Analyst collects information about the virtual economy and presents that information to the player. In its Economy panel, Analyst answers questions such as the following:
- How much gold did I earn and how?
- How much gold did I spend and on what?
- How am I doing in the auction house?
- What have I looted from mobs?
- What items did I consume?
- What items did I produce?
- How many currencies (marks, badges, emblems) have I collected?
- What have I deposited or withdrawn from the guild bank?
- What is my gathering and crafting activity?
- ... and much more
All reports can be shown over a configurable period (days, weeks, month).
The Economy panel lets you choose between the various reports offered by Analyst. Also, the reporting period of time can be chosen. Central information is displayed in the top frame. Data from two selected reports in shown in the bottom frames.
For the This Week report, the start day of week can be configured in the options. For example, a raid player may want to set the start day of week to the beginning of the raid ID period.
If you mouseover a statistic item, a tooltip provides detailed drill-down information on that statistic:
If you have a Lightweight Data Broker (LDB) container add-on such as Titan Panel, Analyst shows in that container. Left-clicking the Analyst icon toggles the Economy panel; right-clicking the icon shows the options.
If you do not have an LDB container, type /analyst economy to toggle the Economy panel and /analyst options to show the options.
Analyst provides a key binding to toggle the Economy panel. You may want to assign a key to that binding to gain quick access to Analyst.
Please use the Ticket System on WowAce when reporting bugs. This ensures that your error reports receive proper and timely processing. You can log in on WowAce with your Curse Network account. Posting error reports in the comments section on Curse.com is not recommended.
Analyst Release Notes
* Release 1.4.1 for World of Warcraft 7.0.3 (2016-07-25)
- FEATURE: Added support for missions (Garrison, Shipyard, Class Order Hall)
- FIX: Corrected an issue when sending mail.
- FIX: Corrected an issue where Analyst did not detect instance groups.
* Release 1.4.0 for World of Warcraft 7.0.3 (2016-07-22)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 7.0.3
* Release 1.3.1 for World of Warcraft 6.2.0 (2015-08-10)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 6.2.0
* Release 1.3.0 for World of Warcraft 6.0.2 (2014-10-16)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 6.0.2
* Release 1.2.1 for World of Warcraft 5.4.0 (2013-09-14)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 5.4.0
* Release 1.2.0 for World of Warcraft 5.0.4 (2012-09-08)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 5.0.4
* Release 1.1.5 for World of Warcraft 4.3.0 (2011-12-27)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 4.3.0
* Release 1.1.4 for World of Warcraft 4.2.0 (2011-07-09)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 4.2.0
* Release 1.1.3 for World of Warcraft 4.1.0 (2011-04-28)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 4.1.0
* Release 1.1.2 for World of Warcraft 4.0.6 (2011-02-14)
- CHANGE: Improved support for the archaeology profession.
- CHANGE: Improved performance during combat.
- CHANGE: Improved processing of mailbox actions.
* Release 1.1.1 for World of Warcraft 4.0.3 (2010-12-01)
- FEATURE: Added tacking for honorable kills.
* Release 1.1.0 for World of Warcraft 4.0.1 (2010-10-13)
- CHANGE: Merged from Cataclysm development branch
* Release 1.1.0 Beta 2 for World of Warcraft 4.0.1 (2010-09-19)
- CHANGE: Adapted to archaeology API changes in build 12984.
* Release 1.1.0 Beta 1 for World of Warcraft 4.0.1 (2010-09-13)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 4.0.1
- FEATURE: Added support for the Archaeology profession.
* Release 1.0.13 for World of Warcraft 3.3.3
- FEATURE: Added a minimap icon.
- CHANGE: Changed internal data structure to support item stacks up to 9999
- FIX: Added optional dependencies to ensure that Analyst works properly when
running in disembedded mode.
* Release 1.0.12 for World of Warcraft 3.3.0 (2009-12-28)
- CHANGE: Added support for pushed loots and LFG completion rewards in order
to properly handle pushed rewards, such as emblems.
* Release 1.0.11 for World of Warcraft 3.3.0 (2009-12-10)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 3.3.0.
* Release 1.0.10 for World of Warcraft 3.2.0 (2009-11-09)
- CHANGE: Added a safe-guard to prevent excessive timer creation
and cancellation if an event is triggered repeatedly within a short
- FIX: Showing the LDB tooltip when displaying session statistics
raises Lua error.
* Release 1.0.9 for World of Warcraft 3.2.0 (2009-08-05)
- FEATURE: Added support for the engineering profession.
