yGather - Gatherers Map is a resource stack mapper. It records resource stack locations as you walk by and shows them on the worldmap.
- records resource stack locations and shows them on worldmap
- shows previously recorded resource stacks on minimap if the resource is currently unavailable
- configurable icon shape, size, color and transparency for worldmap and minimap
- filter options
- highlight selected resources on minimap
- (WoWMap compatible - not a real feature, but people seem to be interested in the fact)
yGather - Gatherers Map ist ein Hilfsprogramm für Sammler. Es zeichnet alle Vorkommen von Rohstoffen an denen ihr vorbei kommt auf und zeigt sie auf der Weltkarte an.
- zeichnet alle Rohstoffvorkommen auf und zeigt sie in der Weltkarte
- zeigt aufgezeichnete Rohstoffe auch auf der Minimap an wenn diese gerade abgeerntet sind
- die Darstellung, wie Größe, Form und Farbe der Icons kann individuell für Weltkarte und Minimap angepasst werden
- bestimmte Rohstoffe können markiert werden und leuchten auf der Minimap auf, wenn sie in Reichweite kommen.
- kompatibel zu WOWmap
- über den Addonmanager
- über Parameteraufruf /yGather or /ygather im chat
- über den Rohstoff-Button oben links auf der Weltkarte
Frequently Asked Questions
How To ...
... enable new resources
When Runewaker adds new resources, they have to be added to the yGather/resources/spotnames.lua file.
The file has one line for each resource type.
The number before the equal sign is the yGather ID of the resource. It has to be unique in the file. If you add a new resource just pick the next free number in the corresponding block (Lumbering, Mining or Herblism). A once assign yGather ID must not be changed - this would mess up the yGather database.
The first value after the equal sign (for example Sys560038_name) is the RoM-internal identifier for the name of the resource in the minimap tooltip. These names can be found in the string...db files in the interface.fdb file. There are tools to extract these files - look or ask in the RoM forums.
The second value after the equal sign is the level required to gather the resource (it's not required, that the gathering levels are ordered in the file). The third value should be obviuos. ;)
Make sure that you follow the exact format of the other resource lines.
... enable new zones
When Runewaker adds new zones some scaling information has to be added to the yGather/resources/zonescaling.lua file.
yGather needs this information to calculate the exact position of the resource spots.
The value before the equal sign ist the zone id. You can print the id of your current zone to the chat by typing the following command into the chat edit field:
The first and second value after the equal sign are the horizontal and vertical scaling values. They are a bit more difficult to obtain.
First you need to find a location where there is only one icon of a kind (i.e. with the same tooltip name) on the minimap. Resource spots are well suited. NPCs are a bad choice because they tend to move (even the transporter dog moves a tiny bit) which leads to false scaling values.
If you choose a resource make sure there are no other resource spots with same name on the minimap and in the near surrounding. You have to move while measuring the scaling and there must not be any other icon with same name on the minimap during the whole measuring procedure.
Let's suppose you chose a "Moxa" spot ("Moxa" is the name in the minimap tooltip). Go to that spot. This is your reference spot. Make your chat window BIG. Type the following in the chat edit box:
/script yGather.minimap.scaleReference = "Moxa";
Now move diagonally (look at the minimap) from the spot (no mounts, no speed buffs, ...). You should see pairs of numbers rushing through your chat window. The farther you move from your reference spot (reference spot still on minimap) the more the numbers should converge to two values (one for horizontal and one for vertical). There are always a view values which are totally different to most of the others (don't know why) - just ignore them and focus on the majority. Round the values to full integers - these are your scaling parameters.
To get rid of the chat messages type the following:
/script yGather.minimap.scaleReference = "dummy";
The third value after the equal sign is just the name of the zone. It's mainly for better readability and not used for anything else.
If you have false scaling data resource spots on the worldmap occur in the wrong location. This gets worse the higher the worldmap coordinates are.
Use the localization feature at curseforge, if it supports your language. If it doesn't, you may either ask the people from curseforge to add it (prefered; click "Site issues" at the top of the page and file a ticket) or change the yGather files directly.
All files needed for localization are in the lang directory. If you change something (or add a new language), save the files as UTF8 without BOM (byte order mark) if your editor supports it. If not, save as ASCII, but then you have to escape non-ASCII characters.
Like with any other addon unzip in your RunesOfMagic program folder (not the one in your user directory) into the directory Interface/Addons.
- Recording only works when minimap is visible and displaying resources. It's not required to be on screen. It can be moved to not be visible but should not be hidden.
Bugs and Feedback
You can write a comment below or send me a PM or create a ticket Create a ticket (You can write in German or English)
(thanks to adisadicul for bringing the idea of yGather to RoM and creating the first versions)
- [add] new zone "Korris"
- [add] new zone "Tasuq"
- [add] new zone "The Moorlands of Farsitan"
- [loc] localization update Spanish (thx to SathaRidire)
- [add] new zone "Splitwater Coast"
- [mod] just new naming in accordance with supported ROM-Version
- [add] new zone "Kashaylan"
- [loc] localization update Italian (thx to Retcha88)
- [add] new zone "Salioca Basin"
- [fix] small fix to show Ygather in Ystra on Worldmap correctly
- [mod] update to chapter 6.1.0
- [mod] code improvements/updates
- [loc] localisation update
- [fix] ressources corrected
- [fix] Ress icons and non-Ress icons corrected (thx to Unknown3383)
- [fix] Ystra Worldmap corrected
- [add] added scaling data for Coast of Opportunity, Xaviera, Land of Malevolence, Redhill Mountains (thx arnefi)
- [add] added level 61, 63 and 69 resources
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v7.1.0||Release||188.8.131.5292||3,926||Mar 31, 2017|
|v7.1.0 beta 1||Beta||184.108.40.20681||35||Mar 29, 2017|
|v7.0.2||Release||220.127.116.1192||3,204||Dec 23, 2016|
|v7.0.2 beta 5||Beta||18.104.22.16892||35||Dec 16, 2016|
|v6.5.6||Release||6.5.6||5,789||May 14, 2016|
|v6.4.1||Release||5.0.9||6,880||Oct 5, 2015|
|v6.4.0||Release||5.0.9||1,676||Sep 25, 2015|
|v6.3.0||Release||5.0.9||5,050||May 28, 2015|
|v1.6.5||Release||5.0.9||1,727||May 20, 2015|
|v1.6.4||Release||5.0.9||88||May 20, 2015|
|v1.6.3||Release||5.0.9||5,967||Jan 4, 2015|
|v1.6.2||Release||5.0.9||2,722||Dec 19, 2014|
|v1.6.1||Release||5.0.9||7,493||Jul 15, 2014|
|v1.6||Release||5.0.9||1,714||Jul 6, 2014|
|v1.5||Release||3.0.10||77,821||Jun 30, 2011|
|v1.4||Release||3.0.2||37,115||Dec 23, 2010|
|v1.3||Release||3.0.2||11,187||Sep 23, 2010|
|v1.2||Release||22.214.171.1245||6,155||May 27, 2010|
|v1.0||Release||126.96.36.1992||96||Dec 22, 2009|