This is a simple little addon for finding missing quests in your current zone.
Currently Quest Finder tracks:
- 2,217 Quests for Guardian and Defiant
- 711 Quests for Guardian only
- 752 Quests for Defiant only
Source Quest data file contains:
- 13,743 Total Quests in Rift
- 10,063 Repeatable Quests purged (Dailies, Weeklies)
- 670 Quests purged as depreciated
List available commands in game.
List missing quest(s) for your current location, and which quests you currently have in your log.
- /qfind full
Same as above, except a Quest Summary will appear below each quest, with co-ordinates for the first objective (if available)
- /qfind done
Lists all completed quests for the current zone.
Change various settings in-game including chat tab use and silent mode. Type /qfhelp in game for a full list.
This will currently only list non-repeatable quests, as usually repeatable quests do not count towards Zone achievements. However, once a GUI is in place I do intend to provide full listings for all quests in any given area (including dailies), list quest givers and turn ins (with locations) and also link quest chains in order. There will possibly be the option to see full details of missing quests too.
- Updated: Now uses Rift Discovery dated: 2015-10-16
- New: Added 171 more quests for both factions.
- Fixed: Settings not loading correctly. (Error 286)
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files dated: 2014-11-21
- New: Added 3 more quests for both factions.
- New: Added 21 repeatable quests.
- New: Added 24 quests to internal database/
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files dated: 2014-11-03
- Updated: Compatible with Rift 3.0
- New: Added monitoring for new Nightmare Tide zones.
- New: Added 868 quests to internal database
- New: Added 432 quests for both factions.
- New: Added 436 quests as repeatable.
- New: Removed 2 quests as depreciated.
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files dated: 2014-09-29
- Updated: Compatible with Rift 2.8
- New: Added 25 quests to internal database.
- New: Added 1 quest for both factions.
- New: Added 24 quests as repeatable.
- New: Removed 10 quests as depreciated.
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files dated: 2014-05-14
- New: Added a 195 quests to internal database.
- New: Added with 61 for both factions.
- New: Updated Guardian quests to 711.
- New: Updated Defiant quests to 752.
- New: Removed a further 136 as depreciated.
- New: Added 153 repeatable quests.
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files data: 2013-12-04
- Updated: Requires Rift 2.5
- New: Quests included with Rift 2.5 have been added.
- New: Added command '/qfind done' which lists completed quests for the current zone.
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml and NPC.xml files dated: 2013-09-23
- Updated: Requires Rift 2.4.
- New: Updated with 400 new quests.
- New: Added 75 quests for both factions.
- New: Removed 52 quests flagged as Guardian only.
- New: Removed 36 quests flagged as Defiant only.
- New: Removed 48 quests as depreciated.
- New: Added 413 repeatable quests.
- Fixed: Some instances where Faction association wasn't working as intended.
- Update: Enhanced internal Quest parsing engine with conditional faction matching.
- Update: Internal NPC Database is now active (Dev Only) for cross reference of faction orientation.
- Update: Internal parsing system now checks faction relationship for quest givers and adjusts accordingly.
- New: Removed 584 quests flagged as Both.
- New: Added 301 quests for Guardian Only.
- New: Added 277 quests for Defiant Only.
- New: NPCStart field added to QuestData.lua ready for Quest Givers, populated where available.
- New: ItemStart field added to QuestData.lua ready for Item Ids, populated where available.
- Fixed: Error 26 when installing the Addon for the first time.
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery data dated: 2013-09-06
- New: /qfhelp command has been added to list available commands.
- New: /qfSetting chat=Tab Name: Change the output tab for all QF output.
- New: /qfSetting silent=value: Set to true/false to disable/enable start-up text.
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list data: 2013-08-30
- Update: Added Rift 2.3 support.
- New: 394 Depreciated quests have now been purged.
- Note: Some quests are still not correctly flagged with <Deprecated/> in the .xml file.
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list data: 2013-06-19
- Update: Added ZoneID for The Dendrome.
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list data: 2013-06-14
- Update: First round of Dendrome quests parsed. (Not final)
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list data: 2013-05-29
- Change: Converted to new Rift Event API, ready for Rift 2.3 (Free to Play)
- Change: Optimized starting code for initial player loading.
- Change: Optimized all Character tracking code for performance.
