Clicking on web-links (http:// or www.) will open a window to copy the link to your clipboard.
Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Skype, e-mail and BattleTags are also supported.
You can also Alt-click hyperlinks (items, spells, etc) in chat to make web-links for them.
That way you can instantly create a link for the wowhead page of an item or even just simple google search by it's name.
Search-providers supported for hyperlinks: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wowhead, WowDB, Battle.net, Buffed.De, JudgeHype.
Example: If you Alt-click an hyperlink (i.e [Epic Sword of awesome]) in chat. You will then be shown a direct link to that item's page on Wowhead.com
Please post bugreports and feature requests on the Curseforge.com project page
Version 1.3.2 (2017-09-09) -Wow patch 7.3.0
- Updated .TOC for WOW patch 7.3.0
- Fixed PlaySound() error when changing settings (reported by transitbus).
Version 1.3.1 (2017-06-04) -Wow patch 7.2.0
- Wowhead will now point to their Korean or Chinese version of the website when needed.
- Battle.net search-providers have been removed as the sites no longer support searching for ingame items and even simple search provide no useful info.
- Addon-settings like the 'Alt-clicking in bank, etc' will now be properly applied after reload (reported by RavenDT).
Version 1.3.0 (2017-03-31) -Wow patch 7.2.0
- Updated .TOC for WOW patch 7.2.0
- You can now Alt-click items under the new Sets tab in the Appearances collection (wardrobe).
- Alt-Clicking items in the Transmogrify UI and Appearances collection (wardrobe) will now work again.
- Alt-Clicking on quests in the objectives tracker should now work better (world quests are still not consistent).
Version 1.2.9 (2017-02-05) -Wow patch 7.1.5
- Will no longer throw lua error when used with ElvUI due to missing eventhandler (reported by Ringeltangel).
Version 1.2.8 (2017-01-23) -Wow patch 7.1.5
- Added Spanish (Mexico) localization (by Lawghter).
Version 1.2.7 (2017-01-16) -Wow patch 7.1.5
- Added Russian localization (by dartraiden).
- Alt-clicking normal quests should work again.
- Clicking world quests in the objectives tracker will now (sometimes) work.
Version 1.2.6 (2016-10-25) -Wow patch 7.1.0
- Updated .TOC for WOW patch 7.1.0
- Alt-clicking shareable links for Twitter will no longer trigger the addon.
Version 1.2.5 (2016-09-08) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- Alt-clicking Battle.net player names and Chat-channel names (Trade, LocalDefence, etc) in default chat will no longer trigger the addon.
- Wowhead: Alt-clicking Order Hall Champion's should now point to the proper page.
Version 1.2.4 (2016-08-29) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- Alt-clicking in collections (Mounts, Pets, Toys etc) should interact better with other addons loaded too.
Version 1.2.3 (2016-08-04) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- You can now directly Alt-click lines in the reputation (factions) tab.
- You can now directly Alt-click lines in the currency tab.
- Added Chinese, Simplified localization (by aenerv7).
- Reformatted settings page to work with chinese fonts sizes.
- Added Baidu.com as search provider.
- Wowhead and WowDB now supports faction lookup.
- Buffed.de now support faction and currency lookup.
Version 1.2.2 (2016-07-30) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- Addon should now work with the "Rematch" addon. Alt-clicking in the pet journal window should now work as with default UI.
- Will no longer throw LUA error when encountering an already url-encoded link (reported by soulwhip).
Version 1.2.1 (2016-07-16) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- Alt-clicking tradeskill recipes will now use the spellID instead of a simple search based on its name if possible.
- Buffed.de and JudgeHype: Now support using NPC-id numbers
Version 1.2.0 (2016-07-07) -Wow patch 7.0.3
- Updated .TOC for WOW patch 7.0.3
- Addon now supports the new Appearances tab (wardrobe).
- You can now directly Alt-click items in the Talent and Honor Talent frame.
- Addon now hooks into HandleModifiedItemClick. This reduces the amount of code needed.
- Colorpicker in settings now works with Legion.
Version 1.1.9 (2016-03-26) -Wow patch 6.2.4
- Addon should now work with the "Total RP 3" (TRP3) addon (reported by hadook13).
