SkyWars is back!
SkyWars is back! The first publicly released SkyWars plugin is now receiving intermittent updates, and has full support for Minecraft 1.9.
SkyWars v2.1.0 and above use a new arena backend, which comes with faster arena creation, and no longer requires SkyWarsBaseWorld.
If you were previously using SkyWars v2.0.1 or earlier, SkyWars will transfer all custom arenas to the new backend, so please back up all SkyWars and arena data before updating. If you were previously using SkyWars v1.4.5 or earlier, the update will also convert all user data from name-base to UUID-based storage.
PSA: Vote on new features
I haven't been completely active lately with updates, but I'll be adding things when I can. Due to my limited time, I'll be implementing the features with the highest votes first, on the feature poll.
Note: There's a new poll as of June 15th, 2016! If you haven't voted since then, click here!
- Integrates seamlessly into any server, survival, creative or otherwise.
- Join the SkyWars queue from any world, and you'll be transported back exactly where you came from once the game ends!
- SkyWars saves gamemode, health, hunger, potion status, and pretty much anything else you'd need to keep track of.
- Use an unlimited number of arenas at the same time! The only limit is your server player capacity.
- Use SkyWars's kit system to let players pay money each game for a kit, and give access to extra kits to donors through permissions support!
- Craft your server's unique SkyWars experience!
- Create custom kits just by filling your inventory with the items you want!
- Create arenas without any entering items into config files! Just build the arena, set the spawns with /sws and save it!
- Change any and all messages sent by SkyWars to players in messages.yml!
- Support for randomly filled chests!
- Support for portals to step into and join the queue.
- Custom economy rewards for winning games or killing in games.
- Server must be running at least Java 7.
- Server must be at least Minecraft version 1.7.8.
- Download SkyWars from the Download link on this page.
- Put SkyWars.jar into your plugins directory, and restart the server.
- SkyWars is now functional with the two default arenas!
- SkyWars Functions Guide (Start Here)
- Commands and Permissions
- Configuring SkyWars
- SkyWars Score System
- FAQ / Troubleshooting
- Join Signs & Portals
Video Tutorial (credit to Koz4Christ!)
- MCStats Statistics
- Full Changelog
- Full kits.yml Reference of valid values
- Testing SkyWars (for developers)
Translations / Localization
All player messages fully translated to English and German, and partially translated to Spanish, French, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese and Russian. Partial translations were at one point complete, but don't have some of the newer messages translated.
Change the locale SkyWars uses by setting locale in main-config.yml.
To help out SkyWars by translating it into your local language, go to SkyWars-Translations/Translating. Test out your localization as well by copying into messages.yml!
MCStats / Plugin metrics
SkyWars uses two services to report statistics. The first service, MCStats / Plugin Metrics, reports data to http://mcstats.org every 15 minutes. As of version 2.1.7, the second service, plugin-statistics, reports a small subset of that data to https://dabo.guru every hour.
All data gathered by MCStats can be viewed at http://mcstats.org/plugin/SkyWars. As MCStats is a relatively well-known service, I'll let you visit their website for more information.
To opt out from MCStats, change opt-out: false to opt-out: true in plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml
The other service, plugin-statistics, is currently unique to SkyWars. It reports data every hour, starting one hour from server startup. The data reported consists solely of: the plugin name, the plugin version, the server version, the online player count, and an instance UUID. The plugin-statistics UUID is reset every server startup to a random number, and is not stored in any file.
All data gathered can be viewed at https://dabo.guru/statistics/skywars/.
For more information, and a copy of both the plugin-side and server-side code, visit https:github.com/daboross/plugin-statistics.
To disable plugin-statistics, change report-statistics: true to report-statistics: false in plugins/SkyWars/main-config.yml.
When the /sw report command is used, SkyWars will submit a debug report for your server including server version, a list of all plugins, and other information to gist.github.com.
SkyWars will not publicly post information about your server to gist.github.com unless an admin uses the /sw report command. If you want to completely disable this functionality, add the following line to your main-config.yml file: disable-report: true.
Both default maps, Skyblock Warriors and Water Warriors, were created by SwipeShot.
We would like to thank JetBrains for their support of this project.
SkyWars v2.1.7 is a bugfix release, fixing one small bug which occurred in v2.1.6. v2.2.0 is mostly finished, and will soon also be released!
To vote for what comes next, click here.
SkyWars v2.1.7 supports CraftBukkit and Spigot versions 1.7.9 through 1.10.
Changes since 2.1.6
- Fix bug introduced in v2.1.6 where chest randomization does not fill any chests.
- Add secondary plugin statistics system, reporting to https://dabo.guru
- I meant to wait until v2.2.0 to include plugin-statistics, but this bugfix release needs to happen, and since the statistics is done I thought I might as well include it now.
- For details on what data is reported, and how to opt out, see statistics section of the main plugin page, or "report-statistics" option in configuring-skywars.
- To see recorded data (the same data I have access to), see https://dabo.guru/statistics/skywars/.
While plugin-statistics does do a whole lot less than Plugin Metrics, I decided to add it for the following reasons:
First, the SkyWars plugin page on MCStats has become somewhat convoluted, with multiple different SkyWars plugins reporting statistics to it. While this plugin was the first publicly released SkyWars plugin on BukkitDev, other plugins have started using MCStats under the same name. This makes it hard to tell exactly what percentage of each statistic is for this plugin - and makes it infinitely harder to actually get plugin data.
By also connecting to plugin-statistics, it will actually be possible to see how many total servers & players are running this SkyWars plugin.
