Places a pin on the World Map and Minimap for every known Dark Soil spawn location in Heartland (VotFW). Each pin has a tooltip with a detailed location description as necessary.
How to Use
Instal: Like any other AddOn. Set up: Works 'as is'. For options enter '/ds', '/dark', '/soil', '/darksoil' in chat.
Please note:By entering the command '/ds m' you toggle between TWO command modes. One mode adjusts the Dark Soil icons. The other mode adjusts the "bonus" NPC location icons. This dual menu or "mode" mechanism departs from all other of my AddOns but was necessary in this instance.
For any chat command, you may add a "?" to see rather than change the current setting. E.g. '/ds i ?' to see the current icon setting.
Players are able to collect Dark Soil to gain friendship reputation with several members of The Tillers faction.
Dark Soil mainly spawns in the Heartland area of the Valley of the Four Winds in Pandaria. Dark Soil has been known to spawn outside this sub-zone and indeed outside the zone but time-efficient farming of Dark Soil is very much confined to Heartland.
Wowhead reports over 200 locations. This may or may not be correct. Over 150 locations, correct to two decimal places, have been included in this AddOn. The author has personally farmed and documented each one and many have been verified a second or more time.
😃 You can resize the World Map / Minimap pin icons
😃 Choice of pin icons
😃 Chat links
😃 If the icon is out of range of the Minimap, the icon will hover at the border to indicate direction
😃 Map Tooltips
😃 Bonus NPC locations with their unique icons
😃 No Ace libraries = no bloat
😃 Ultra small cpu/memory footprint
Ten NPCs represent the ten "friendships" you advance by donating the loot from the Dark Soil to these NPCs. Most of these NPCs have a fixed location in Heartland. On certain days a couple of the NPCs will visit the Halfhill market for a day and thus will be absent from Heartland. This AddOn marks the usual location of each NPC.
You may link your finds to friends and guild members. Click in the Edit Frame of your chat channel, be it Whisper, General, Guild, whatever. From the Mini-Map or World Map hold the mouse over the egg location with the Control Key held down. Left click. Done! Format will be 'Dark Soil (x,y) (Location information)' or 'NPC Name (x,y) (Location information)'.
If You Like Dark Soil
Nobody can resist an adorable Raptor Hatchling pet or the magnificent Netherwing Drake and Long-Forgotten Hippogryph mounts. You'll of course need Dark Soil for The Tillers friendships and a Loose Pebble for your Dog! While fishing you'll wonder if This Scampi Happening? Oh, but it is! Why not Let Minnow about your fishing poles and you surely Cod Do Batter with your fishing achievements. While adventuring, map your way with X and Y coordinates and always go the Hard Yards measuring distance. Have some fun with Yarrr for pirate Tooltips or turn geek with Fibonacci. See all the hidden game asset IDs with Tip or Enumerate your frames. Achievement critters and NPCs receive some Rare Love and keep track of Sunrise & Sunset.
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies and beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to Donate because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend". 😊
== v1.05 - 3rd September 2017
* TOC version bump for Patch 7.3 Shadows of Argus
* PlaySoundKitID removed as of Patch 7.3.0. Replaced by PlaySound
== v1.04 - 9th July 2017
* Removed left over unused "Macro Commands" translations from several language files
* Fixed numSpecialTextures from 9 to 8
* Removed unnecessary valley "id" usage
* Tidy up chat format
* Removed left over / unnecessary x and y attributes for Mini frame
* AdjustCoordinates is no longer defined within another local - less memory used
== v1.03 - 19th June 2017
* Six more locations
* Zeroed alpha immediately Minimap frames are allocated = no more "flashing" or "stuck" icons on login
* Removed an unnecessary frame allocation
* Removed unnecessary localisation of string.match
== v1.02 - 18th May 2017
* 9 more locations
* Double checking on many
== v1.01 - 8th May 2017
* One new localisation text "Under the bridge"
* Reputation progress
* Minimap - was not testing the alpha of the ds/npc frame when moused over
* Fixed error in French localisation file. Duplicate entry would result in a "" translation
* Removed references to "blink" which occurred from copy/paste of same code from my Netherwing Eggs AddOn
* Likewise removed eventChange
* Menu allows an option to be enquired upon and not just changed
== v1.00 - 5th May 2017
* Initial release