Hi, my name is Thaoky, and I'm an Altoholic :)
Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
About the addon & the author
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do :)
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
- Languages supported: enUS, frFR, deDE, esES, ruRU, zhCN & zhTW.
- Account-wide data summary:
- Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
- Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
- Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
- Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand.
- Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to grind reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
The FAQ has been moved here : http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=372&a=faq
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done :)
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
- DataStore_Quests: added an option to select the hour at which daily quests are reset.
- Updated the lists of achievements with the new ones added in Legion.
- The talent panel is finally back. You can now also see the stat priority when mousing over the specialization name.
Note: The priorities come from Icy Veins, although I have not respected them 100%, based on my own experience, view, and discussions with guild mates.
They are meant to be an indication for classes you do not play too often, and I do not wish to enter religious discussions about who is right or wrong, or about which stat is actually better :)
ex: in some cases, Icy Veins indicated that the primary stat (STR, INT, ..) has a lesser priority than mastery or crit ..
well, I still kept the primary stat as #1 in the list, because in most cases, you WILL have this stat on each item.
And if you reach the point where this difference matters, then you probably don't need the information any more, because you supposedly already know your class well enough.
- DataStore_Talents: major overhaul to support the new panel. Old functions have obviously been deprecated.
- LibCraftReagents is now deprecated, its functionality is now handled by DataStore_Crafts, which now has access to all recipes (even unlearned).
It's now 100% accurate and maintains itself (yeah, less code to maintain \o/).
Note: you should open each profession once to populate this internal reference table.
- DataStore_Mails: Fixed the invalid attachment counts in the tooltip for mails sent by guild mates.
- Removed LibBabble-Inventory, replaced the translations it provided by values returned by the game's API.
- DataStore_Quests: Fixed scanning quest links, which caused a Lua error when clicking on a tooltip.
Make sure to log in your alts once to fix their quest logs in the DB, this is what causes the tooltip issue.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Altoholic 7.1.001||Release||7.1.0||-||Oct 26, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.006||Release||7.0.3||402,671||Aug 9, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.005||Release||7.0.3||183,364||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.004||Release||7.0.3||12,034||Jul 31, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.003||Release||7.0.3||136,937||Jul 27, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.002||Release||7.0.3||197,142||Jul 20, 2016|
|Altoholic 7.0.001||Release||7.0.3||143,916||Jul 18, 2016|
|Altoholic 6.2.007||Release||6.2.2||511,273||Sep 12, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.2.006||Release||6.2.0||190,226||Aug 17, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.006||Release||6.1.0||350,158||May 8, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.005||Release||6.1.0||172,809||Apr 20, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.004||Release||6.1.0||136,846||Apr 11, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.003||Release||6.1.0||104,836||Apr 7, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.002||Release||6.1.0||61,387||Apr 6, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.1.001||Release||6.1.0||273,929||Feb 25, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.004||Release||6.0.3||293,354||Jan 9, 2015|
|Altoholic 6.0.003||Release||6.0.3||210,359||Dec 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.002||Release||6.0.3||110,154||Dec 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 6.0.001||Release||6.0.2||492,067||Oct 17, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.009||Release||5.4.8||312,857||Aug 8, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.008||Release||5.4.8||133,647||Jul 27, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.007||Release||5.4.8||73,160||Jul 24, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.006||Release||5.4.8||55,898||Jul 22, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.005||Release||5.4.8||32,215||Jul 21, 2014|
|Altoholic 5.4.004||Release||5.4.0||800,240||Oct 7, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.003||Release||5.4.0||53,836||Oct 6, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.002||Release||5.4.0||167,595||Sep 17, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.4.001||Release||5.4.0||133,052||Sep 11, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.003||Release||5.3.0||187,753||Aug 1, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.002||Release||5.3.0||196,133||May 29, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.3.001||Release||5.3.0||54,328||May 28, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.2.001||Release||5.2.0||239,915||Mar 12, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.002||Release||5.1.0||154,267||Feb 24, 2013|