Second, while MCStats does report a "server version" statistic, this is spread out throughout all plugin versions. There's no way to know how many people running the latest plugin version are running a specific minecraft server version. This is the one statistic which plugin-statistics generates which MCStats doesn't: the number of servers running each plugin version & server version combo.
Third, plugin-statistics is very light. By only reporting four variables (~200 bytes) once every hour, it has an extremely minimal impact on server resources. This is the main reason I'm planning on using both MCStats and plugin-statistics: compared to MCStats, plugin-statistics will use practically no additional bandwidth nor resources at all.
Changes since 2.1.5
- Fix kit messages & GUI being shown to those without the skywars.kit permission
- Fix right clicking on join signs not doing anything
- Add full support for all MC 1.9 variations of potions in custom arenas.
- Fix potions not working in kits and random chests in MC 1.9+.
- Fix armor not being applied in kits on MC 1.9+.
- Fix tab completion for all SkyWars commands with arguments (/sw kit, etc.)
- Fix multiple possible NullPointerExceptions errors when:
- team mode is enabled, and a game is started without the maximum number of players
- checking player interactions with other plugins
- a player leaves the server while in a game
- kits with no non-armor inventory items are used
- Fix errors starting arena when:
- random chests with a high total level are used
- double chests are placed in a custom arena
- Fix random chest configuration sections only being created for regular chests, not trapped chests
- Fix errors on leaving game when maximum player health is increased by armor or other items.
- Fix outdated WorldEdit versions causing glitches in SkyWars.
- Fix chests in custom arenas on Glowstone
- Remove UUID warning message on Glowstone and other non-CraftBukkit servers when UUIDs are supported
- Make all game message punctuation consistent between all translated languages.
Changes since 2.1.4
- Add support for limiting start/win/death in an arena to only players in that arena
- Enable death-message-limiting by default - deaths in game will only be displayed to those in that game.
- Fix players without the
skywars.joinpermission being able to use join signs
- Implement an inventory-based kit-choosing GUI.
- Each kit now has a "totem," and "description" configuration setting, which are used as the display item and lore for the kit in the kitGUI, respectively.
- Add configuration options to display kit gui...:
- with a
- with the
/sw kitcommand (replacing the command kit interface completely)
- or, automatically whenever joining the queue (or clicking a join sign when already in the queue)
- with a
/sw kitguiand automatic-showing are enabled by default for players with the
skywars.kitguipermission (OP-only by default)
/sw reportnot working with the new
- Fix players always facing one direction when teleporting to the lobby. SkyWars now correctly applies the pitch/yaw.
- Allow more optimization for the final SkyWars plugin jar file. This means a possibly faster and definitely smaller jar, but if you've been depending on SkyWars.jar from another plugin, this may break that dependency.
- Note that as long as you are depending on SkyWars-API.jar, and using all the public interfaces defined in that, you'll be fine. All of the API interfaces and methods are exempt from the optimization, and will work fine in any setting.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|v2.1.7||Release||1.10||1,691||Jul 15, 2016|
|v2.1.6||Release||1.10||450||Jul 12, 2016|
|v2.1.5||Release||1.10||6,249||Jun 19, 2016|
|v2.1.4||Release||1.9||3,667||Jun 8, 2016|
|v2.1.3||Release||1.9||15,479||Mar 31, 2016|
|v2.1.2||Release||1.9||3,627||Mar 26, 2016|
|v2.1.1||Release||1.9||5,103||Mar 9, 2016|
|v2.1.0||Release||1.8.1||13,233||Mar 2, 2016|
|v2.0.1||Release||1.8.1||10,841||Feb 8, 2016|
|v2.0.0||Release||CB 1.7.9-R0.1||120,465||Jul 19, 2014|
|v1.4.4||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||61,494||May 19, 2014|
|v1.4.2||Release||CB 1.6.4-R2.0||25,186||Mar 5, 2014|
|v1.4.1||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||7,005||Feb 20, 2014|
|v1.4.0||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||5,426||Feb 17, 2014|
|v1.3.2-mc1.6.4||Release||CB 1.6.4-R2.0||16,055||Oct 30, 2013|
|v1.3.2-mc1.5.2||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||6,197||Oct 30, 2013|
|v1.3.0-mc1.6.2||Release||CB 1.6.2-R1.0||4,799||Sep 21, 2013|
|v1.3.0-mc1.5.2||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||3,044||Sep 21, 2013|
|v1.2.2-mc1.6.2||Release||CB 1.6.2-R1.0||1,176||Sep 16, 2013|
|v1.2.2-mc1.5.2||Release||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||1,470||Sep 16, 2013|
|v1.2.1-mc1.6.2||Beta||CB 1.6.2-R1.0||770||Sep 8, 2013|
|v1.2.1-mc1.5.2||Beta||CB 1.5.2-R1.0||1,535||Sep 8, 2013|
|v1.2.0||Beta||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||257||Sep 8, 2013|
|v1.1.7||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||3,568||Aug 25, 2013|
|v1.1.6||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||694||Aug 19, 2013|
|v1.1.5||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||230||Aug 19, 2013|
|v1.1.4||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||892||Aug 14, 2013|
|v1.1.3||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||340||Aug 13, 2013|
|v1.1.2||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||201||Aug 13, 2013|
|v1.1.1||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||778||Aug 10, 2013|
|v1.1.0||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||170||Aug 9, 2013|
|v1.0.4||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||118||Aug 8, 2013|
|v1.0.1||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||124||Aug 8, 2013|
|v1.0.0||Release||CB 1.6.2-R0.1||479||Aug 8, 2013|