Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Português Brasileiro, Русский, 한국어, 繁體中文, 简体中文
How to Use
Instal: Like any other AddOn. Set up: Works 'as is'. For options enter /ahn, /arn, /rapt, /raptor, or /ador in chat.
Players are able to collect several raptor style companions/pets. Four of these spawn from within nests. You do not need to kill anything.
The Ravasaur Hatchling spawns within Ravasaur Matriarch nests. There are five possible locations in Un'Goro Crater. The respawn timer is several hours.
The Razormaw Hatchling spawns within the Razormaw Matriarch's nest. The nest spawns hourly and is located on the central platform within a Wetlands cave.
The Darting Hatchling spawns from one of Dart's nests, of which there are four possible locations. These spawn every couple of hours.
The Leaping Hatchling spawns from Takk's nests every hour. The four possible locations are at the base of a hill in the Northern Barrens.
😃 Resize the World Map / Minimap pin icons
😃 Choice of 13 pin icons
😃 If the nest is out of range of the Minimap, the icon will hover at the border to indicate direction
😃 Map Tooltips
😃 Chat links
😃 Fun raptor SFX whenever you open or click on a map with raptor nests
😃 Choice of baby (default) or adult random raptor sounds. Aw, they sound so cute!
😃 No Ace libraries = no bloat
😃 Ultra small cpu/memory footprint
Pay close attention to the Raptor eye icon 😉
You may now link your finds to friends and guild members. Click in the Edit Frame of your chat channel, be it Whisper, General, Guild, whatever. From the Mini-Map or World Map hold the mouse over the egg location with the Control Key held down. Done! Format will be [Darting Hatchling Link] @ (x,y).
If You Like Adorable Hatchling Nests
Nobody can resist an adorable Raptor Hatchling pet or the magnificent Netherwing Drake and Long-Forgotten Hippogryph mounts. You'll of course need Dark Soil for The Tillers friendships and a Loose Pebble for your Dog! While fishing you'll wonder if This Scampi Happening? Oh, but it is! Why not Let Minnow about your fishing poles and you surely Cod Do Batter with your fishing achievements. While adventuring, map your way with X and Y coordinates and always go the Hard Yards measuring distance. Have some fun with Yarrr for pirate Tooltips or turn geek with Fibonacci. See all the hidden game asset IDs with Tip or Enumerate your frames. Achievement critters and NPCs receive some Rare Love and keep track of Sunrise & Sunset.
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies and beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend". 😊
== v3.03 - 3rd September 2017
* TOC version bump for Patch 7.3 Shadows of Argus
* PlaySoundKitID removed as of Patch 7.3.0. Replaced by PlaySound
== v3.02 - 2nd August 2017
* Tooltip for Takk and Dart swapped around. Doh!
== v3.01 - 19th June 2017
* Removed extra firstTimeIn declaration
* World Map's Tooltip now ANCHOR_CURSOR, as per my other AddOns
* Zeroed alpha immediately Minimap frames are allocated = no more "flashing" or "stuck" icons on login
== v3.00 - 9th May 2017
* Adult Raptor icon (if chosen) now blinks in the Minimap. Same as Netherwing Eggs
* localised SetMapToCurrentZone
* Fixed arcane bug where mouse coincidentally over the place where an egg appears on the minimap as you fly into the zone and for a fraction of a second the coordinates are not yet loaded into the button frame. Sigh
* Choice of icons expanded from 8 to 13
* "Macro Commands" in the command menu, whilst technically correct, has been renamed to the more sensible "Commands"
* Standardised with other of my AddOns: When Control key is down, NO NEED for "show coordinates" option to be on. I.e. link in chat (with coordinates) regardless
* Minimap - was not testing the alpha of the ds/npc frame when moused over
* Usual code formatting titivation
* Menu allows an option to be enquired upon and not just changed
== v2.14 - 29th April 2017
* Now using unregister/register code for GetCurrentMapAreaID as per some other AddOns. This to solve a Reputation mouse over bug in the Character frame!
