This is a special addon, it has no interface, but it can speak. It is SOUND ALERT addon leads you to become GLADIATOR, so having the name GladiatorlosSA.
This addon will alert spells using customized voice. For example, when you are in BG or arena, an enemy uses his pvp trinket, a voice of "Trinket" will come out. It can alert many spells(100+), each spell can be selected on or off. The voice sets made by TTS(text-to-speech) is Neospeech US English female Julie. The default voice changes by your locale.
Type /gsa or /gladiatorlossa to config. you can select voice set, enable area and which ability to alert
For other languages
Now GladiatorlosSA support English voice and maybe more other voices in the future. But avoiding to make the addon too large, other voice sets will be downloaded and installed separately by yourself. Here is the list for other voice packs. If anyone want to maintain or add new GSA plugins for other language, plz email or PM me.
- German ( Abandoned )
- Alert invisible abilities such as mage's cold snap, rogue's preparation, hunter's readiness, and all interrupt spells.
- In arena it can alert the class name when the enemy use pvp trinket.(default is off, and just alert "trinket")
- Alert big heal for all the four healers' most powerful healing abilities(eg Divine Light, Healing Touch).
- Alert drinking, resurrection, reviving pet and summon demons.
- Be silent when the buff isn't at or the spell isn't used by your target or focus.(default is off)
- Alert when friendly interrupt successfully.
- Add your own sound file and alert easily.
- Gender detection ( with proper Voice Pack set )
Why I can't hear any sound of the addon?
- Make sure your sound effect is open and your sound volume isn't very low.
- Check if you have disabled your current area in the "enable area" options, check if you have disabled the spells you just want to hear.
I want to hear the addon voice only, with no other game sound, can I?
- Yes, you can! Just turn down the volume of game sound -> sound effect, music and ambience, But NOT the master volume. Now the new beta version of GSA use the master sound channel.
How to change the addon volume with the game sound volume unchanged?
- Addon volume is based on the game volume by default but can be set to other output : Master / SFX(discution) / Ambience or Music and then change the volume in the main Wow menu
- The alternate way is to change the volume of sound files by yourself using for exemple a software called "Audacity". Here is an exemple on how to do : #C397
How to add my own voice file and alert?
- Add your own file eg. myspell.mp3 (must be .mp3 or .ogg here) in the file folder /Interface/AddOnss/GladiatorlosSA/Voice_Custom.(by default, but you can also use any other one under your wow root)
- Type /gsa to show the config, then select "Custom", add and config your sound alerts here.
Here is an exemple for Bestial Wrath : #C387
- Note that : Instant spell don't have a SPELL_CAST_START just a SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS
- I will complete this basic list later.
How to make my own voice set?
- If you want a voice set other than English/Russian/French/Chinese/Korean, try to make your voice files with the same names as the files in the folder "Voice_enUS", then copy and overwrite the original files. Select "English (female)" in game, then your own voice set works.
- If your voice set is very good, and you want to share it with others, just email me and add your voice files as attachment or send me a PM.
- Abatorlos (of Spinebreaker) is the original author.
- DuskAshes is one of the Chinese version maintainers.
- N30Ex is one of the maintainers at MoP
- zuhligan is one of the maintainers after WoD and the French version maintainer.
- jungwan2 is the maintainer of the Korean version.
- Mini_Dragon is the maintainer of the Chinese version after WoD.
- version 2.3.6
- "Drinking" in arena fixed ( thx to HTB1980 for the idea )
- "Drinking" genders detection in arena added.
- "Die By The Sword" added. (dieByTheSword.ogg dieByTheSwordDown.ogg)
- version 2.3.5
- Korean locale updated (by jungwan2)
- Moderate Insight added (moderateInsight.ogg)
- enUS Male_voice (Will) removed from the main addon
- version 2.3.4
- Wyvern Sting moved from Cast_Success to Cast-Start (#c365)
- Roar of Sacrifice added. (#c332) (roarOfSacrifice.ogg)
- Gender Detection : "sourceGUID or destGUID error" friendlyinterupt fixed
- "Custom" sound improved but waiting for approval from mikord/MSBT
- Custom profile bug sometimes; i'm on it
- General/Advanced : Added "Change Output" to let you choose the default sound Output. But be warned, it's NOT fully tested! Use it and feedback !
- Shield Barrier moved from AuraApplied to SpellCastSucces
- Shield Barrier Down disabled by default
- Will Voice(Male) : In order to avoid TTS bugz i changed many voices pronunciation
- Dark simulacrum : "dark simula"
- Enraged regeneration : "enraged regen"
- Grimoire of sacrifice : "sacrifice grim"
- Grimoire of service : "double demon"
- Hand of freedom : "freedom"
- Shroud Of Concealment : "Mass stealth"
- And many small bug
- Julie Voice(female) : Old low-quality voice replaced with HQ ones.
