter
- Fireball precedes Pyroblast now
- totally rewritten based upon player feedback. Above are the major features
- Requires WDW v5.03
v3.01 - 30th August 2016
- Add tier3 option
- Was not testing the other tier parameters
- Remove unnecessary RoP logic
- Likewise "Finalise" had unnecessary code
v3.00 - 30th August 2016
- Rewrite for Legion
v2.03 - 12th November 2015
- Module MUST use v4.11 of main module due to show stopping bug fix for Mages with Incanter's Flow
- Really should be using WDW v4.10 so forced to this
- Prismatic Crystal added
- Disallow Inferno Blast if have Pyro! and HU active as this causes the original Pyro! to be wasted.
- Blast Wave now works in nicely with Incanter's Flow (at max) and fixed charge CD code
- Meteor added
- Dragon's Breath now queued as per cooldown and as it should in the queue
- Blast Wave now appears as it should in the queue
- Online description text changed, incl. advice, removing "beta" notice, rotation listing
- Force WDW dependency to v4.09 due to small spellbook cache update in WDW. To support Incanter's Flow
- Warlords of Draenor updates - totally redone. Patch 6.2
- Version number bump for Patch 6.0.3
- Version number bump for Patch 5.4 and updated some rotation notes