Ludwig is an ingame item database addon. What makes it different from similar addons? Well, mainly it:
- Includes all existing items right from the start
- Searches trough more than 80 thousand items in a blink
- Allows you to easly type any item [[link] into the chat
- Mostly Load on Demand
- /lw or /ludwig - Brings up the search frame
- /lw <name> - Prints out a list in the chat window of the top 10 items matching <name>
Simply type two brackets followed by the item name and a closing bracket in the end (ex: [[Staff]). Ludwig will automatically convert it into the item link, and make suggestions as you type the name. Handy, isn't it?
- This version only works on English clients!
- Source code for Ludwig can be found on GitHub.
- This version fixes all previous issues with the database.
- Completly rewrote database generation procedure.
- Redesigned database storage.
- Linking items in chat is now functional again.
- Item category dropdown contents are now generated on demand.
- Updated for Legion.
- Updated for WoW 6.1.
- Fixed issue with frame positioning.
- Fixed preventing links generated by the addon from showing in the chat frame.
- Fixed issue preventing slash commands from working properly.
- Fixed bug issue in the linkerator generating error messages but having no effect.
- Updated database with new items and categories.
- Updated for The Iron Tide.
- Added LibDataBroker support (for addons such as Titan, Bagnon, ChocolateBar, or ButtonBin).
- Fixed all isues preventing the linkerator from working properly.
- Links can now be posted to chat.
- Whitespace characters are no longer ignored.
- Largely optimized linkerator's performance (about 15 times faster). It now delivers results in realtime.
- Reduced database size by 10%. This means less memory usage and slighly faster searches.
- Improved search by level performance.
- Updated for Siege of Ogrimmar.
- Updated for patch Escalation.
- Added some missing items.
- Updated database for patch The Thunder King.
- Updated database to patch 5.1: Landfall.
- Updated database for Mists of Pandaria
- Jaliborc: Fixed a bug causing wrong items to be shown for leather, mail and plate slots
- Jaliborc: Items are now organized by level as well
- Jaliborc: No more "Jaliborc:" tag from now on. If no tag is here, it means it was me.
- Jaliborc: Completly rewritten the categories dropdown to fix a bug
- Jaliborc: Updated for patch 4.2
- Jaliborc: Included all Firelands items
- Jaliborc: Now works with 4.1
- Jaliborc: Completely redesigned and improved
- Jaliborc: Includes all items in-game right from the start
- Jaliborc: Searches trough thousands of items in a blaze
- Jaliborc: Mostly Load on Demand
- Jaliborc: Only works on English clients. Versions for other clients should be released in a close future.
- Added linkerator support for multiple chat frames
- Fixed a bug when linking an item from the chat frame.
- Added compatibility with WoW 3.3.5
- Bumped TOC for 3.3
- Bumped TOC for 3.2
- TOC Bump + Potential WIM bugfix
- Added "Heirloom" option to quality selector
- Fixed a bug causing the DB to be reloaded on item scroll
- Cleaned up the code a bit. Still need to work on the GUI/localization
- Altered slash commands. See addon description for details.
- Bumped the max item ID to check from 40k to 60k. Glyphs, etc, should now appear.
- Fixed a crash issue when linking tradeskills
- Made Wrath compatible
- Seems to be causing a lot more CPU usage now, will investigate later
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|7.0.0||Release||7.0.3||1,642||Jul 19, 2016|
|7.0.0||Release||7.0.3||80||Jul 19, 2016|
|6.0.2||Release||6.0.2||4,791||Dec 6, 2014|
|6.0.1||Release||6.0.2||411||Dec 5, 2014|
|6.0.0||Release||6.0.2||1,875||Oct 14, 2014|
|6.0.0||Release||6.0.2||13||Oct 14, 2014|
|5.4.2||Release||5.4.0||2,864||Mar 17, 2014|
|5.4.1||Release||5.4.0||2,060||Nov 25, 2013|
|5.4.0||Release||5.4.0||590||Nov 19, 2013|
|5.3.0||Release||5.3.0||2,417||May 21, 2013|
|5.2.1||Release||5.2.0||728||May 5, 2013|
|5.2.0||Release||5.2.0||1,362||Mar 7, 2013|
|2.0.5||Release||5.1.0||1,819||Nov 30, 2012|
|2.0.4||Release||5.0.4||2,234||Aug 8, 2012|
|2.0.3||Release||4.2.0||10,023||Sep 14, 2011|
|2.0.2||Release||4.2.0||2,679||Aug 28, 2011|
|2.0.1||Release||4.2.0||3,481||Jun 30, 2011|
|2.0.0||Beta||4.1.0||599||May 21, 2011|
|1.8.7||Release||3.3.5||9,340||Aug 26, 2010|
|1.8.6||Release||3.3.5||566||Jun 25, 2010|
|1.8.5||Release||3.3.5||371||Jun 21, 2010|
|1.8.3||Release||3.3.0||106||Dec 7, 2009|
|1.8.2||Release||3.2.0||42||Aug 4, 2009|
|1.8.1||Release||3.1.0||43||Apr 12, 2009|
|1.8.0||Release||3.0.9||44||Feb 20, 2009|
|1.8.0||Release||3.0.9||33||Feb 19, 2009|
|1.7.2||Release||3.0.3||99||Nov 13, 2008|
|1.7.1||Release||3.0.2||16||Oct 28, 2008|
|1.7.0-Release||Release||3.0.2||28||Oct 13, 2008|
|1.7.0||Beta||3.0.2||21||Sep 14, 2008|
|1.6.0||Release||2.4.0||92||Mar 24, 2008|
|1.5.1||Release||2.3.0||23||Dec 27, 2007|
|1.5.0||Release||2.3.0||31||Nov 12, 2007|
|1.4.0||Release||2.2.0||25||Sep 24, 2007|
|1.3||Release||2.1.3||16||Jul 20, 2007|
|1.2||Release||2.1.3||15||Jul 14, 2007|
|1.1||Release||2.1.2||18||Jun 29, 2007|
|1.0||Release||2.1.0||20||May 22, 2007|
|7.2.8||Release||2.0.6||23||Feb 8, 2007|
|7.1.13||Release||2.0.3||56||Jan 12, 2007|