- deepInsigt added (deepInsight.ogg, deepInsightDown.ogg) (#c368)
- Will voices lowered (Amplified by 0.89)
- version 2.3.3
- default voice pack setted to US(female) (enUS fix)
- "Use existing sound" in Custom options fixed (LibSharedMedia-3.0)
- version 2.3.2
- Korean, Chinese CN&TW and French Locale updated.
- version 2.3.1
- Important locale missing files... hotfix
- version 2.3
- New feature : GSA can now detect the gender of the caster if it's set correctly. At this time, if it detects a male caster, Optional/Male voice pack will be used. if it detects a neutral caster, the neutral ones. If not, the Default/female will be used. Various voice pack having every 2 voices possible, this option is deactivated by default.
- US Male Voice Pack Added : Will !
- version 2.2.3
- Mass Spell Reflection corrected.
- Howl of Terror corrected.
- version 2.2.2
- Skull Bash added. ( ID had been changed )
- Killing Spree added.
- Archangel added.
- Vigilance Down added.
- Power Shot added.
- Barrage added
- Tranquilizing Shot added (deactivated by default)
- Purge added (deactivated by default)
- Power Word:Shield added (deactivated by default)
- small improvements to french localization
- Version 2.2.1
- AntiMagicShellDown added.
- Korean locale added ( thx to jungwan2 )
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|2.3.6||Release||6.1.0||507,389||Apr 12, 2015|
|2.3.5||Release||6.1.0||114,615||Feb 26, 2015|
|2.3.4||Release||6.0.3||82,354||Feb 12, 2015|
|2.3.3||Release||6.0.3||62,011||Feb 3, 2015|
|2.3.2||Release||6.0.3||43,452||Jan 30, 2015|
|2.3.1||Release||6.0.3||30,812||Jan 28, 2015|
|2.3||Release||6.0.3||6,690||Jan 28, 2015|
|2.2.3||Release||6.0.3||28,046||Jan 26, 2015|
|2.2.2||Release||6.0.3||49,519||Jan 22, 2015|
|2.2.1||Release||6.0.3||108,364||Dec 29, 2014|
|2.2||Release||6.0.3||67,628||Dec 20, 2014|
|2.1.1||Release||6.0.3||107,917||Dec 2, 2014|
|2.1b||Beta||6.0.3||2,814||Oct 30, 2014|
|2.0.5b||Release||5.4.0||450,218||Oct 7, 2013|
|2.0.5||Release||5.4.0||3,535||Oct 7, 2013|
|2.0.4||Release||5.3.0||194,987||May 23, 2013|
|2.0.3b||Release||5.2.0||156,585||Mar 8, 2013|
|2.0.3||Release||5.2.0||21,577||Mar 7, 2013|
|2.0.2||Release||5.1.0||158,108||Nov 29, 2012|
|2.0.1b||Beta||5.0.5||2,936||Sep 24, 2012|
|2.0.1||Release||5.0.5||138,339||Sep 20, 2012|
|2.0.0E||Release||5.0.4||69,681||Sep 2, 2012|
|2.0.0e||Release||5.0.4||704||Sep 2, 2012|
|2.0.0d||Release||5.0.4||9,628||Sep 2, 2012|
|V 2.0.0c||Release||5.0.4||26,756||Sep 1, 2012|
|V 2.0.0b||Release||5.0.4||692||Sep 1, 2012|
|V 2.0.0||Release||5.0.4||63,069||Aug 28, 2012|
|Releas||Beta||4.3.4||15,885||Aug 28, 2012|
|MoP_Releas||Beta||4.3.4||1,072||Aug 28, 2012|
|1.0.1||Release||4.3.3||206,204||Apr 13, 2012|
|1.0||Release||4.3.0||214,308||Feb 9, 2012|
|r430.02||Release||4.3.0||363,014||Dec 10, 2011|
|r430.01||Release||4.3.0||160,990||Nov 30, 2011|
|r420.04||Release||4.2.0||125,121||Aug 6, 2011|
|r420.03||Release||4.2.0||165,558||Aug 3, 2011|
|r420.02||Release||4.2.0||88,665||Jul 23, 2011|
|r420.01||Release||4.2.0||36,993||Jun 28, 2011|
|r410.10||Release||4.1.0||244,525||Jun 1, 2011|
|r410.09||Beta||4.1.0||357||May 31, 2011|
|r410.08||Beta||4.1.0||160||May 30, 2011|
|r410.07||Release||4.1.0||536||May 17, 2011|
|r410.06||Release||4.1.0||424||May 7, 2011|
|r410.05||Release||4.1.0||1,939||May 4, 2011|
|r410.04||Beta||4.1.0||141||Apr 30, 2011|
|r410.03||Beta||4.1.0||315||Apr 29, 2011|
|r410.02||Beta||4.1.0||285||Apr 27, 2011|
|r410.01||Beta||4.1.0||3,402||Apr 26, 2011|