- FEATURE: Added support for currencies obtained through opening
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 3.2.0.
- CHANGE: Implemented spell translations in a generic way.
* Release 1.0.9 Beta 1 for World of Warcraft 3.1.3 (2009-07-30)
- FEATURE: Added support for session statistics.
- CHANGE: All configuration options are now managed by profiles. The
profiles dialog is accessible from the game interface options dialog.
- CHANGE: Options that are relevant on the command line only have
been hidden in the options dialog.
* Release 1.0.8 for World of Warcraft 3.1.1 (2009-05-01)
- FIX: Incorrect hooking of game tooltip causes unwanted side effects.
* Release 1.0.7 for World of Warcraft 3.1.0 (2009-04-18)
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 3.1
* Release 1.0.6 for World of Warcraft 3.0.9 (2009-02-14)
- CHANGE: The implementation of the GetSellValue API in Analyst now
checks for (illegal) nil arguments and no longer fails if a nil argument
- FIX: Analyst may not capture most events under specific add-on loading
* Release 1.0.5 for World of Warcraft 3.0.8 (2009-02-05)
- FIX: Receiving currencies as quest rewards, such as Dalaran Cooking
Awards, no longers triggers a Lua error.
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 3.0.8, fixing an issue with
* Release 1.0.4 for World of Warcraft 3.0.2 (2008-11-02)
- FIX: Looting corpses in battlegrounds no longer causes Lua errors
related to currency processing.
* Release 1.0.3 for World of Warcraft 3.0.2 (2008-10-21)
- FEATURE: Added support for currencies.
- FEATURE: Added support for the Inscription professsion (milling,
inscription trade skill).
- FEATURE: Added support for Lightweight Data Broker (LDB).
- CHANGE: Removed per-char database.
- CHANGE: Removed FuBar support.
- CHANGE: Ported to Ace3 and World of Warcraft 3.0.
- CHANGE: The add-on is now licensed under the MIT license.
* Release 1.0.2 for World of Warcraft 2.4.3 (2008-07-26)
- FEATURE: All data can now optionally be presented for all characters
on the account. Previously, data was available for the currently logged
in character only.
- FEATURE: The add-on title text in the FuBar now optionally shows
the amount of gold gained or lost in the period.
- FEATURE: Analyst now displays a tooltip on the FuBar. The tooltip
contains information from the Overview report.
- FEATURE: The Flights popup now shows detail information on the
- CHANGE: The default key bindings have been removed. New users can
bind them manually if they so desire.
- CHANGE: Economy data is now stored in an account-wide saved variable.
It used to be stored in a per-character saved variable. Existing
data is silently migrated when each character is logged in.
- FIX: Gold gained from opening objects such as chests is now processed.
- FIX: Gold gained from enchanting in the trade window is now processed.
- FIX: Corrected an error in the TOC file with regard to the optional
* Release 1.0.1 for World of Warcraft 2.4.1 (2008-04-19)
- CHANGE: Costs for repairing all items are now processed synchronously.
This is to avoid possible event overlap resulting from repairing, buying
and selling in quick succession.
- CHANGE: Default key bindings are now applied only once.
- CHANGE: Adapted to World of Warcraft 2.4.0
- FIX: Uncategorized activities are now properly processed.
- FIX: Fixed a problem preventing the proper processing of flights.
* Release 1.0.0 for World of Warcraft 2.3.2
- FIX: Receiving mail from "Unknown" senders no longer causes an error.
* Release 0.9.2 (Beta) for World of Warcraft 2.3.0
- FEATURE: Added "Miscellaneous" measures for gaining and spending gold
as well as producing and consuming items. These measures track activities
that are not currently categorized by Analyst but have an impact on the
gold balance or the items of the player.
- FEATURE: Added measures for tracking items received or sent by mail.
- FEATURE: Added a measure for tracking smelting activity.
- FEATURE: Items used as payment in vendor transactions, such as battleground
tokens or tier set tokens, are now properly recorded in a new measure
- FIX: Automated vendor selling is no longer processed as "Using" the
items sold. Proceeds from automated selling are now properly reported.
- FIX: Gold looted in parties with two players is now properly processed.
- FIX: Activities are now properly processed in raids and parties.
- FIX: Opening objects is now properly reported and no longer causes
* Release 0.9.1 (Beta) for World of Warcraft 2.3.0
- FEATURE: Added support for FuBar. The Economy Panel can now be toggled
by clicking the Analyst button on the FuBar or on the minimap. The settings
of this add-on are shown in the menu which is opened by right-clicking
on the Analyst button.
