Hi, my name is Thaoky, and I'm an Altoholic :)
Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
About the addon & the author
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do :)
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
- Languages supported: enUS, frFR, deDE, esES, ruRU, zhCN & zhTW.
- Account-wide data summary:
- Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
- Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
- Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
- Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand.
- Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to grind reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
The FAQ has been moved here : http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=372&a=faq
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done :)
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
- Caged pets are now properly recognized in the inventory.
- Search tab : fixed caged pets not being returned in the search results.
Note: caged pets stored in the guild bank are not correctly visible. This is due to the game returning different item information for the caged pet when it is stored in the guild bank vs in your bags.
If someone knows a way around this, I'm all ears :)
- Search tab : fixed mythic keystones not being returned in the search results.
- Made some improvements to the emissaries' panel, progress is now shown for each alt/zone. Quests are now sorted by expiry time (closest to expiry at the top). Thanks Paintstorm & Caspianroach for the suggestions.
- Account Summary : Improved formatting of artifact power in the tooltip.
- Grids -> Sets : added some extra filters for sets (faction + PVP type).
- Characters -> Quests : the panel is being rewritten, but I have to face the facts, it won't be ready anytime soon, and the release has been delayed long enough.
If you cannot live with this panel, edit the file Altoholic_Characters\Frames\Quests.lua, and delete lines 219+220 in the Update function.
Note: rendering is primitive, you just have a list of quests, and the filter in the "Quests" icon does not work. Categories are listed, but that's all.
Sorry, I had hoped this would have been ready for 7.3 .. but Blizzard released sooner than I had expected.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Altoholic 7.3.001||Release||7.3.0||224,357||Sep 4, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.2.003b||Release||7.2.0||285,337||Jun 1, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.2.003||Release||7.2.0||18,584||Jun 1, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.2.002||Release||7.2.0||195,055||Apr 28, 2017|
|Altoholic v7.2.001.zip||Release||7.2.0||263,124||Mar 29, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.1.004||Release||7.1.5||404,329||Jan 12, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.1.003||Release||7.1.0||286,937||Nov 10, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.1.002||Release||7.1.0||92,420||Nov 9, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.1.001||Release||7.1.0||262,930||Oct 26, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.006||Release||7.0.3||404,605||Aug 9, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.005||Release||7.0.3||183,464||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.004||Release||7.0.3||12,076||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.003||Release||7.0.3||137,025||Jul 27, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.002||Release||7.0.3||197,290||Jul 20, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.001||Release||7.0.3||144,041||Jul 18, 2016|
|Altoholic 6.2.007||Release||6.2.2||512,106||Sep 12, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.2.006||Release||6.2.0||190,292||Aug 17, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.006||Release||6.1.0||350,365||May 8, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.005||Release||6.1.0||172,867||Apr 20, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.004||Release||6.1.0||136,866||Apr 11, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.003||Release||6.1.0||104,858||Apr 7, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.002||Release||6.1.0||61,408||Apr 6, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.001||Release||6.1.0||273,984||Feb 25, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.004||Release||6.0.3||293,399||Jan 9, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.003||Release||6.0.3||210,390||Dec 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.002||Release||6.0.3||110,169||Dec 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.001||Release||6.0.2||492,211||Oct 17, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.009||Release||5.4.8||313,431||Aug 8, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.008||Release||5.4.8||133,685||Jul 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.007||Release||5.4.8||73,170||Jul 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.006||Release||5.4.8||55,915||Jul 22, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.005||Release||5.4.8||32,246||Jul 21, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.004||Release||5.4.0||800,346||Oct 7, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.003||Release||5.4.0||53,880||Oct 6, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.002||Release||5.4.0||167,607||Sep 17, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.001||Release||5.4.0||133,139||Sep 11, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.003||Release||5.3.0||187,771||Aug 1, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.002||Release||5.3.0||196,146||May 29, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.001||Release||5.3.0||54,345||May 28, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.2.001||Release||5.2.0||239,944||Mar 12, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.002||Release||5.1.0||154,291||Feb 24, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.001||Release||5.1.0||250,412||Nov 29, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.003||Release||5.1.0||83,163||Nov 28, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.002||Release||5.0.5||222,960||Oct 6, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001d||Release||5.0.5||187,570||Sep 13, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001c||Release||5.0.4||142,829||Sep 3, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001b||Release||5.0.4||63,144||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001||Release||5.0.4||41,010||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003b||Release||4.3.4||263,049||May 5, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003||Release||4.3.4||24,186||May 4, 2012|