GSE allows you create a sequence of macros to be executed at the push of a button. Like a /castsequence macro, it cycles through a series of commands when the button is pushed. However, unlike castsequence, it uses macro text for the commands instead of spells, and it advances every time the button is pushed instead of stopping when it can't cast something. This means if a spell is on cooldown and you push the button it will continue to the next item in the list with each press until it reaches the end and starts over. It comes with an editor and everything you need to get started.
GSE2 is a complete rewrite of GSE. The video below has a summary of the UI changes.
For more information on the changes in GSE2 see GSE2 Screenshots
- Sequential, Priority and Internal loop Macro Templates
- In-game Editor
- Import Macros fro the www.wowlazymacros.com website
- Syntax Highlighting
- Share Macro In-game
- Macro Debugger
- Macro Recorder
- Translate Macros (Optional Dependency)
- Starter Sample Macros Included (Build upon example macros)
- Enable/Disable various options/annoyance fixes (use trinkets, error sounds, require target, etc.)
- And more...
Older Historical Videos.
- GS-E 1.3 Ingame editor https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZxXCb0CBXk
- GnomeSequencer-Enhanced 101 for those who have never use GnomeSequencer-Enhanced or GnomeSequencer https:youtu.be/zXMNuHDx3H0
- Classwide Macros and new stuff in 1.0.3 - https:youtu.be/RJXgcqTNaH4
- Getting Started, The Sequence Editor and Options - https:youtu.be/2guI0qW6AfI
- For Users of original Gnome Sequencer - https:www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m9p-l594tw
- WLM HP Macros https:mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gs-e-wlm-highperformance-macros
- Druid Macros https:mods.curse.com/addons/wow/druid-macro-plugin-gse
- Hunter Macros https:mods.curse.com/addons/wow/hunter-macro-plugin-gse
- Ðarkramz Ðarkramz is the man
For more information
I don't watch or follow comments on Curse. If you have an issue GitHub is the place to look.
- #327 Using the Any Shift, Any Control and Any Alt reset key modifiers would result in a crash of GSE2.
- #322 Macro names 'WW' breaks GSE for Monks.
- Send in Editor button prompts ClassID error #319
- Create Icon not swapping to Delete Icon if macro already exists when selected in browser bug #320
- Step Function generation is selecting LoopPriority instead of Priority when not an internal loop macro. #302
- Priority checks and update for #302
- TOC updates for 7.2.5
- localization errors - 2.1.01-beta3 #310
- GSE 2.1.01 Beta 1 is giving Lua errors #307
- Verify location after character login in so macros are initialised with correct location config bug #292
- Command line option to scan and fix errors - /gs checkmacrosforerrors #305
- Filter by Spec - hide macros for other specs #298
- Allow import copy/paste from IE/Edge #306
- Editing a global macro creates a class-specific clone instead #297
- Identify and handle macros with errors enhancement #300
- /gs updatemacrostrings and GUI options to update Macro Stubs for Macro Resets #294
- TOC and Library Update for 7.2 #293
- Localisation updates for #257
- logic update to match StepFunction Assignment #276
- Extra Unit Tests for #276
- Heroic not saving state in editor #263
- Change Help on Export from "" to [] #260
- Improve efficiency of Transmission enhancement #256
- TOC returns a nil version to Transmission. #255
- Not setting a reset combination causes a LUA Error Bug #253
- Cannot expand code box (horizontally)... enhancement #212
- 2.0.14 Typing "/gs help" or "/gs cleanorphans" Errors bug #241
- When Importing via the GUI add a Tick Box to automatically create the Icon for this macro enhancement #250
- Add Modifier options to reset a macro enhancement - #236
- Change scope of button to gsebutton to prevent conflict with RaidAchievement enhancement #251
- Remove Legacy Adaptor from GSE2.1 - Make available as a seperate download enhancement #249
- Add Dungeon and Heroic Dungeon configuration options enhancement #240
- Complete removal of target=true code
- Fix collisions to check that the new MacroVersion is the same as an existing version. #239
- Include GSE Version Number in Macro Export enhancement #228
Target=true is now a blocked action stopping Macro Execution. #235
- Transmission - arithmetic on nil error when grouped. #234