- FIX: Destroyed items were not properly recorded. Destroyed items are now
properly recorded and shown in a new measure in the Items Consumed report.
- FIX: Battleground tokens were not properly recorded. Battleground tokens
awarded when a battleground closes are now properly recorded and shown in
a new measure in the Items Produced report.
* Release 0.9.0 (Beta) for World of Warcraft 2.3.0
- Initial release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|1.4.1||Release||7.0.3||2,609||Jul 24, 2016|
|1.4.1-nolib||Release||7.0.3||47||Jul 24, 2016|
|1.4.0||Release||7.0.3||1,098||Jul 21, 2016|
|1.4.0-nolib||Release||7.0.3||29||Jul 21, 2016|
|1.3.1||Release||6.2.0||3,948||Aug 10, 2015|
|1.3.1-nolib||Release||6.2.0||33||Aug 10, 2015|
|1.3.0||Release||6.0.2||4,641||Oct 16, 2014|
|1.3.0-nolib||Release||6.0.2||65||Oct 16, 2014|
|1.2.1||Release||5.4.0||4,933||Sep 14, 2013|
|1.2.1-nolib||Release||5.4.0||69||Sep 14, 2013|
|1.2.0||Release||5.0.4||5,130||Sep 7, 2012|
|1.2.0-nolib||Release||5.0.4||54||Sep 7, 2012|
|1.1.5||Release||4.3.0||5,098||Dec 26, 2011|
|1.1.5-nolib||Release||4.3.0||59||Dec 26, 2011|
|1.1.4||Release||4.2.0||9,012||Jul 9, 2011|
|1.1.4-nolib||Release||4.2.0||78||Jul 9, 2011|
|1.1.3||Release||4.1.0||5,711||Apr 27, 2011|
|1.1.3-nolib||Release||4.1.0||49||Apr 27, 2011|
|1.1.2||Release||4.0.6||5,258||Feb 14, 2011|
|1.1.2-nolib||Release||4.0.6||60||Feb 14, 2011|
|1.1.1||Release||4.0.3a||5,615||Dec 1, 2010|
|1.1.1-nolib||Release||4.0.3a||89||Dec 1, 2010|
|1.1.0||Release||4.0.1||3,584||Oct 13, 2010|
|1.1.0-nolib||Release||4.0.1||52||Oct 13, 2010|
|1.1.0 Beta 2||Beta||4.0.1||275||Sep 19, 2010|
|1.1.0 Beta 2-nolib||Beta||4.0.1||7||Sep 19, 2010|
|1.1.0 Beta 1||Beta||4.0.1||148||Sep 13, 2010|
|1.1.0 Beta 1-nolib||Beta||4.0.1||9||Sep 13, 2010|
|1.0.12||Release||3.3.0||533||Dec 28, 2009|
|1.0.12-nolib||Release||3.3.0||18||Dec 28, 2009|
|1.0.11||Release||3.3.0||135||Dec 10, 2009|
|1.0.11-nolib||Release||3.3.0||15||Dec 10, 2009|
|1.0.10||Release||3.2.0||200||Nov 8, 2009|
|1.0.10-nolib||Release||3.2.0||15||Nov 8, 2009|
|1.0.9||Release||3.2.0||329||Aug 4, 2009|
|1.0.9-nolib||Release||3.2.0||18||Aug 4, 2009|
|1.0.9 Beta 1||Beta||3.1.0||166||Jul 29, 2009|
|1.0.9 Beta 1-nolib||Beta||3.1.0||18||Jul 29, 2009|
|1.0.8||Release||3.1.0||176||May 1, 2009|
|1.0.8-nolib||Release||3.1.0||20||May 1, 2009|
|1.0.7||Release||3.1.0||95||Apr 18, 2009|
|1.0.7-nolib||Release||3.1.0||17||Apr 18, 2009|
|1.0.6||Release||3.0.9||194||Feb 14, 2009|
|1.0.6-nolib||Release||3.0.9||17||Feb 14, 2009|
|1.0.6 Beta 2||Beta||3.0.9||22||Feb 13, 2009|
|1.0.6 Beta 2-nolib||Beta||3.0.9||16||Feb 13, 2009|
|1.0.6 Beta 1||Beta||3.0.8||58||Feb 8, 2009|
|1.0.6 Beta 1-nolib||Beta||3.0.8||9||Feb 8, 2009|
|1.0.5||Release||3.0.8||90||Feb 5, 2009|
|1.0.5-nolib||Release||3.0.8||9||Feb 5, 2009|