== v2.13 - 29th March 2017
* Patch 7.2 Update
== v2.12 - 2nd February 2017
* New FPS preservation code requires a fudge for when players log into "unusual" zones such as Moonglade
* Fixed bug in Wetlands due to bulk copy/paste of code - replace subscript "i" with "1"
* The Great Sea is a (quirky!) sub-zone WITHIN the Wetlands. Code around this to prevent unusual placement of mini-map icon
== v2.11 - 29th January 2017
* Chatlink code in step with Netherwing Eggs AddOn. This also fixed a bug or two
* Possibly improve impact of this AddOn on higher FPS players who also have lots of Minimap stress
* Remove "world" from the "h" command description
* Tighten the testing to prevent multiple egg links in chat
* Also check for nil return values from GetItemInfo for the eggs. Extremely rare but possible right after a log in
== v2.10 - 11th January 2017
* Added Chat links!
* Added Coordinates to Tooltips (optional)
* Slight coordinate change to a Leaping Hatchling
* Standardising of code across all AddOns
== v2.09 - 4th January 2017
* LUA function calls localised
* Small change to (maybe) assist loading times when logging in
== v2.08 - 3rd January 2017
* Localisation throughout
* Coloured text theme
* Overhauling of chat commands
* Use new schema for loading in saved variables (auto delete of redundant saves)
* Added zhTW
* Translated Takk, Dart etc into zhTW and zhCN and added a correction to zhCN
* Improve French translation
== v2.07 - 1st January 2017
* Better management of sounds, especially randomness and selections
* Converted an mp3 which was actually a different format within and thus unplayable in WoW
* Fix inscrutable Northern Barrens error (non-stop raptor sounds) from WoW server weirdly continuously spamming zone events
* New adult raptor sound added
* Alter boolean baby/adult save var into a y/n save var
* Alter all boolean logic to conform with Blizzard interpretation of "true" (non-null) and "false"
== v2.06 - 25th October 2016
* Version update to support Patch 7.1 "Return to Karahzan"
== v2.05 - 21st September 2016
* Fix for nil table reference when in Wetlands
== v2.04 - 23rd July 2016
* Commence language localisation
* Minimap icon change size added. In synch with World Map
* Minimap icon scaling results in smaller icons overall
* Tooltips for World and Mini maps
* Minimum size for icons is 10 down from 20. This is extremely small
* Interface Version now 70000
== v2.03 - 1st June 2016
* Enhance TOC file "## Notes"
== v2.02 - 18th January 2016
* Un'Goro and Northern Barrens need special World Map code due to presence of a micro dungeon
* Logic to see (other) nest zones from within/without micro dungeons and indoors/outdoors in zones
* Benchmarked against Silverdragon and NPC_Scan Overlay. Exceeded their "accuracy" in overriding WoW mapping API limitations
* Chat commands to toggle on/off now work properly for both World and Mini maps
* Non-Blizzard sound files added:
* Attribute Commons 3.0: Velociraptor by snottyboi and T Rex Roar by Levitb. Godzilla Public Domain by Marc. All at SoundBible.com
== v2.01 - 14th January 2016
* Can now rotate standard WoW minimap
* Better set of "magic numbers" to provide greater accuracy in Wetlands minimap placement
* The Wetlands cave needed special code for each zoom level
* General code tidying efficiencies
== v2.00 - 11th January 2016
* Eggs appear on minimap for standard UI (i.e. round minimap) and only when minimap does NOT rotate
* Eggs show distant DIRECTION at the minimap border
* Wailing Caverns "foyer" cave does NOT now trigger Leaping Hatchling
== v1.03 - 18th October 2015
* Cleanup some local variables - define properly and delete unused
== v1.02 - 18th October 2015
* More exacting coordinates, reobtained and to extra digit of precision
* Unnecessary use of _G to concatenate a variable name
* Typo in the Change Log...
== v1.01 - 20th July 2015
* Added slash commands. /rapt, /ahn, /ador, /raptor, /arn
* ? paramater for a list of options
* plays a raptor sound when a raptor nest map shows or is clicked upon
* choice of icons now, incorporated into slash commands
* can resize the texture, again see the help list "?"
* Note added to webpages as to why no mini-map support yet
== v1.00 - 15th July 2015
* Initial release