- LoopPriority implementation following sequential implemetation within loop bug #233
- Trace why some macros are going to Global (GSELibrary) when they have a valid SpecID #188
- Parser not handling two sets of 's in a macro bug #230
- Error when trying to save a Global Macro #225
- Simplified Chinese Translation enhancement #229
- Icons are not updating for lines in Castsequence macros - Action Bar Icon always question mark #174
- Direct table creation is not permitted bug #224
- Check for comma in name #226
- Can't use reset bug #219
- Option 'Require Target to use' not functioning #207
- Add Ability to Disable Login Messages enhancement #217
- Consolidate import into one box and remove the radio buttons. Dont open Viewer until save action has completed enhancement #216
- Hunter Pet Abilities do not appear to be recognized #213
- Transmission - Send Macro Interface #191
- Internal Loops Not Working bug #214
- GSE2 Macro Text Parser dropping certain combinations of macro modifiers. bug #201
- Opening GSE Viewer changes default text to center alignment bug #199
- PreMacro and looping #204
- Create ability to reset options to defaults. - /gs resetoptions #215
- Create macro for wrong class returns an error #209
- Priority Type Macro Exports as Sequential... #211
- PreMacro and looping #204
- Option 'Require Target to use' not functioning #207
- Priority Dropdown list not retaining value in 2.0.5
- Editing a Macro Automatically saves and changes the stored macro #171
- After Import Macro is not able to fire until a reloadui has occured, #169
- No Macro Loaded Window Spam #193
- Macros stopped working since latest patch #195
- Error in Storage.lua:217 thrown when no Global Macros present bug #197
For those having trouble importing can you please check if this resolves your challenges.
- Global Macro not getting a default version. - throwing storage error on login. #177
- Command task to resort macros into classes enhancement #187
- Add Sorting Labels to Macro Viewer so that sorted macros are easier to understand enhancement #185
<b>/gs movelostmacros</b> will move any macros that had a valid SpecID that have imported into the wrong place.
- Localisation Updates for non enUS #181
- Have to Create icon after every logout, login and reload #170
- Editor is setting Specialisation to Name rather than ID #184
- Fix regression introduced by #165 - Identify missing spells
- Identify missing Spell ID’s for non enUS clients enhancement – #165 opened an hour ago by TimothyLuke
- Error on login on Shaman – no macros work bug – #162 opened 19 hours ago by Luckrider
- Create Global Macro Buttons enhancement – #166 opened 26 minutes ago by TimothyLuke
- Sort Macros by name in GSE enhancement – #154 opened a day ago by TimothyLuke
- Show Import errors enhancement – #164 by TimothyLuke was closed 3 hours ago
- Helplink is not rendering for Custom URL’s – #167 by TimothyLuke was closed 3 minutes ago
- Complete rewrite from scratch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9d0vjdACE
- Race Condition when importing a macro
- Fix for Soul Cleave for #113
- Debugging for Internal loop #114
- Add an icon to the viewer and allow it to drag off the Macro. #84
- Update DraikMacros to be administratively disabled. #110
- Add cancelform and startattack to the list of valid actions #115
- Prot and Ret Macro updates for Paladins
- New Macro Type Internal Loop
- Macro Recorder.
- 7.1 API changes
Sequence Editor Bug Fixes
Sequence Editor Bug Fixes
More packagin corrections.
Packaging Correction for 1.4.0
General Execution Changes
- Macros automatically reset when out of combat
- Global option to change this back to the old behaviour
- Put the editor in a Scrolling Frame so that Help Text can be added
- Separate Save and Close
- Add Transmit Button
- Dont have to reload when changing StepFunction
- On Click popup a window with a text box that has a battletag, charname etc with OK to send the current macro. If the user has all macros displayed they can send macros for other classes.
- Add a LDB button for /gsse
- Left Click - GSSE
- RightClick - Debug interface
Create a GUI for Debugging.
- Create a frame with a text box and a Enable/Disable, Pause, Clear, Options buttons
- Add a timer to watch GSDebugOutput and append that to the end of the text box.
- /gsse debug console command
Default Sequence Debug to be off.
Sequence's are now able to be Debugged. This feature is in the Debug Options.