|Altoholic 5.1.001||Release||5.1.0||250,404||Nov 29, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.003||Release||5.1.0||83,148||Nov 28, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.002||Release||5.0.5||222,936||Oct 6, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001d||Release||5.0.5||187,508||Sep 13, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001c||Release||5.0.4||142,815||Sep 3, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001b||Release||5.0.4||63,119||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 5.0.001||Release||5.0.4||40,988||Sep 2, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003b||Release||4.3.4||261,665||May 5, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.003||Release||4.3.4||24,096||May 4, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.002||Release||4.3.0||238,739||Jan 29, 2012|
|Altoholic 4.3.001||Release||4.3.0||344,553||Dec 10, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.2.002||Release||4.2.0||545,642||Oct 30, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.2.001||Release||4.2.0||316,893||Jun 29, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.1.001b||Release||4.1.0||252,779||May 1, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.1.001||Release||4.1.0||80,172||Apr 30, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.006b||Release||4.0.6||198,308||Apr 3, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.006||Release||4.0.6||1,012||Mar 2, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.005d||Release||4.0.6||664||Feb 16, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.005c||Release||4.0.6||293||Feb 15, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.005b||Release||4.0.6||473||Feb 11, 2011|
|Altoholic 4.0.005||Release||4.0.3a||2,045||Dec 3, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.004c||Release||4.0.3a||1,395||Nov 24, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.004b||Release||4.0.3||766||Nov 21, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.004||Release||4.0.3||187||Nov 20, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.003||Release||4.0.1||1,231||Oct 26, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.002||Release||4.0.1||934||Oct 17, 2010|
|Altoholic 4.0.001||Release||4.0.1||565||Oct 15, 2010|
|Altoholic 3.3.002b||Release||3.3.5||64,849||Jul 6, 2010|
|Altoholic 3.3.002||Release||3.3.0||2,184||Mar 9, 2010|
|Altoholic 3.3.001d||Release||3.3.0||500||Jan 28, 2010|
|Altoholic 3.3.001c||Release||3.3.0||292||Jan 27, 2010|
|3.3.001 beta||Beta||3.3.0||201||Jan 25, 2010|
|3.3.001 beta-nolib||Beta||3.3.0||43||Jan 25, 2010|
|Altoholic 3.3.001b||Release||3.3.0||438||Dec 26, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.3.001||Release||3.3.0||1,588||Dec 9, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.003b||Release||3.2.0||1,305||Nov 25, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.003||Beta||3.2.0||178||Nov 16, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.002b||Release||3.2.0||547||Sep 28, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.002||Release||3.2.0||234||Sep 14, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.001d||Release||3.2.0||298||Aug 24, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.001c||Release||3.2.0||251||Aug 14, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.001b||Release||3.2.0||131||Aug 11, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.2.001||Release||3.2.0||276||Aug 10, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.003b||Release||3.1.0||427||Jun 14, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.003||Release||3.1.0||95||Jun 12, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.002b||Release||3.1.0||2,449||May 5, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.002||Release||3.1.0||4,868||Apr 29, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.001b||Release||3.1.0||367||Apr 17, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.1.001||Release||3.1.0||62||Apr 16, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.008b||Release||3.0.9||557||Mar 6, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.008||Release||3.0.9||225||Mar 4, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.007b||Release||3.0.9||189||Feb 20, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.007||Release||3.0.9||196||Feb 18, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.006c||Release||3.0.8||294||Feb 7, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.006b||Release||3.0.8||101||Feb 1, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.006||Release||3.0.8||61||Jan 26, 2009|
|Altoholic 3.0.004b||Release||3.0.3||59||Dec 17, 2008|
|Altoholic 3.0.004||Release||3.0.3||64||Dec 15, 2008|
|Altoholic 3.0.003||Release||3.0.3||49||Nov 12, 2008|
|Altoholic 3.0.002b||Release||3.0.2||49||Oct 18, 2008|
|Altoholic 3.0.002||Release||3.0.2||86||Oct 12, 2008|
|Altoholic-r80738.16||Beta||2.4.3||2,492||Sep 29, 2008|
|2.4.015||Release||2.4.2||453||Jun 22, 2008|