- If TRP3 is enabled then LinksInchat will use an alternate method for handling web-links in the default chat-frames.
Version 1.1.8 (2016-01-27) -Wow patch 6.2.3
- Addon will now highlight more strings that look like urls (server.domain.com:1234) (requested by pas06).
Version 1.1.7 (2016-01-16) -Wow patch 6.2.3
- Will no longer throw LUA error due to strange behavior from SpartanUI (reported by faceoh).
Version 1.1.6 (2016-01-15) -Wow patch 6.2.3
- Updated German localization (by pas06).
Version 1.1.5 (2016-01-02) -Wow patch 6.2.3
- IP addresses written in IPv4 format is now supported. I.e '127.0.0.1' and '127.0.0.1:8080' (requested by Bartoutofthebox).
- IP addresses written in IPv6 format is now supported. I.e 'ABC:567:0:0:8888:9999:1111:0' and '[ABC:567::8888:9999:1111:0]:8080'.
- Note that some short handed formatting of IPv6 addresses (like simply '::5' or '10:45:20::') is not enabled to prevent mismatches with emotes, timestamps, ascii-art etc.
Version 1.1.4 (2015-12-29) -Wow patch 6.2.3
- Will no longer show a weblink when just the protocol name is typed (i.e 'www.' or 'http:/' but nothing else).
Version 1.1.3 (2015-07-16) -Wow patch 6.2.0
- You can now directly Alt-click items in the quest-reward frame.
- You can now directly Alt-click spells in the spellbook.
- Addon should now work with the "ElvUI" addon.
- "/link" should no longer output links whith 'nil' in them.
Version 1.1.2 (2015-07-09) -Wow patch 6.2.0
- Updated .TOC for WOW patch 6.2.0
- You can now type "/link" in chat and get a link for your current target or mouseover npc/object/item.
- Wowhead and WowDB: Advanced support for NPC hyperlinks added.
- WowDB: Itemlinks with bonus-data now supported.
- Itemlinks without bonus data will no longer show empty ?bonus= in their url.
- Links for items with bonus stats are working again.
Version 1.1.1 (2015-02-28) -Wow patch 6.1.0
- You can now directly Alt-click items in the Heirlooms frame.
- You can now directly Alt-click Pet abilities in the Pet Journal.
- You can now directly Alt-click garrison missions and followers in the Garrison UI.
- Addon should now work with the "Prat 3.0" addon.
- If Prat is loaded then LinksInChat will disable its own URL-highlighting.
- Prat will then handles the parsing of web-links (email, http://) so it will not support all the weblink types that LinksInChat does (battletag, etc).
- Wowhead and WowDB: advanced support for Battlepet-abilities, Garrison missions, Follower-abilities and Follower hyperlinks added.
- Will no longer cause taint-error from the Blizzard_SocialUI.
- Alt-clicking in Mountjournal, PetFrames and Toybox is working again.
Version 1.1.0 (2015-02-24) -Wow patch 6.1.0
- Hyperlinks now are clickable again in the "WoW Instant Messenger" (WIM) addon's frames.
Version 1.0.9 (2015-02-23) -Wow patch 6.1.0
Addon should now work with the "WoW Instant Messenger" (WIM) addon (reported by Managed).
- ALT-clicking hyperlinks in WIM-frames will now work.
- WIM handles the parsing of web-links (http: www.) in its own frames so it will not support all the weblink types that LinksInChat does (email, battletag, teamspeak etc).
- If WIM is enabled then LinksInchat will use an alternate method for handling web-links in the default chat-frames (i.e those frames not created by WIM).
Version 1.0.8 (2015-02-22) -Wow patch 6.1.0
Updated .TOC for WOW patch 6.1.0
Version 1.0.7 (2015-02-17) -Wow patch 6.0.3
- Alt-clicking questitems in the objectives tracker should no longer trigger taint-errors (reported by WarrTankFTW).
Version 1.0.6 (2015-01-05) -Wow patch 6.0.3
- Weakauras links should no longer fail (reported by dez101).