Full Change Log at https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/milestone/8?closed=1
Full Release Notes available: https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/milestone/7?closed=1
- Version Check record to allor for SendMessage to be resuable #34
- update debug output for #82
- Change whitespace for #83
- GSDebugDumpButton api for #82
- TOC Changes
- Initial send/receive sequence via internal comm channel #34
- More localisation fixes #77
- Macro Updates for Mage and Paladin Macros
Change ipairs to pairs to fix an unexpected api change.
Release Notes available at : https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/issues?q=is:issue milestone:1.3.5 is:closed
Curse Packager missed Ace-GUI
Full fix list is located at https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/milestone/3?closed=1
Many Bug Fixes
Full fix list is located at https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/milestone/4?closed=1
Allow users to disable a sequence
Auto Create Macro Stubs on sequence load if the spec matchs the curresnt users spec
New Button to create a New Sequence
International Client Fixes
Its all in game now!
Preview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZxXCb0CBXk
Full Change Notes: https://github.com/TimothyLuke/GnomeSequenced-Enhanced/milestone/2?closed=1
* Bug fixes for non-English clients
* /gs clean shortcut for /gs cleanorphans
* The translator will now load in your language if your client is not english. You only need the translator now if you want to translate between non English languages eg deDE to frFR
Bug Fixes for Untranslatable spells and Error Text turning itself on.
Type hidden in Sequence Editor
Translation problem bug - #37
Refactor isempty() to be a global enhancement - #31
Allow users to change colours enhancement - #30
Add /use [combat] 2 neck option enhancement - #29
Add global option to create macros with the ? Icon enhancement - #27
Turning on the Translator needs a reloadui to take effect. bug enhancement - #26
Editor Syntax Highlighting enhancement - #22
Handle user with more that 120 macros. bug - #18
Check for combat before opening SequenceEditor enhancement - #9
Nil check for Sequence Editor bug enhancement - #6
Fixed Ring and Trinkets requiring a reload
Added a global option on using the Question Mark Icon in a Sequence.
Fixes for Translator
Changes for Trinkets and Rings
Even More debugging.
Fixes for a bunch of DraikMacros that I broke !
Fixes for malformed sequences in DraikMacros. Sequences need to be well formed for the translator to understand them To make this work mods and conditionals like target=combat need to be [target=combat]
Wackamole on 1.1.2
Fixed a nil pointer in the editor caused by the fix for 1.1.1
Fixed nil pointer on translating a sequence without a Pre or Post Macro in the Sequence Editor
GS-E Translator Support. The translator is a seperate addon but once installed will allow you to use GS-E Sequences in your native language. It will automatically translate sequences for your class as you log in and the Editor will have extra translation options.
Debug Mode - A lot of debugging output to verify that global options and the translater are behaving as expected.
New Global Option for target hopping protection - /stopmacro [@playertarget, noexists]
The Save button in the editor has been removed. The CLose button now saves an edited Sequence
New Macros for Hunters and some updates to existing macros
New Rogue Macro
New Mage Macro
How to select a custom icon for a sequence
Updated Macros for Druids, Priests, Death Knights, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks and Druids
Hopefully the end of the /gs hangs
Mod Debug Output
Fixed handling of malformed sequences. No more hangs on /gs
A ton of Bug Fixes.
Rogue Subtlety and Assination
Kill the Noise' Disc macros
Survival Hunter Macros
Fixes to Options and clarification around the Custom Script Dialog
Fixes to the Sequence Editor SpecID exporter
Corrections to the Frosty Macro
New /gs cleanorphans command
1.0 - Legion 7.0.3 Release. All Bundled Macros are now marked as DB_Macroname
0.7 - Bugfixes to Sequence Editor and Added Processing Options
0.6 - Bugfixes to 0.5 Sequence Editor. Also GitHub fixes for CRLF
0.5 - In game Sequence editor /gsse
0.4.2a refactor fixes
0.4.2 - /gs also opens the Macro panel to make it easier to access macros. Updated macros for most specs.
0.4.1 - Minor bug fixes
0.4 - Adds more macros and when using the /gs command adds any macros for your spec into the /macros interface ready for use.
0.3 - Legion Macros. All 6.2.4 macros removed. From this point on this is Legion only
0.2 - Addon Pack Support. Split into GS-Core, GS-DraikMacros
0.1 - GS-E proof of concept. All in one.