Hi, my name is Thaoky, and I'm an Altoholic :)
Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
About the addon & the author
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do :)
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
- Languages supported: enUS, frFR, deDE, esES, ruRU, zhCN & zhTW.
- Account-wide data summary:
- Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
- Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
- Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
- Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand.
- Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to grind reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
The FAQ has been moved here : http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=372&a=faq
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done :)
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
- Fixed minimap icon not being properly restored at logon.
- Fixed a bug where searched results were not shown in the proper quality (ex: upgraded items).
- Changed the navigation of the characters' tab. In order to win some real estate for future updates, I have removed the drop down list that allows you to select the realm.
You can now select alts from other realms directly from the character icon.
- Updated Herb and Mining Nodes, that was long overdue. (Thanks 2TailedFox !)
- Fixed a lua error in the search tab.
- Fixed Midsummer achievements.
- DataStore_Quests: now tracking emissary quests
Notes about emissary quests:
- There are 2 places to view the status of your emissary quests: Grids -> Daily quests & Grids -> Emissary quests
- In the 'Daily quests' panel, you can view the emissaries that you have COMPLETED TODAY, they will be reset every day, like any other daily quest.
Since there is no way to determine when they should actually reset, it's the best compromise.
- In the 'Emissary quests' panel, you can view the emissaries that are in your characters' quest logs, meaning that these are the quests NOT YET COMPLETED.
Because the quest log is only scanned when you log on, make sure that you log on with your alts on a regular basis, otherwise you will see outdated information in this panel.
- These 2 panels complement each other, it is intentional that they show you what has been completed vs what has not.
- Brought back a name to the minimap button frame, goes against my principles, but I love you guys that much!
(the fear of an army of angry users armed with pitchforks may have changed my mind though :P)
- Added a new panel in the grids tab : Sets !
In this panel you can see all the transmog sets you collected, across all classes.
This panel shows you all set variations that exist, even some that are normally hidden until they have been collected (Tier 3, darkmoon faire, other faction ..).
If you were wondering what to do with all those marks of honor.. here is your chance to spend them :p
The whole thing was quite complex to implement and required a deep dive in the data, and a crapload of manual work.
Mapping the whole table of sets took me a few days.
Some days I believe Blizzard organizes their data in such a way in order to mentally torture addon authors..
But anyway, I'm quite happy with the result, and hope you'll enjoy it too :)
A few notes about this panel :
- Due to the amount of manual work, it is possible I have mistakenly copy-pasted a wrong set ID. If you identify one, please let me know.
- If you mouse over a set and see "Fetching item data ..", mouse away and over it again, this is due to the way the game handles the item cache. Nothing I can do about it.
!! Important tip for the crazy set transmog collectors out there (like me :p) :
I was not really sure if looting a given piece of equipment that is not for your class is actually registered into your list of transmogs.
While running Sunwell with my mage, I dropped a piece that was part of the warlock set, and it actually counted.
I could not see it directly in the addon, because I only read data for the current alt, but when I logged my warlock, the piece was definitely there.
It also means that if you are hunting for specific parts, you can run a legacy raid with alts having the same armor type.
That will not work for all pieces, but for some, it helps :)
It clearly does not work for weapon types you can't equip. I looted a nice bow with my mage, but my hunter did not have the transmog.
- Added a new library : LibMVC
LibMVC modifies the way frame templates are implemented.
Previous version relied on "class extensions", which were a first step towards a proper MVC pattern.
This is something I wanted to do ever since Blizzard added the 'parentKey' attribute in XML.
The current version is getting close to AngularJS and class extensions are now called controllers (as they should).
A goal I have had for a long time but never had time to implement was to support some sort of inheritance,
so that the OnLoad of a frame could call the OnLoad of the frames it derives from.
There is no way to do this natively, hence this new library.
Using AngularJS a lot at work has helped seeing clearer through this.
LibMVC also supports injecting services into controllers, as in Angular.
I have not decided yet if I will implement data binding, that might happen, but at a later stage.
This is 100% transparent for users. Devs on the other hand may be interested in checking the simple implementation.
The whole addon has not yet been corrected to support this, so those who are curious should check the Guild or Achievements tabs, they're pretty clean.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Altoholic 7.2.003b||Release||7.2.0||154,177||Jun 1, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.2.003||Release||7.2.0||18,546||Jun 1, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.2.002||Release||7.2.0||194,794||Apr 28, 2017|
|Altoholic v7.2.001.zip||Release||7.2.0||262,834||Mar 29, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.1.004||Release||7.1.5||403,636||Jan 12, 2017|
|Altoholic 7.1.003||Release||7.1.0||286,761||Nov 10, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.1.002||Release||7.1.0||92,408||Nov 9, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.1.001||Release||7.1.0||262,880||Oct 26, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.006||Release||7.0.3||404,461||Aug 9, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.005||Release||7.0.3||183,437||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.004||Release||7.0.3||12,065||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.003||Release||7.0.3||137,005||Jul 27, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.002||Release||7.0.3||197,279||Jul 20, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.001||Release||7.0.3||144,018||Jul 18, 2016|
|Altoholic 6.2.007||Release||6.2.2||511,965||Sep 12, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.2.006||Release||6.2.0||190,282||Aug 17, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.006||Release||6.1.0||350,313||May 8, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.005||Release||6.1.0||172,862||Apr 20, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.004||Release||6.1.0||136,862||Apr 11, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.003||Release||6.1.0||104,850||Apr 7, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.002||Release||6.1.0||61,406||Apr 6, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.001||Release||6.1.0||273,976||Feb 25, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.004||Release||6.0.3||293,395||Jan 9, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.003||Release||6.0.3||210,386||Dec 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.002||Release||6.0.3||110,165||Dec 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.001||Release||6.0.2||492,171||Oct 17, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.009||Release||5.4.8||313,319||Aug 8, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.008||Release||5.4.8||133,684||Jul 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.007||Release||5.4.8||73,167||Jul 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.006||Release||5.4.8||55,912||Jul 22, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.005||Release||5.4.8||32,231||Jul 21, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.004||Release||5.4.0||800,323||Oct 7, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.003||Release||5.4.0||53,877||Oct 6, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.002||Release||5.4.0||167,606||Sep 17, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.001||Release||5.4.0||133,131||Sep 11, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.003||Release||5.3.0||187,767||Aug 1, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.002||Release||5.3.0||196,144||May 29, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.001||Release||5.3.0||54,341||May 28, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.2.001||Release||5.2.0||239,941||Mar 12, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.002||Release||5.1.0||154,288||Feb 24, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.001||Release||5.1.0||250,409||Nov 29, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.003||Release||5.1.0||83,156||Nov 28, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.002||Release||5.0.5||222,955||Oct 6, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001d||Release||5.0.5||187,561||Sep 13, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001c||Release||5.0.4||142,824||Sep 3, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001b||Release||5.0.4||63,141||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001||Release||5.0.4||41,004||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003b||Release||4.3.4||262,609||May 5, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003||Release||4.3.4||24,152||May 4, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.002||Release||4.3.0||238,775||Jan 29, 2012|