- Fixed: Corrected Watchdog coroutines timer system.
- New: Completed zones will now be indicated as such in the output.
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list dated: 2013-01-30 (February Update)
- Updated: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list dated: 2013-01-04
- Fixed: Removed error with one of Locale entries. (Error 187)
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list dated: 2012-12-17
- Fixed: Total numbers now adjust and account for duplicate missing quests.
- Changed: Adjusted chat output to be a little easier on the eye when glancing over the results.
- New: The report will now display a numerical summary of missing quests, and those in your log.
- New: If there is a valid Objective 1 map location, the co-ordinates will be given in brackets when using "/qfind full"
- New: Typing "/qfind full" will list the summary and possible first objective co-ordinates (if any). Do not confuse this with quest giver locations.
- Note: Linked quest givers are still in progress. This will override the current first object location.
- Note: Carnage quests give you a general location in the Quest Summary, therefor no co-ordinates are required, or for that matter supplied.
- Update: Now uses Quest.xml discovery list dated: 2012-12-10
- New: Listed quests will now be in 2 groups. First will appear incomplete quests in your Quest Log, followed by missing quests.
- Fixed: Adjusted development Parse exe to account for dual <Type> tags in Quests.xml. This should correct the Carnage count for all zones.
- Change: Converted all Storm Legion and Classic open world zone indexes to ZIDs rather than English names to allow for easier translations.
- Note: All Instance ZIDs will eventually be converted but are not a priority.
- Change: Adjusted the output after typing /qfind. You'll now be better informed of what's happening.
- Change: Moved Totals to the bottom of the list if missing Quests for better quick reference.
- New: Added German locale for output.
- New: Added functionality to check via Zone ID (if available) or Zone Name. This will later allow language independant comparisons.
- Fixed: Adjusted Language checking. From this point forward it will now switch locales.
- Change: Adjust how cached Quests are treated, and improved partial matching.
- New: Once a quest has been established as complete, it will be saved to a cache on a per character basis.
- New: Added the start of Locale support. Current Templates include German and French. Both default to English.
- Note: Other languages currently default to English, but will be supported soon.
- Fixed: Moved Endless loop counter reset out of loop. (sigh)
- Change: Duplicate quests without <Faction> identifiers are now purged from the list and Total available.
- Change: Uncached completed quests starting with a 32bit FFFFFFFF are now correctly converted.
- Change: Added Watchdog sensitive co-routine to attempt to avoid performance warnings.
- Change: Added filtering for your current Faction (Guardian/Defiant aware)
- Change: Added Filtering for Soul type quests.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|0.2.4||Release||3.4||17,018||Oct 16, 2015|
|0.2.3||Release||3.0||30,802||Nov 23, 2014|
|0.2.2||Release||3.0||8,468||Nov 5, 2014|
|0.2.1||Release||2.7||9,189||Sep 29, 2014|
|0.2.0||Release||2.5||21,519||May 15, 2014|
|0.1.9||Release||2.5||27,174||Dec 5, 2013|
|0.1.8||Release||2.4||16,907||Sep 23, 2013|
|0.1.7||Release||2.3||4,981||Sep 15, 2013|
|0.1.6||Release||2.3||5,522||Sep 7, 2013|
|0.1.5||Release||2.3||2,804||Sep 4, 2013|
|0.1.4||Release||2.3||25,327||Jun 21, 2013|
|0.1.3||Release||2.2.4||6,451||Jun 16, 2013|
|0.1.2||Release||2.2.4||7,435||May 31, 2013|
|0.1.1||Release||2.0||10,930||Feb 1, 2013|
|0.1.0||Release||2.0||3,420||Jan 4, 2013|
|0.0.9||Release||2.0||2,068||Dec 18, 2012|
|0.0.8||Release||2.0||689||Dec 12, 2012|
|0.0.7||Release||1.11||65||Dec 12, 2012|
|0.0.6||Release||1.11||96||Dec 11, 2012|
|0.0.5||Release||1.11||62||Dec 11, 2012|
|0.0.4||Release||1.11||123||Dec 10, 2012|
|0.0.3||Release||1.11||99||Dec 10, 2012|
|0.0.2||Release||1.11||40||Dec 10, 2012|
|0.0.1||Release||1.11||52||Dec 9, 2012|