Version 1.0.5 (2015-01-01) -Wow patch 6.0.3
You can now directly Alt-click items in your grouplootframe (Need/Greed/Disenchant roll) and with NPC-Vendors.
You can now directly Alt-click reagents in the tradeskill frame (engineering, mining, enchanting, etc).
You can now directly Alt-click quest/achievements in the objectives tracker and questlog.
You can now directly Alt-click loot in the dungeon journal.
- Alt-Clicking should no longer conflict with other addons that hook into the Achievement UI.
- Will no longer trigger lua-error when opening Black Market Auction House.
- If the 'Auctioneer' addon is enabled then Alt-clicking in the Action House will not be enabled (reported by Visual).
- Dropdown menus in the settings page now uses a local copy of UIDropDown to (hopefully) prevent taint-issues (reported by Visual).
Version 1.0.4 (2014-11-18) -Wow patch 6.0.3
You can now directly Alt-click items in your lootframe, bags, bank, guildbank and voidstorage.
Integrated support for the addon 'Bagnon'.
Version 1.0.3 (2014-11-11) -Wow patch 6.0.3
You can now directly Alt-click items in your toybox, petjournal and mountjurnal.
- Spells will use the correct url when using Wowhead as the search provider.
Version 1.0.2 (2014-10-14) -Wow patch 6.0.2
Added a proper German translation (by Tonyleila).
Added Startpage.com (ixquick) and DuckDuckGo.com as search providers.
- Fixed crash when creating simple-search uri's with punctuation chars in them (' " : etc)
Version 1.0.1 (2014-10-05) -Wow patch 6.0.2
Updated .TOC for WOW patch 6.0.2
Added support for itemlinks with bonus-data for search providers that support this (Wowhead only for now).
You can now directly Alt-click items in your character frame and when inspecting other players.
You can now directly Alt-click achievements in the achievement frame.
You can now directly Alt-click listings in the auction house and black market.
- Fixed error happening on lower end machines when resolving battlepet links
Version 1.0.0 (2014-05-15) -Wow patch 5.4.7
First version released
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Links in Chat v1.3.2||Release||7.3.0||6,024||Sep 9, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.3.1||Release||7.2.0||7,703||Jun 4, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.3.0||Release||7.2.0||5,790||Mar 31, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.2.9||Release||7.1.5||5,233||Feb 5, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.2.8||Release||7.1.5||3,366||Jan 23, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.2.7||Release||7.1.5||2,764||Jan 16, 2017|
|Links in Chat v1.2.6||Release||7.1.0||5,516||Oct 25, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.5||Release||7.0.3||4,201||Sep 8, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.4||Release||7.0.3||2,107||Aug 29, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.3||Release||7.0.3||2,345||Aug 4, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.2||Release||7.0.3||1,261||Jul 30, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.1||Release||7.0.3||1,898||Jul 16, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.2.0||Release||7.0.3||183||Jul 7, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.9||Release||6.2.4||2,467||Mar 26, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.8||Release||6.2.3||1,742||Jan 27, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.7||Release||6.2.3||633||Jan 22, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.6||Release||6.2.3||733||Jan 15, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.5||Release||6.2.3||956||Jan 2, 2016|
|Links in Chat v1.1.4||Release||6.2.3||642||Dec 29, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.1.3||Release||6.2.0||2,521||Jul 16, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.1.2||Release||6.2.0||751||Jul 9, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.1.1||Release||6.1.0||1,868||Feb 27, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.1.0||Release||6.1.0||768||Feb 24, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.9||Release||6.1.0||234||Feb 23, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.8||Release||6.1.0||265||Feb 22, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.7||Release||6.0.3||531||Feb 17, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.6||Release||6.0.3||939||Jan 5, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.5||Release||6.0.3||347||Jan 1, 2015|
|Links in Chat v1.0.4||Release||6.0.3||776||Nov 17, 2014|
|Links in Chat v1.0.3||Release||6.0.3||308||Nov 11, 2014|
|Links in Chat v1.0.2||Release||6.0.2||358||Oct 14, 2014|
|Links in Chat v1.0.1||Release||6.0.2||82||Oct 5, 2014|
|Links in Chat v1.0.0||Release||5.4.7||546||May 15, 2014|